Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to use UCSF DOCK on cygwin ? Post 302881863 by blackrageous on Thursday 2nd of January 2014 11:36:18 AM
Old 01-02-2014
Possible path issue. This link shows a similar issue
Code:
http://mailman.docking.org/pipermail/dock-fans/2008-April/001556.html

Also, one thing i would suggest is to look for VM's (virtual machines like VMware or virtual box) that might be available that have DOCK installed . Cygwin is slow and using a VM saves you time in trying to install your enviroment. VM's allow you to get right to work and are usually free with linux as the O/S.
This User Gave Thanks to blackrageous For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing an item from the dock

Hello! I am able to add an item to the dock with this command: defaults write com.apple.dock persistent-apps -array-add... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emperorfabulous
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to install UCSF DOCK on Cygwin

I'm trying to install DOCK 6.3 on my computer. I'm using the latest version of both DOCK for the install and Cygwin. Following the directions outlined here DOCK 6.3 User Manual I type in the prompt ./configure Makefile and it creates a header file titled config.h I then type in make... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newuser1
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies
VMWARE(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 VMWARE(4)

NAME
vmware - VMware SVGA video driver SYNOPSIS
Section "Device" Identifier "devname" Driver "vmware" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
vmware is an XFree86 driver for VMware virtual video cards. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to XF86Config(5) for general configuration details. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. The driver auto-detects the version of any virtual VMware SVGA adapter. The following driver Options are supported: Option "HWCursor" "boolean" Enable or disable the HW cursor. Default: off. Option "NoAccel" "boolean" Disable or enable acceleration. Default: acceleration is enabled. SEE ALSO
XFree86(1), XF86Config(5), xf86config(1), Xserver(1), X(7) AUTHORS
Copyright (c) 1999-2001 VMware, Inc. XFree86 Version 4.7.0 VMWARE(4)