Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get the consecutive last 10 week day date using UNIX ksh shell scripting? Post 302881679 by karthikram on Tuesday 31st of December 2013 06:21:03 AM
Old 12-31-2013
How to get the consecutive last 10 week day date using UNIX ksh shell scripting?

Hi,

i am writing a ksh shell script to check the last month end date whether it is falling in last 10 week day date, I am not sure How to use "Mr. Perderabo's date calculator", Could you Please let me know how to use to get my requirement, I tried my own script but duplicate week day and duplicate weekend dates are coming , i know how to trim , but i am not sure this logic is right and it is right approach.

Code:
rm -f test_file.txt
counter=0
while [[ $counter -le 9 ]]
do
#if [[ `date -d "${counter} day ago" +"%w"` -gt 0 && `date -d "${counter} day ago" +"%w"` -lt 6 ]]; then
#date -d "${counter} day ago" +"%Y%m%d" >> test_file.txt
if [[ `date -d "${counter} day ago" +"%w"` -eq 0 ]];then
#date -d "${counter} day ago" -d "1 day ago" +"%Y%m%d" >> test_file.txt
date -d "(${counter}+1) day ago" +"%Y%m%d" >> test_file.txt
elif [[ `date -d "${counter} day ago" +"%w"` -eq 6 ]];then
#date -d "${counter} day ago" -d "2 day ago" +"%Y%m%d" >> test_file.txt
date -d "(${counter}+2) day ago" +"%Y%m%d" >> test_file.txt
else
date -d "${counter} day ago" +"%Y%m%d" >> test_file.txt
fi
let counter=counter+1
done

Please Advise.

Thanks,
Regards,
karthik

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find Day of the Week from the given date (Perl)?

How to find the Day of the Week of the given Date using perl? If I have a date in YYY--MM-DD format, how to find the DOW? Based on that, I need to find the following sunday. Pls help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

Get Day of Week from date

Hi All, I have date in string format 'YYYY-MM-DD'. I want to know day of the week for this date. Example. For '2005-08-21' my script should return '0' or Sunday For '2005-08-22' it should return '1' or Monday I want piece of code for HP-UX korn shell. Appreciate reply on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpapaiya
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the day of the given date-ksh

Hi friends, I need some urgent help on Dates in unix. I have a date say - "20080706", i need some command to display the day, here its sunday(06). Please help me out. FYI: I use Ksh. I/P - 20080706 O/P - Sunday (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: divzz
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function to get day of week from YYYY-MM-DD date

Can't find out how to get the day of the week from a given date, anyone got a code snippet that could help please? Ta!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: couponmeup
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Day of the week from date

I have a problem of Finding Day of the week from date, but i need to do it within awk On SOLARIS Input:20101007(YYYYMMDD) Output:Thursday kindly provide suggestions. Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: junaid.nehvi
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add trailer record at the end of the flat file in the unix ksh shell scripting?

Hi, How to add trailer record at the end of the flat file in the unix ksh shell scripting can you please let me know the procedure Regards Srikanth (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add day of week at the end of each line that shows the date?

I have a file that looks like: file1: www_blank_com 20121008153552 www_blank_com 20121008162542 www_blank_com 20121009040540 www_blank_com 20121009041542 www_blank_com 20121010113548 www_blank_com 20121011113551 www_blank_com 20121012113542 I want the new file to show the day of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: castrojc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to obtain a day of the week from the date?

