Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Packet loss coming with big packet size ping Post 302881804 by Neo on Wednesday 1st of January 2014 04:18:36 PM
Old 01-01-2014
What is the network configuration?

How many hops are between the two devices?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Seeing IP packet

Hi, Is there any way that i can directly take out the IP packet and see its contents. Waiting for your answer .............. Bye (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjunath
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Response time under packet loss

I am experiencing a problem where under a dial condition I am experiencing packet loss, which is failrly normal, but the response to the packet loss is taking bewteen 6 and 10 seconds. Could someone please advise what the industry standard is on the response time under a packet loss senario. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shane
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

0821-077 ping: illegal packet size.

Hi, When i try this command ping ukblx151.ukhx.astrazeneca.net -n 3 | grep icmp it gives following error :mad:: 0821-077 ping: illegal packet size. But when i give command ping ukblx151.ukhx.astrazeneca.net It returns correct output.:D Could you please help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal_ranjan
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

packet loss problem

I have 4 network ports on our T5240 sun server. all but 1 gives packet losses (nxge1) nxge0 gives on average 50% packet loss, very bad. nxge2 gives on average 1-2% packet loss. nxge3 gives on average 20% packet loss. Is there a tool or something to help me find the problem? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
11 Replies

5. HP-UX

how to get network packet size

how to get network packet size I would like get network output rate(kb/sec) I type command "netstat -i" Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs 653387 0 678202 0 but i didn't know what is it packet size , how could i get it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Packet loss on ce interface.

Hi, I am using the ce interface on my Solaris 9 server and there is significant packet loss when transmitting large packets. Does anyone have a fix for this? ----10.1.0.0 PING Statistics---- 51 packets transmitted, 42 packets received, 17% packet loss round-trip (ms) min/avg/max =... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help with configuring large packet size on Solaris 7 / e6500

We're running Solaris 7 on FDDI n/w on an E6500 host and wish to use MTU (packet size) > 1500, more like 3072 bytes to begin with and possibly up to 4096 bytes. Linux has /etc/network/interfaces. Does ANYONE remember the equivalent in Unix? When I do ifconfig eth0 mtu 4000, I get the error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharique
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Need help with configuring large packet size on Solaris 7 / e6500

Greetings, I'm stuck in a time warp using ancient machines from the prehistoric era that should be rightfully displayed in the Smithsonian. We're running Solaris 7 on FDDI n/w on an E6500 host and wish to use MTU (packet size) > 1500, more like 3072 bytes to begin with and possibly up to 4096... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharique
9 Replies

9. IP Networking

TCP Packet size

Hi! I'm writing an application (using BSD sockets on a Linux host) which communicates over TCP/IP with an embedded device. This embedded device has an old and real slow integrated circuit (Epson S1S6000) which handles all of the TCP/IP communication for it. Problem is, this circuit (S1S6000)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: olle
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris ping report failed packet script

Hello, on Solaris ping command does not report failed packet as in i.e. Windows (Connection timeout) Instead it reports the sequence of the sent packet: 64 bytes from 10.80.4.120: icmp_seq=11. time=36.0 ms 64 bytes from 10.80.4.120: icmp_seq=12. time=35.9 ms 64 bytes from 10.80.4.120:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
6 Replies
SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)				     systemd-networkd.service				       SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-networkd.service, systemd-networkd - Network manager SYNOPSIS
systemd-networkd.service /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd DESCRIPTION
systemd-networkd is a system service that manages networks. It detects and configures network devices as they appear, as well as creating virtual network devices. To configure low-level link settings independently of networks, see systemd.link(5). systemd-networkd will create network devices based on the configuration in systemd.netdev(5) files, respecting the [Match] sections in those files. systemd-networkd will manage network addresses and routes for any link for which it finds a .network file with an appropriate [Match] section, see systemd.network(5). For those links, it will flush existing network addresses and routes when bringing up the device. Any links not matched by one of the .network files will be ignored. It is also possible to explicitly tell systemd-networkd to ignore a link by using Unmanaged=yes option, see systemd.network(5). When systemd-networkd exits, it generally leaves existing network devices and configuration intact. This makes it possible to transition from the initrams and to restart the service without breaking connectivity. This also means that when configuration is updated and systemd-networkd is restarted, netdev interfaces for which configuration was removed will not be dropped, and may need to be cleaned up manually. CONFIGURATION FILES
The configuration files are read from the files located in the system network directory /lib/systemd/network, the volatile runtime network directory /run/systemd/network and the local administration network directory /etc/systemd/network. Networks are configured in .network files, see systemd.network(5), and virtual network devices are configured in .netdev files, see systemd.netdev(5). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.link(5), systemd.network(5), systemd.netdev(5), systemd-networkd-wait-online.service(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)