Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Maximum Memory RAM for windows 7 32 bit Post 302880903 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 24th of December 2013 11:12:09 AM
Old 12-24-2013
Probably due to integrated graphics.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Amount of RAM (Memory)

How do i check/get the total amount of RAM, on a machine running UNIX? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samudimu
4 Replies

2. Solaris

MAximum ammount of memory

Wich is the maxumum ammount of memory supported by Solaris in the most recent version? And somebody knows if there is a document on SUN that support this? In advance thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEIER
8 Replies

3. Linux

Built in ram limit for 64 bit

Hey all, I have been thinking about getting a new computer, and the motherboard I am looking at is capable of holding up to 8 Gb of ram. Now it appears as though for 32 bit linux, in order to use more than 4 Gb of ram, you had to enable a certain option in the kernel, but if I remember... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kermit
2 Replies

4. Solaris

RAM Physical Memory usage by each Process.

Hi All, I am trying to find the physical memory usage by each process/users. Can you please let me know how to get the memory usage?. Thanks, bsraj. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsrajirs
12 Replies

5. Solaris

RAM memory display

Hi How to display RAM memory info under Sol10 ? I need info like : - how many slots is available in MoBo - how RAM is plugged into those slots - total number of RAM memory size and size divided in each slot ths for help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Ram memory fails.

Hi All, Ram memory always fails,i did not find the reason...........any one can help i this.:wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Find defective ram memory

How do I find if I have defective ram in my computer. I don't have a cd-rom, so I can't use a bootable cd. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Query on RAM Memory

Hi Experts, I have a linux system , which triggers a alarm if RAM memory goes above 70%... When i see top command i cant find any process utilizing much of memory .. Can anyone tell me what could be the reason for high memory utilization.. Bellow is the free command o/p: free ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaliniyadav
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set maximum memory for user

Hi, I have as Solaris 10 (x86) system. I want to set the maximum memory for the user But the following comaand is valid only till next reboot.Pls let me know how to make it permanenent. prctl -n project.max-shm-memory -r -v 4G -i project 3 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
6 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
I810(4x)																  I810(4x)

NAME
i810 - Intel 8xx integrated graphics chipsets SYNOPSIS
Section "Device" Identifier "devname" Driver "i810" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
i810 is an XFree86 driver for Intel integrated graphics chipsets. The driver supports depths 8, 15, 16 and 24. All visual types are sup- ported in depth 8, other depths only support TrueColor. The driver supports hardware accelerated 3D via the Direct Rendering Infrastruc- ture (DRI), but only in depth 16 for the i810/i815 and depths 16 and 24 for later chipsets. SUPPORTED HARDWARE
i810 supports the i810, i810-DC100, i810e, i815, 830M, 845G, 852GM, 855GM, and 865G chipsets. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to XF86Config(5x) for general configuration details. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. The Intel 8xx family of integrated graphics chipsets has a unified memory architecture and uses system memory for video ram. By default 8 Megabytes of system memory are used for graphics. For the 830M and later, the default is 8 Megabytes when DRI is not enabled and 32 Megabytes with DRI is enabled. This amount may be changed with the VideoRam entry in the config file Device section. It may be set to any reasonable value up to 64MB for older chipsets or 128MB for newer chipets. Note that increasing this value will reduce the amount of sys- tem memory available for other applications. The following driver Options are supported Option "NoAccel" "boolean" Disable or enable acceleration. Default: acceleration is enabled. Option "SWCursor" "boolean" Disable or enable software cursor. Default: software cursor is disable and a hardware cursor is used. Option "ColorKey" "integer" This sets the default pixel value for the YUV video overlay key. Default: undefined. Option "CacheLines" "integer" This allows the user to change the amount of graphics memory used for 2D acceleration and video. Decreasing this amount leaves more for 3D textures. Increasing it can improve 2D performance at the expense of 3D performance. Default: 256 to 768 depending on the resolution and depth. SEE ALSO
XFree86(1), XF86Config(5x), xf86config(1), Xserver(1), X(7x) AUTHORS
Authors include: Keith Whitwell, and also Jonathan Bian, Matthew J Sottek, Jeff Hartmann, Mark Vojkovich, Alan Hourihane, H. J. Lu. 830M and 845G support reworked for XFree86 4.3 by David Dawes and Keith Whitwell. 852GM, 855GM, and 865G support added by David Dawes and Keith Whitwell. XFree86 Version Version 4.3.0 I810(4x)