I have a date in format YYYYMMDD, i need to get the day of the week from the given date. I am working in AIX system. ---------- Post updated at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:57 AM ---------- Tried to post sum of the thread's link from which i tried, but de rules didnt allow me... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: baranisachin
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all CONSECUTIVE text lines from file shell scripting

Hi I have a text file like below. THe content of the text will vary. Entire text file have four consecutive lines followed with blank line. I want to delete the occurrence of the two consicutive lines in the text file. I don't have pattern to match and delete. Just i need to delete all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
5 Replies
AUREPORT:(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      AUREPORT:(8)

NAME
aureport - a tool that produces summary reports of audit daemon logs SYNOPSIS
aureport [options] DESCRIPTION
aureport is a tool that produces summary reports of the audit system logs. The aureport utility can also take input from stdin as long as the input is the raw log data. The reports have a column label at the top to help with interpretation of the various fields. Except for the main summary report, all reports have the audit event number. You can subsequently lookup the full event with ausearch -a event number. You may need to specify start & stop times if you get multiple hits. The reports produced by aureport can be used as building blocks for more complicated analysis. OPTIONS
-au, --auth Report about authentication attempts -a, --avc Report about avc messages -c, --config Report about config changes -cr, --crypto Report about crypto events -e, --event Report about events -f, --file Report about files --failed Only select failed events for processing in the reports. The default is both success and failed events. -h, --host Report about hosts --help Print brief command summary -i, --interpret Interpret numeric entities into text. For example, uid is converted to account name. The conversion is done using the current resources of the machine where the search is being run. If you have renamed the accounts, or don't have the same accounts on your machine, you could get misleading results. -if, --input file Use the given file instead if the logs. This is to aid analysis where the logs have been moved to another machine or only part of a log was saved. --input-logs Use the log file location from auditd.conf as input for analysis. This is needed if you are using aureport from a cron job. -k, --key Report about audit rule keys -l, --login Report about logins -m, --mods Report about account modifications -ma, --mac Report about Mandatory Access Control (MAC) events -n, --anomaly Report about anomaly events. These events include NIC going into promiscuous mode and programs segfaulting. --node node-name Only select events originating from node name string for processing in the reports. The default is to include all nodes. Multiple nodes are allowed. -p, --pid Report about processes -r, --response Report about responses to anomaly events -s, --syscall Report about syscalls --success Only select successful events for processing in the reports. The default is both success and failed events. --summary Run the summary report that gives a total of the elements of the main report. Not all reports have a summary. -t, --log This option will output a report of the start and end times for each log. --tty Report about tty keystrokes -te, --end [end-date] [end-time] Search for events with time stamps equal to or before the given end time. The format of end time depends on your locale. If the date is omitted, today is assumed. If the time is omitted, now is assumed. Use 24 hour clock time rather than AM or PM to specify time. An example date using the en_US.utf8 locale is 09/03/2009. An example of time is 18:00:00. The date format accepted is influenced by the LC_TIME environmental variable. You may also use the word: now, recent, today, yesterday, this-week, week-ago, this-month, this-year. Today means starting now. Recent is 10 minutes ago. Yesterday is 1 second after midnight the previous day. This-week means starting 1 second after midnight on day 0 of the week determined by your locale (see localtime). This-month means 1 second after midnight on day 1 of the month. This-year means the 1 second after midnight on the first day of the first month. -tm, --terminal Report about terminals -ts, --start [start-date] [start-time] Search for events with time stamps equal to or after the given end time. The format of end time depends on your locale. If the date is omitted, today is assumed. If the time is omitted, midnight is assumed. Use 24 hour clock time rather than AM or PM to specify time. An example date using the en_US.utf8 locale is 09/03/2009. An example of time is 18:00:00. The date format accepted is influ- enced by the LC_TIME environmental variable. You may also use the word: now, recent, today, yesterday, this-week, this-month, this-year. Today means starting at 1 second after midnight. Recent is 10 minutes ago. Yesterday is 1 second after midnight the previous day. This-week means starting 1 second after midnight on day 0 of the week determined by your locale (see localtime). This-month means 1 second after midnight on day 1 of the month. This-year means the 1 second after midnight on the first day of the first month. -u, --user Report about users -v, --version Print the version and exit -x, --executable Report about executables SEE ALSO
ausearch(8), auditd(8). Red Hat Sept 2009 AUREPORT:(8)