Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File and directory testing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File and directory testing Post 302880954 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 25th of December 2013 01:53:28 AM
Old 12-25-2013
We need a little bit more of a description of what you're trying to do (rather than just a thread title) to be able to suggest ways to to accomplish what you want to do...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

testing for file size in script

Has anyone got a few tips on how I can test if the file size is 0? I am moving files on a regular basis from one location to another with ftp. The files which are 0 bytes in size we want to discard. Thankyou in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ivo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Testing existence of a file /directory

hey guys How can i test existence of a file /directory in a directory in a script thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax prob. Passing a directory to $1 and testing it.

I'm running this simple little test: #!/bin/sh if ; then echo $1 else echo "Usage:`basename $0` dir" fi echo "The end of the script." The idea is, to test if you have passed a dir to the script. The problem is, it seems to exit the if statement when $1 is null: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: benjo
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing for empty file

Hello, I need to determine if a file I have is empty or not. How can I go about doing this in shell scripting? Some sample code would be appreciated? Thanks, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

testing if a file is a directory

i have written this simple script called isdir.sh #! /bin/bash dir=$1 _ls=`ls $dir` for file in $_ls do if then echo "D $file" fi donethe output is not right. for example $ ./isdir.sh src ***no output*** but i have in ~/src some directories drwxr-xr-x 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: and77
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

testing file permissions.....

script name: filetest.sh if ; then echo " You didn't enter any argument" elif ; then echo " file not exist" elif ; then echo " file not readable" elif ; then echo " file not writable" else echo " file both readable and writable" fi running like... $ ./filetest filename ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ani83_pune
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File system testing for Data corruption

Hi, could any one tell is there any test-suite or any idea How to do data corruption validation testing, means there is no any data corruption ? Regards Manish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manish_tcs_hp
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: testing directory on windows platform

Hi Gurus, kindly analyse the following for me, please OS: Windows 7 Code location: C:\ Output: "Program Files not being recognised" "System Volume Information is a directory" "Windows not being recognised" main { my @dirlist = <*>; foreach my $fn... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: biglau
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing for one word in a file

I am trying to test the output of a file. What I have so far is this: if ]; then echo "yes";fi The problem with this is it works but I only want it to print out if the file contains the word "Compacted." The == sign means identical or equal to so it won't work. I tried ~ but that doesn't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)