Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Controlling Peripheral Relay/Switch with Scripts Post 302881401 by Akshay Hegde on Sunday 29th of December 2013 02:26:28 AM
Old 12-29-2013
There are some wireless modules also, but they are expensive, as I mentioned in my last post, buying modules are expensive compare to building your own.

There are some ZigBee wireless Modules, these modules simulation programs are available for matlab.

Wireless Devicecontrolby pcRS 232Interface: Wireless Device control by pc RS 232 Interface

National Control Devices: Wireless Relay Controller Boards

I think this is not right place to discuss on embedded modules, if you have modules ready and configured to electrical / electronic devices, then let us know what is to be done through scripting.

I think right place to this topic is in our Special Forum ---> Hardware
This User Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

controlling screen display

How can I control the screen output when trying to read a large file onto the screen x number of lines at a time. I'm trying to use this is a bourne shell script. I want to display 10 lines of a file, pause the screen so that a user can read the file, and then display the next 10 lines of the file,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrdnoland1
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resetting hung serial ports and peripheral devices.

Working in SunOS 2.6 without the GUI, I am trying to find out what command line syntax I can use to reset the serial port. I have also been curious how to reset peripheral devices without having to reboot the machine. If anyone has a cheat sheet for that, that would be great! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcherry
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Controlling logfiles

I support an app that outputs alert and audit messages to one log file (vendor says they can't be separated). The script that I have written takes a copy (mv cmd) of the file to do the separation and reformatting. I have a problem that I loose records (messages are being written constantly, upto 3+... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
5 Replies

4. Programming

controlling terminal

What is controlling terminal in the case of daemon process? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhu Babu
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Controlling I/O

Hi guys, Can anyone please tell me how I can control the I/O on my hardware devices in Suse Linux 8.1. I find that everytime I am reading a CD, or copying from a CD, I am unable to listen to music of watch a movie. Maybe this is intended to be like so, for the current high street technolgy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bionicfysh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps: no controlling terminal

Any one know the below means : ps: no controlling terminal I had run a script in background : nohup ./benchmark.sh & and shutdown my windows system from where i connected through SSH I am using bash: The above script perfoms various tasks of Benchmarking Repositories Today the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
3 Replies

7. Solaris

configure solaris 10 mail to relay email alerts from SAN switch

I want to be able to use an account on a solaris 10 server, eg root@myhost to act as a relay to forward mail to my domain account me@mycompany.com The reason for this is to configure root@myhost as a mail relay on Brocade SAN switches - so that when a port goes bad i get an email alert.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibidee
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

"rhgb quiet" controlling the display of commands in single user mode ?"rhgb quiet" controlling the d

Why does removing "rhgb quiet" from the kernel boot parameters control whether or not the commands I enter are displayed in single user mode ? For instance, if I do not remove "rhgb quiet", when I am in single user mode, whatever command I type will not be displayed on the screen. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
0 Replies
usb-devices(1)							Linux USB Utilities						    usb-devices(1)

NAME
usb-devices - print USB device details SYNOPSIS
usb-devices DESCRIPTION
usb-devices is a (bash) shell script that can be used to display details of USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them. The output of the script is similar to the usb/devices file available either under /proc/bus (if usbfs is mounted), or under /sys/ker- nel/debug (if debugfs is mounted there). The script is primairily intended to be used if the file is not available. In contrast to the usb/devices file, this script only lists active interfaces (those marked with a "*" in the usb/devices file) and their endpoints. Be advised that there can be differences in the way information is sorted, as well as in the format of the output. RETURN VALUE
If sysfs is not mounted, a non-zero exit code is returned. FILES
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb* The part of the sysfs tree the script walks through to assemble the printed information. /proc/bus/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernels before 2.6.31, if usbfs is mounted. /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernel 2.6.31 and later, if debugfs is mounted. SEE ALSO
lsusb(8), usbview(8). AUTHORS
Greg Kroah-Hartman <greg@kroah.com> Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net> Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> usbutils-001 23 June 2009 usb-devices(1)