Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX 7.1 Upgrade problem
Operating Systems AIX AIX 7.1 Upgrade problem Post 302881668 by h@foorsa.biz on Tuesday 31st of December 2013 01:43:30 AM
Old 12-31-2013
Keylock position is set to normal as shown in the attached screenshot
AIX 7.1 Upgrade problem-keylockgif

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

HELP for AIX 4.3 upgrade to 5.3

Hi guys I have joined a new department and one of my tasks is to investigate the feasibility of upgrading our current AIX v 4.3 to V5.3. I do not know anything about AIX and any actual work will be done by an outside consultant until such time as I have built up my own knowledge. The system we... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDM
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX ML upgrade

Hello everyone, I have to do a ML upgrade on AIX 5.2 from 01 to 09 this is the first time iam going to do it. are there any command i have to keep in mind?? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Upgrade

Does anyone know any gotcha's on upgrading AIX from 5.1 to 5.3? Any interim steps on needs to do or ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Upgrade 5.2 to 5.3

I have an IBM P520 that I need to upgrade from 5.2 to 5.3. My background in Unix is from 15 years ago so I don't remember much. IBM documentation is hard to find. Any help would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashtonmcse
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX OS upgrade gone wrong

I have an AIX LPAR that is one half of a Oracle RAC cluster running over a GPFS filesystem. The OS version in the LPAR was 5300-05-01 I ran an upgrade to 5300-07-05 (Apply only, Commit=NO and preserve old files). The preview passed with no failures detected. The actual upgrade failed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: morgan_g
5 Replies

6. AIX

Upgrade from AIX 5.3 to 6.1

Hello Folks, i am facing some weired issues. case is like this :- initially i was on AIX 5.3 i have installed filesets related to my application and those were in APPLY state.(COMMIT is set as NO) Then i have taken lslpp -l| grep -i <apps name> in that i confirmed whether the filesets are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harsh_mulay
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

8. AIX

AIX upgrade

i upgrade aix ml 5.3.2.1 to 5.3.2.2 but when running commnd #oslevel -r shows out put, again 5.3.2.1-- where should i chek??? 2-can any one tell me when mknfs command run which files get updated?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nayyer
2 Replies

9. AIX

Upgrade AIX without HMC

Hi all, i would like to know if it's possible upgrade AIX 5.3 to 6.1 on a LPAR without use the HMC. so i would like to know if i must use the console to do it or i can do all from the up&running system on LPAR. Thanks in advance. Mario (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
4 Replies

10. AIX

Upgrade AIX 5.3 to AIX6.1

Dear Guys .. I'm going to Upgrade one of the servers AIX 6.1 I want to stop rootvg mirror to save the mirror then upgrade to AIX 6.1 this is to help me in rollback if something goes wrong but .. can anyone help me how to make sure that system is relay mirrored and how to know that second... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: top.level
10 Replies
INNUPGRADE(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						     INNUPGRADE(8)

NAME
innupgrade - Upgrade INN configuration files SYNOPSIS
innupgrade directory innupgrade [-t type] -f file DESCRIPTION
innupgrade is intended to be run during a major upgrade of INN to fix the configuration files with any required changes. If given a directory, it will scan that directory for any files that it has updates defined for, try to perform those updates, and replace the files with updated versions if applying the updates resulted in any changes. The old versions of the files will be saved with a ".OLD" extension. If the -f flag is used, only that file will be updated. If the file name doesn't match the standard file name of an INN configuration file, the optional -t flag may be given to specify the type. See "EXAMPLES" for an example of this. Currently, innupgrade knows how to apply the following updates: inn.conf o Quote values with whitespace and comment out keys with no values, required for the change in configuration parsers introduced in INN 2.4. The new format is not backward compatible with the previous parser, since the previous parser will include the double-quotes in the value of the parameter. o Add the hismethod parameter if not found (introduced in INN 2.4, with the default value "hisv6") and rename nntpactsync to incominglogfrequency (since INN 2.5). o If the overview.fmt file exists, its content is merged in the extraoverviewadvertised and extraoverviewhidden parameters introduced in INN 2.5. The file is then renamed to overview.fmt.OLD. o If the sasl.conf file exists, its content is merged in the tlscapath, tlscafile, tlscertfile and tlskeyfile parameters introduced in INN 2.5. The file is then renamed to sasl.conf.OLD. newsfeeds o Replace the use of startinnfeed with the appropriate direct invocation of innfeed or imapfeed. A few obsolete programs or configuration files are renamed with a ".OLD" extension by innupgrade. Obsolete man pages are directly removed. Normally, innupgrade should be run at least on the pathetc directory after any upgrade of INN other than a patch release (any upgrade that changes the first or second version numbers). This may occur automatically during the upgrade process. OPTIONS
-f file Only act on file rather than working on an entire directory. -t type For a file specified with -f, parse it and upgrade it as if it were named type. Used for upgrading files with the same syntax as normal INN configuration files but with different names. Only makes sense in combination with -f. EXAMPLES
Upgrade any configuration files found in pathetc and append a ".OLD" extension to obsolete files in pathetc: innupgrade <pathetc in inn.conf> Upgrade only /news/etc/inn.conf: innupgrade -f /news/etc/inn.conf Upgrade a file named inn-special.conf that should have the same syntax as inn.conf: innupgrade -t inn.conf -f inn-special.conf Any upgrade rules that apply to inn.conf will be applied to the alternate file. HISTORY
Written by Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> for InterNetNews. $Id: innupgrade.pod 8415 2009-04-12 20:19:35Z iulius $ INN 2.5.3 2009-05-21 INNUPGRADE(8)