Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Test command non case specific string comparision Post 302881655 by Don Cragun on Monday 30th of December 2013 06:01:02 PM
Old 12-30-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecracker
Hi Don...
... ... ...
Cut-n-paste error I realise, but it threw me for a couple of minutes...
Yes. Obviously. Thanks for catching it. I have corrected the sample code in my earlier post. Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

case insenserive comparision

in If statement how can i campare "ASCII" with "ascii" the result of comparision shold be true..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to test if a string is a file

What awk command will test a string to determine if it is a valid file name? With the following awk statement I isolate the lines from the inputfile that might contain a filename, then I attempt to test the possible filename which is always in $4 from each line. However it is not working at all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arsenalman
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String comparision

I have a string like ab or abc of whatever length. But i want to know whether another string ( for example, abcfghijkl, OR a<space> bcfghijkl ab<space> cfghijkl OR a<space>bcfghijkl OR ab<space> c<space> fghijkl ) starts with ab or abc... space might existing on the longer string... If so, i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Comparision

I want to compare two strings using awk dynamically without trimming the spaces and want to find the count of matching string. Input Strings file: File1 content (file1): " a " " a2 " File2 content (file2): " a " " a " " a2 " " b2 " " c2 "... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to update the string in a file trough case command

Hi All, my requirement is first search the line and updated stg value with the user input value. ws.rsp.url=https://rt930.rsp-stg.cb.info53.com/RSP/RAFT^M stg is not fixed string it may varies.So i used the below command for it rsp=`cat properties | grep ^ws.rsp.url= | awk -F"/"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhas85
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to test that a string doesn't contain specific characters?

Hi ! :) I made this : #!/bin/bash rsa_dir="/etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/" rsa_key_dir="/etc/openvpn/easy-rsa/keys/" ccd_dir="/etc/openvpn/ccd/" regex_special_char='' cd $rsa_dir while read -p "Please can you enter the vpn's username : " username ] || ] || ] || ] do echo "Your entry... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
10 Replies
Tcl_StringMatch(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						Tcl_StringMatch(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_StringMatch, Tcl_StringCaseMatch - test whether a string matches a pattern SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_StringMatch(str, pattern) int Tcl_StringCaseMatch(str, pattern, flags) ARGUMENTS
const char *str (in) String to test. const char *pattern (in) Pattern to match against string. May contain special characters from the set *?[]. int flags (in) OR-ed combination of match flags, currently only TCL_MATCH_NOCASE. 0 specifies a case-sensitive search. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This utility procedure determines whether a string matches a given pattern. If it does, then Tcl_StringMatch returns 1. Otherwise Tcl_StringMatch returns 0. The algorithm used for matching is the same algorithm used in the string match Tcl command and is similar to the algorithm used by the C-shell for file name matching; see the Tcl manual entry for details. In Tcl_StringCaseMatch, the algorithm is the same, but you have the option to make the matching case-insensitive. If you choose this (by passing TCL_MATCH_NOCASE), then the string and pattern are essentially matched in the lower case. KEYWORDS
match, pattern, string Tcl 8.5 Tcl_StringMatch(3)