Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting a shell script to program Post 302881491 by kurumi on Sunday 29th of December 2013 09:42:46 PM
Old 12-29-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priy
Hi I am new in programming.

I have written a shell code, but i want to secure my code.

I have tried SHC. It is converting it to binary, but can be converted in plain text again by core dump.

I have tried to convert it in rpm by "rpmbuild -bb my.spec" option but the result is same.

Is there any idea/way by which we can protect it by getting plain text code.

How other linux commands are converted to binary ?
shell code is different from shell script.

What makes your code so secret? did you embed passwords inside?

another way. Write in C and compile.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Shell script to Dos batch files

Hi friends! I am having some simple shell script files to build postgresql database and all. Now i want to convert those scripts to dos batch scripts(to run on windows XP/2000/NT) because there is no need of unix emulation for latest release of postgresql. Please somebody help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darwinkna
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Shell Script to HTML

Hi, Im new to shell scripting. My task is to convert shell script feed into html, so basically I have a lot of information in shell script and I want to convert it html. I know you can simply convert the information by hand, but is there any simpler way? Thank you Dave (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davwel
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in converting number in shell script

Hi All, I am writing a shell script in which I want to convert a number like : Suppose the number is "98487657" and we have to convert it to "98000000", what I want to do is to retain first 2 digits and convert all remaining digits to "0". Number could be of any length (length... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitanshu.verma
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script converting temperatures.

:confused:Please I really need help with an assignment question. I need to write a script that will take the input from a file and convert the number from Centigrade(Celcius) to Fahrenheit or vice versa. Thank you so much. I really need it to be detailed. Please remember the input comes from a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starter101
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

converting rows to clumns using shell script

I have a script which converts rows to columns. file_name=$1 mailid=$2 #CREATE BACKUP OF ORIGINAL FILE #cp ${file_name}.xlsx ${file_name}_temp.xlsx #tr '\t' '|' < ${file_name}_temp.xlsx > ${file_name}_temp.csv #rm ${file_name}_temp.xlsx pivot_row=`head -1 ${file_name}` sed 1d... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy538
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting rows to columns using shell script

I have a script which converts rows to columns. file_name=$1 mailid=$2 #CREATE BACKUP OF ORIGINAL FILE #cp ${file_name}.xlsx ${file_name}_temp.xlsx #tr '\t' '|' < ${file_name}_temp.xlsx > ${file_name}_temp.csv #rm ${file_name}_temp.xlsx pivot_row=`head -1 ${file_name}` sed 1d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy538
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting string to number in shell script

Hi, I am having a problem in converting a string to number so I can preform arithmetic operations. timeTot=0 timeTmp=$(cat idsOutput | grep 'Run time' | cut -c 36-39) timeTot=$ #This is line 28 echo "total RunTime=" $timeTot this is the error msg: ./ids2.sh: line 28: 0+1.35: syntax... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: turki_00
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for converting file to Excel or CSV

Hi I have a dat file which has "n" number of columns. The file is delimited. The number of columns keep varying as the file is generated out of DB queries. Could you please help me in writing a script which will generate a XLS or CSV file out of the dat file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vee
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Converting the following batch script to Linux shell

I am currently migrating to ubuntu from my windows system. Now I am learing to convert all my batch scripts into linux shell. Although the common commands are more or less similar, but I found it difficult for the following set of commands in windows cmd: setlocal :PROMPT SET /P... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: net.genere
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell how's converting .html files

Hello everybody, :) I need some help with a school project that I have to create for the next week. :eek: So first, the aim of the Script is that I have a WebSite with a lot of .html / .shtml / .js / .css in one directory. That directory have few directory too but that's not so important,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mariocrocop
1 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.12.3 2011-06-11 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)