Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How can I not fall in "not responding " while doing long loop? Post 302881304 by DGPickett on Friday 27th of December 2013 05:27:34 PM
Old 12-27-2013
Where did you try the sleep? One time test >= is better, in case you sleep past.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Locate NFS "not responding still trying" application on client

At times I have unknown applications that hang for long periods of time over and over again after a network glitch. These are sometimes nfs4 but usually nfs3 clients and are always solaris10 systems. nfs: NFS server hostname not responding still trying nfs: NFS server hostname ok nfs: NFS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HPAVC
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH: Interactive "cp" (and "mv") in a loop

Hi. I have a copy-file script (and a move-file script) that I recently tried to make interactive. I tested the former on three files from a text list, and watched to see what would happen. As the cp command was in a while/do/done loop, there was no pause for input: it wrote the file from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does processing "fall through" functions? Plus...

Hi, I'm new here, and hope that someone can help explain how a script that I'm working with works? The code looks like this: #!/bin/bash export PATH=$PATH:.:/usr/sbin:/sbin function validate_xxx() { echo "validating xxx parameters" if ; then . . (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ohaya
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
SLEEP(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  SLEEP(3)

NAME
sleep - sleep for the specified number of seconds SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> unsigned int sleep(unsigned int seconds); DESCRIPTION
sleep() makes the calling thread sleep until seconds seconds have elapsed or a signal arrives which is not ignored. RETURN VALUE
Zero if the requested time has elapsed, or the number of seconds left to sleep, if the call was interrupted by a signal handler. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. BUGS
sleep() may be implemented using SIGALRM; mixing calls to alarm(2) and sleep() is a bad idea. Using longjmp(3) from a signal handler or modifying the handling of SIGALRM while sleeping will cause undefined results. SEE ALSO
alarm(2), nanosleep(2), signal(2), signal(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2010-02-03 SLEEP(3)