Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need network info of servers
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need network info of servers Post 302880969 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 25th of December 2013 09:00:29 AM
Old 12-25-2013
Your question is not clear. Most servers have a single primary IP address. So, what does IPADDR2 refer to? A virtual (or zone)? An ISCSI SAN connection? We cannot guess and give decent answers.

Knowing the OS would help a lot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Specifying network configuration info

Can someone please point me in the correct direction of where I configure the network information on SunOS 5.8 server? (Searching SunSolve and Google have resulted in thousands of fixes for potential errors, but I can't find the general instructions, etc. for starting the process). Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
2 Replies

2. Linux

Get info on network interface

Hello everybody, How can link network interface to the output of lspci -vv. Basicly i need to know who is the manufacturer of a specific interface, for example eth0 {Is it an Intel, or Broadcome, or something else}. Is there a way to find that out? Thanx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aleksey
5 Replies

3. AIX

change network info

hi all, how do i change the routing info and make sure i will be able to connect remotely? any ideas please? thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

how to cp between servers on diff network

Hi, how can i sftp or scp between 2 servers, when only i am able to ping to them. they are on different network 10.130.170.31 -- server 1 10.130.230.141 -- server 2 i need to transfer data files from 1 to 2. need your suggestions or help on these. Regards saha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting to network, auto-entering info

Hey guys, I just started college a few days ago. To my dismay, my school has a very frustrating wireless network access system. Every time you want to use the network, you need to open up a browser and get re-directed to a login page. Every access, you need to reenter the same username and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chain Breaker
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tool scan my network and get all Unix servers

Hello, is there any tool where I can scan my netwrk and get all types of Unix servers? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fsmadi
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

kde network info app

In gnome there was an indicator applet that displayed your ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns. Is there a similar applet in kde? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Show all network info

Is there a command that display all network info. I'm looking for ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns. If there isn't a single command could someone please write me a shellscript that can do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Amount of Network Traffic info from netstat output

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how much traffic has been generated and received from netstat -s output (using Linux). I can see the output shows packet counts and Octet values, how would I correctly calculate how much traffic in and how much out? My output below: Ip: 88847576 total... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsonee
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to execute command to get info from multiple servers

Hi, I want to collect info from a no. of servers whether there grub.conf contain "elevator" parameter or not. What I want is sudo cat /etc/grub.conf | grep -q "elevator=noop"; echo $? If output is "0", I want name of that host in a file called "present" if its not "0", I want that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunn3r
4 Replies
SMBDIAGNOSE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SMBDIAGNOSE(8)

NAME
smbdiagnose -- gather information to aid in diagnosing SMB file sharing issues SYNOPSIS
smbdiagnose -h smbdiagnose [-f path] [-s] DESCRIPTION
The smbdiagnose tool gathers system information and network traffic in order to assist Apple when investigating issues related to SMB file sharing. A great deal of information is harvested, spanning system state, system configuration, and network traffic related to SMB file sharing. What smbdiagnose Collects: o A network packet trace of SMB file sharing traffic that occurs during the time the tool is run. This packet trace may include file names and file data. It may also include the authentication exchange used to log into the SMB server. o Enhanced debug logs for the SMB server process. o If the -s option is specified, the default set of information collected by sysdiagnose(1). What smbdiagnose Doesn't Collect: o No authentication credentials are harvested from the system OPTIONS
-h Print full usage. -f path Write the diagnostic to the specified path. The default is ``~/Desktop''. -s Collect sysdiagnose(1) information. The default is not to collect sysdiagnose(1) information. EXIT STATUS
smbdiagnose exits with status 0 if there were no internal errors encountered during the diagnostic, or >0 when an error unrelated to external state occurs or unusable input is provided by the user. macOS 15 July 2016 macOS