Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Right driver for Intel card.. Post 302881780 by linuxfreaker on Wednesday 1st of January 2014 09:55:39 AM
Old 01-01-2014
Solaris 11.1 is also missing the driver. I checked it yesterday.
I got this link github.com/joyent/illumos-joyent/tree/master/usr/src/uts/common/io/e1000g
I wonder if this will work if ported to Solaris..

Any idea how to build e1000g driver for Solaris 10?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows driver needed for 1000 base tx card (HP)

First of all, excuse my ignorance in my questions, but truth is, I know nothing about Unix. I have recently purchased some A7012A's (dual port, 1000 base T/X) gigabit cards and need to use them in a windows environment. I am trying to see if it is possible to have drivers written for the card... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: poaking
0 Replies

2. AIX

Need HBA card driver

Hi All, SUN emulex HBA card has been installed on P520 box. When i run the cfgmgr i am getting the following message. lpar2#cfgmgr cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
0 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Dual monitor for Intel 82915G & ATI Rage 128 card on FC6, Dell Optiplex Gx520

I want to setup dual monitor for the Dell Optiplex Gx520 computer. The motherboard has an Intel Corporation 82915G Integrated Graphics Controller. Then I add an ATI Rage 128 video card. The dual monitor work on Windows 2000 with the Intel chip as the primary screen and the ATI chip... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TsanChung
0 Replies

4. SCO

install NIC driver for Intel Pro 1000

hi I have a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.6 and I have download a NIC driver for Intel Pro 1000: ftp://ftp.sco.com/pub/openserver5/507/drivers/eeG_5.0.7g/VOL.000.000 Howto install it using floppy? ---------- Post updated at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:18 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

5. SCO

intel 845gv chipset accelerated graphic driver

hi friends.i want to embedded intel 845gv chipset accelerated graphic driver to my xi graphic acceleratedx server ver 4.1 on sco unix .can any one help me to send this driver thanks very much. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mostafanabavi
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Trouble with broadcomm card Wifi driver build

I'm having trouble getting my WIFI card to work. It's Device ID is :0c:00.0 0280: 14e4:4315 (rev 01). My OS is BT5. The card works with Lucid just fine. I've gone to the Hardware drivers to try and download it but when I try I always get this: SystemError: installArchives()failedI've gone to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mt3ng4
2 Replies

7. Hardware

Linux Driver for SafeCom ( Texas Instruments ) Wireless Card

hi, would anyone know where to get a Linux ( Red Hat ) driver for a SafeCom ( i.e. Texas Instruments ) 11g WLAN card SWLPT 54108 ? It's quite an old card that only seems to come with windows drivers on its install disk. thanks, Jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Looking for driver for SunSAI/P 3.0 (Serial Asynchronous Interface) card X2156A

I'm looking for driver for SunSAI/P 3.0 (Serial Asynchronous Interface) card X2156A for Solaris. It used to be on sun-solve, but I fail to find it on the Oracle site. Any help would be very appreciated! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ira28
1 Replies
ldi_get_eventcookie(9F) 				   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				   ldi_get_eventcookie(9F)

NAME
ldi_get_eventcookie - Retrieve an NDI event service cookie for the device represented by the layered driver handle SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/sunldi.h> int ldi_get_eventcookie(ldi_handle_t lh, char *name ddi_eventcookie_t * ecp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) PARAMETERS
ldi_handle_t lh Layered handle. char *name NULL-terminated string containing the event name. ddi_eventcookie_t *ecp Pointer to the kernel event cookie. DESCRIPTION
The ldi_get_eventcookie() function queries the device tree for a cookie matching the given event name and returns a reference to that cookie. The search is performed by calling up the device tree hierarchy of the device represented by the layered driver handle until the request is satisfied by a bus nexus driver, or the top of the dev_info tree is reached. The cookie returned by this function can be used to register a callback handler with ldi_add_event_handler(9F). RETURN VALUES
DDI_SUCCESS Cookie handle is returned. DDI_FAILURE Request was not serviceable by any nexus driver in the target device's ancestral device tree hierarchy. CONTEXT
This function may be called from user or kernel contexts. SEE ALSO
ldi_add_event_handler(9F), ldi_remove_event_handler(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 9 Feb 2004 ldi_get_eventcookie(9F)