Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Booting 2nd mirrored boot disk Post 302881258 by cjashu on Friday 27th of December 2013 12:13:28 PM
Old 12-27-2013
Hello Robin,
thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

The OS is Rhel 6.4
The Hardware is dell poweredge R610

Thank you kindly

Arrey

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Number of Disk Mirrored in HP-UX

In HP-UX 11.00 How can i check if there are disks mirrored (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgege
2 Replies

2. AIX

Mirrored disk.....

How do I know, which all disks are mirrored? any command? Bala (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating create mirrored disk files systems using mkfs command

What is the correct mkfs syntax to create mirrored disk files systems? I need to make the file system 20gb. For example: machine# mkfs -F ufs /dev/md/dsk/d40 size not specified ufs usage: mkfs special size(sectors) \ -m : dump fs cmd line used to make this partition -V : print this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 not booting with mirrored disk

Hi all, I have a V490 running with Solaris 10. The OS disk was mirrored. I wanted to break the mirror, boot with the secondary mirror, and re-mirror the OS with a new disk. This is what I did, detached the metadevices of the secondary mirror disk (disk 1) metaclear-ed the metadevices,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinp82
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Remove os mirrored disk Solaris 10

Hello once again seeking your help, I have a mirrored disk and need to unmirror it to mount it as a new file system (/export) but could not find the correct steps to do it with out affecting the original disk. can anybody point me out on how to get this done. Thanks!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AQG
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to create multiple-boot system with disks mirrored(RAID1+0) and disk alone

I have a HP proliant ML 570 G3 with two 146GB disk drives mirrored(RAID1+0) windows server 2003 was installed on that disk. I will add a disk.(scsi 300GB) I will install Linux on that additional disk. I want to create multiple-boot system. Is it possible? I wanna know how to create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
0 Replies

7. Solaris

vxvm root disk booting problem - solved with boot -a. How?

Hi All, We had a Sun Netra T1 go down the other day, the root disk was mirrored using vxvm. Upon boot from either disk, we had the following error appear: WARNING: Error writing ufs log state WARNING: ufs log for / changed state to Error WARNING: Please umount(1M) / and run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How to eject boot cdrom after booting from it?

Hey everyone, I currently have a sparcstation 5, and am trying to run some scripts on it without booting off the hard drive. Currently I am using a Solaris 8 install cd to boot into single user mode. However, the scripts I have are on a different CD. What I would like to do is to use the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: idlechatter
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Boot from Mirrored disk

So I have mirrored disk already set up from c1t0d0 to c1t1d0. Is there some special procedures that I need to do before I do and then try to boot from the mirrored disk? I am using a V490 if that helps... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew_1980
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Need help replacing a mirrored boot disk

I have a v480 with a mirrored boot disk c1t0 and c1t1. The drives themselves don't show a failure but the mirror's need maintenance. This is my plan for replacing the drive. I would love feedback to point out what I"m missing or where my steps are incorrect. Two things I believe I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcoffey
3 Replies
bootpquery(1M)															    bootpquery(1M)

NAME
bootpquery - send BOOTREQUEST to BOOTP server SYNOPSIS
haddr [htype] [options] DESCRIPTION
is a diagnostic function used to check the configuration of the Internet Bootstrap Protocol (BOOTP) server, bootpd(1M). This function can only be run by the superuser, since it uses reserved ports. constructs a boot request with the supplied parameters to send to the BOOTP server, and prints the contents of the BOOTP server reply (as shown in below). Note that formats and prints RFC-1048 or CMU-style vendor information included in the BOOTREPLY. The BOOTREQUEST packet is broadcast on the BOOTP server port, If a BOOTP server is configured to respond to the request, it returns a BOOTREPLY packet on the BOOTP client port, can only display BOOTREPLY packets when the BOOTP server broadcasts the reply on the client port or when the hardware address and IP address supplied in the BOOTREQUEST are those of the host on which is run. The following options provide the information for the BOOTREQUEST: Hardware address of the BOOTP client; used in the BOOTREQUEST. A BOOTP server responds if it has configuration information for a host with this link-level address. Type of address specified as haddr; may be or The default address type is Specify the internet address of the BOOTP client to be used in the BOOTREQUEST. If the BOOTP client does not know its IP address, the BOOTP server supplies it in the BOOTREPLY. Otherwise, the server returns the BOOTREPLY directly to ipaddr. Specify the name of the BOOTP server to receive BOOTREQUEST. When the BOOTP server is known, the BOOTREQUEST is not broadcast. Specify a vendor name to include vendor information in the BOOTREPLAY. vendor can be specified as or For any other vendor specification, the first four characters of the parameter are used as the vendor magic cookie. Specify that should broadcast the reply back. This option is only valid for on the HPUX 10.0 (or later) release(s). Specify a boot file needed by the BOOTP client. If a boot file is specified in the BOOTREQUEST, the BOOTP server responds only if the server host can make the file available. EXAMPLES
/usr/sbin/bootpquery 02608cee018e ether -s hpserver Received BOOTREPLY from hpserver.hp.com (15.9.18.119) Hardware Address: 02:60:8c:ee:01:8e Hardware Type: ethernet IP Address: 15.9.18.113 Boot file: /export/tftpdir/hp-gw2-confg RFC 1048 Vendor Information: Subnet Mask: 255.255.248.0 Bootfile Size: 6 512 byte blocks Domain Name Server: 15.9.18.119 Host Name: hp-gw2 AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
bootpd(1M), tftp(1), tftpd(1M). DARPA Internet Request For Comments RFC951, RFC1048, RFC1084, RFC1395, RFC1542 Assigned Numbers. bootpquery(1M)