Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SUDO help with command alias
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SUDO help with command alias Post 302880940 by mbak on Tuesday 24th of December 2013 07:35:47 PM
Old 12-24-2013
This is for AIX/Linux and sudo does work on both OS if I use chmod,chown...etc individually as listed in my eg...for each of the Oracle user's commands but its tedious doing them individually if you have 20+ or 30+ Oracle user commands to run against.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to create a command alias

I want to create a command alias. I know what shell I'm using, I just don't know which file to inter the command alias. When I type "echo $SHELL" the output is as follows: bin/sh If I'm correct, this is the bourne shell. Does anyone know which file to edit in this particular shell? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

alias for rm command

Hi, i want to make alias for rm command. It should actually move the file to a directory in my home. Say if i type %rm abc.txt the command should expand to %mv abc.txt ~ashishp/trash How should I write the alias for this? -Ashish (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

alias and sudo

I'm using personal user to enter telnet session then manually connecting to a generic user using the following : sudo -H -u $1 ksh -c ". ~$1/.profile && cd ~$1 && ksh" ; where $1 is the generic user. It works but in the ".profile" execution , the alias are not working when the generic... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Alias a command

Hi 'm executing a java program from my shell script on solaris 9 as $JAVA_HOME\bin\java -ms32m -mx128m -classpath $CLASSPATH com.abc.fwk,abcServer.abcfwkServer $1 & where $1 is port number when i do ps -ef, it shows whole command , i want to give this some alias name as abcProcess, so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_garima
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with Alias, /bin/sh and sudo

'exec /bin/sh' breaks alias -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have an application that requires su to root in order to run some commands. Unfortunately, my corporate policy only allows sudo so I created an alias in .profile as "alias su="su... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stulincoln
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

alias command in script

How can I embed alias command inside the unix script? Script: echo "...." ... ... alias aa=/usr/bin/telnet ... ...The above script is not working. If I type aa hostname in the command prompt 'TELNET' terminal is not opening. Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias command within .profile

Please could someone advise me the command - to set up aliases commands within a .profile using shell sh regards venhart (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alias command help

Hello, I'm attempting to configure shell settings in my new Macbook. The standard unix command line 'alias' doesn't seem to be working: bash-3.2$ alias dir ls -la bash: alias: dir: not found bash: alias: ls: not found bash: alias: -la: not found bash-3.2$ alias dir 'ls -la' bash:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: palex
1 Replies
CURLOPT_QUOTE(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options						  CURLOPT_QUOTE(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_QUOTE - (S)FTP commands to run before transfer SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_QUOTE, struct curl_slist *cmds); DESCRIPTION
Pass a pointer to a linked list of FTP or SFTP commands to pass to the server prior to your request. This will be done before any other commands are issued (even before the CWD command for FTP). The linked list should be a fully valid list of 'struct curl_slist' structs properly filled in with text strings. Use curl_slist_append(3) to append strings (commands) to the list, and clear the entire list after- wards with curl_slist_free_all(3). Disable this operation again by setting a NULL to this option. When speaking to a FTP server, prefix the command with an asterisk (*) to make libcurl continue even if the command fails as by default libcurl will stop at first failure. The set of valid FTP commands depends on the server (see RFC959 for a list of mandatory commands). The valid SFTP commands are: chgrp group file The chgrp command sets the group ID of the file named by the file operand to the group ID specified by the group operand. The group operand is a decimal integer group ID. chmod mode file The chmod command modifies the file mode bits of the specified file. The mode operand is an octal integer mode number. chown user file The chown command sets the owner of the file named by the file operand to the user ID specified by the user operand. The user operand is a decimal integer user ID. ln source_file target_file The ln and symlink commands create a symbolic link at the target_file location pointing to the source_file location. mkdir directory_name The mkdir command creates the directory named by the directory_name operand. pwd The pwd command returns the absolute pathname of the current working directory. rename source target The rename command renames the file or directory named by the source operand to the destination path named by the target op- erand. rm file The rm command removes the file specified by the file operand. rmdir directory The rmdir command removes the directory entry specified by the directory operand, provided it is empty. statvfs file The statvfs command returns statistics on the file system in which specified file resides. (Added in 7.49.0) symlink source_file target_file See ln. DEFAULT
NULL PROTOCOLS
SFTP and FTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
SFTP support added in 7.16.3. *-prefix for SFTP added in 7.24.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_POSTQUOTE(3), CURLOPT_PREQUOTE(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 25, 2016 CURLOPT_QUOTE(3)