Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Determine if variable is the Server component of UNC Post 302881522 by Akshay Hegde on Monday 30th of December 2013 04:53:07 AM
Old 12-30-2013
Assuming that file does not contain blank line

Code:
$ awk  '{print gsub(/\//,"&") == 2 ? "Server Component: "$0 : "Path components: "$0 }' file

Code:
$ awk  '{print /server$/ ? "Server Component: "$0 : "Path components: "$0 }' file

Last edited by Akshay Hegde; 12-30-2013 at 06:04 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Perl to connect UNC Filepaths on Domain

I'm trying to use Perl on Windows (Doh!) to connect to a folder on a Domain Controller via UNC. Right now, I have perl -e "`runas /user:DOMAIN\\Username dir \\\\SERVER\\d\$\\Path`" This does not seem to connect nor does it prompt for password. Should I try throwing it into a script and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to Determine client's DNS server Ip

Is there a way for a server to determine client's DNS ip? I have an application that logs client's IP but in certain cases its desirable to know their DNS too (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vickylife
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To verify status of particular Component(Siebel Server srvrmgr)

Hi , I want to connect srver to pertuculat mode(i.e.srvrmanger)and after that I want to verify status of perticular component(i.e.CommOutboundMgr) For that I have created following script bout after 3rd line it is not executing 4th linei.e. list comp CommOutboundMgr. cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file name out of UNC path

Hello, I searched the forums and didn't see a situation like this: I cannot figure out how to parse out just the file name from the full path. The path looks like this: \\foo\bar\filename.ext I don't think something like 'cut' will work so I tried to whip up a regex but couldn't get it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bytesnoop
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine a shell variable exists in file?

Hi Folks, Trying to build up a script that will lookup a username invoked as: ./buildscript.sh <username> This should take <username> and look it up in <username_file> and prepare for further processing. Here is the snippet that isn't working just right: user=$1 if ]; then echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdenton
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To determine the File Sytem Usage on Multiple UNIX server

Hello All :) I want to write a shell script to find the file system usage on multiple UNIX servers. Commands: df -g fsJCAPS Below script works fine and it displays results on terminal/console. I want to store /redirect output on to local server from where I'm running the script. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammad Nawaz
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to determine share name of Linux server?

Hi, How to determine share name of Linux server ? OS version is RHL 6.5 Regards, Maddy (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
11 Replies

8. Web Development

Script to determine which web server at ip addresses

how do we determine if ip addresses are hosting IIS version 7.x or Apache 2.2.x. ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NameSake
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to determine server IP

Need help with the script, I am trying to include this script as part of kickstart profile. based of the host's IP address, in this case if the host is IP starting with 10.10.3.* or 10.10.6.*, I will be pushing appropriate routing file from my web server. I validate host IP from nslookup. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)                                                                                                                NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)