Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Determine if variable is the Server component of UNC Post 302881605 by Festus Hagen on Monday 30th of December 2013 01:13:21 PM
Old 12-30-2013
Was I not clear.

Ruby and AWK are out ... not available.
That is the reason for my second line in original post. sh/csh!
sed is available.

I am not Reading or Processing a file ...

A Single parameter is passed to myscript, that parameter will contain ONE part of a path.
In myscript, it is referenced by $1.
I need to know if that one component (in $1) is the server part or not (ie: //server and not //server/blab) ... Thats all!

Obviously this will be used for flow control. as per my example in the original post.

Thanks

-Enjoy
fh : )_~

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Perl to connect UNC Filepaths on Domain

I'm trying to use Perl on Windows (Doh!) to connect to a folder on a Domain Controller via UNC. Right now, I have perl -e "`runas /user:DOMAIN\\Username dir \\\\SERVER\\d\$\\Path`" This does not seem to connect nor does it prompt for password. Should I try throwing it into a script and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to Determine client's DNS server Ip

Is there a way for a server to determine client's DNS ip? I have an application that logs client's IP but in certain cases its desirable to know their DNS too (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vickylife
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To verify status of particular Component(Siebel Server srvrmgr)

Hi , I want to connect srver to pertuculat mode(i.e.srvrmanger)and after that I want to verify status of perticular component(i.e.CommOutboundMgr) For that I have created following script bout after 3rd line it is not executing 4th linei.e. list comp CommOutboundMgr. cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file name out of UNC path

Hello, I searched the forums and didn't see a situation like this: I cannot figure out how to parse out just the file name from the full path. The path looks like this: \\foo\bar\filename.ext I don't think something like 'cut' will work so I tried to whip up a regex but couldn't get it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bytesnoop
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine a shell variable exists in file?

Hi Folks, Trying to build up a script that will lookup a username invoked as: ./buildscript.sh <username> This should take <username> and look it up in <username_file> and prepare for further processing. Here is the snippet that isn't working just right: user=$1 if ]; then echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdenton
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To determine the File Sytem Usage on Multiple UNIX server

Hello All :) I want to write a shell script to find the file system usage on multiple UNIX servers. Commands: df -g fsJCAPS Below script works fine and it displays results on terminal/console. I want to store /redirect output on to local server from where I'm running the script. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammad Nawaz
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to determine share name of Linux server?

Hi, How to determine share name of Linux server ? OS version is RHL 6.5 Regards, Maddy (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
11 Replies

8. Web Development

Script to determine which web server at ip addresses

how do we determine if ip addresses are hosting IIS version 7.x or Apache 2.2.x. ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NameSake
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to determine server IP

Need help with the script, I am trying to include this script as part of kickstart profile. based of the host's IP address, in this case if the host is IP starting with 10.10.3.* or 10.10.6.*, I will be pushing appropriate routing file from my web server. I validate host IP from nslookup. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies
SHCOMP(1)						    User Environment Utilities							 SHCOMP(1)

NAME
shcomp - compile a ksh93 shell script SYNOPSIS
shcomp [ options ] [infile] [outfile]] ORIGIN OF THIS MAN PAGE
This man page was written by Christophe Martin <Schplurtz@free.fr> for the Debian GNU/Linux system. It is based on "shcomp --man" output. DESCRIPTION
Unless -D is specified, shcomp takes a shell script, infile, and creates a binary format file, outfile, that ksh93 can read and execute with the same effect as the original script. Since aliases are processed as the script is read, alias definitions whose value requires variable expansion will not work correctly. If -D is specified, all double quoted strings that are preceded by $ are output. These are the messages that need to be translated to locale specific versions for internationalization. If outfile is omitted, then the results will be written to standard output. If infile is also omitted, the shell script will be read from standard input. OPTIONS
-D, --dictionary Generate a list of strings that need to be placed in a message catalog for internationalization. -n, --noexec Displays warning messages for obsolete or non-conforming constructs. -v, --verbose Displays input from infile onto standard error as it reads it. --man Displays this man page on standard error and exits. --help Shows a short help message and exits. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. DEBIAN WARNING
On a Debian GNU/Linux system, more than one package may provide ksh. the output of shcomp can only be used by ksh93. Any other ksh will be unable to run the compiled script. EXAMPLE
( echo '#! /bin/ksh93' ; shcomp myscript ) > myscript.bin && chmod 755 myscript.bin ./myscript.bin SEE ALSO
ksh(1) IMPLEMENTATION
version shcomp (AT&T Labs Research) 2003-03-02 author David Korn <dgk@research.att.com> copyright Copyright (c) 1982-2005 AT&T Corp. license http://www.opensource.org/licenses/cpl1.0.txt KSH93 Fri Jun 3 2005 SHCOMP(1)