Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Scheduling automatic Internet explorer login Post 302880762 by Jcpratap on Monday 23rd of December 2013 06:54:36 AM
Old 12-23-2013
Scheduling automatic Internet explorer login

Hi ,
I am using windows XP and IE8
I have my credentials stored for a website in internet explorer.
I want to implement below scenario.
Code:

I have entered both username/password for a website and left IE explorer open and locked my computer
I want the computer to login in that website automatically at a particular time say 7 pm.

is there any way to schedule this
thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

May I try Internet Explorer on my SCO?

I Have SCO OpenServer 5 with Netscape Navigator, but I'll like to try Internet Explorer to see how it workd on Unix. I don't know where I can find (If there is) a version compatible with SCO OpenServer! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SuPeRbYtE
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

internet explorer for hp-ux

Hello, i'm running a hp-ux workstation model 715 / 100 with hp-ux version 11.11 i need a microsoft internet explorer for this workstation to make some tests. does anyone know where i can cat a internet explorer 4.01 for my workstation? Thank all for help! ;-) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Internet Explorer Solaris

Downloaded and installed, when I try to execute iexplorer it responds with "iexplorer: not found", but it is right there in the directory I am in and I im logged in as root. any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cluettr
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Internet Explorer flashes off

Hi, What must have happen to my internet explorer that flashes whenever it want to load. The page after trying to load would just logout. I have tried to reset most of the setting on the properties but all to no avail. Can someone pls assist. Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayode
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Internet Explorer for UNIX (Mainsoft specific)

Hi, I need some help with the Windows derived version of the IE port for UNIX on Solaris. The file is "ie5setup.sunos5" Here is the message Code: Unsupported Operating System Application needs to run on Solaris 2.5 or higher. Please visit www.microsoft.com/ie/unix for more... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: huffandy
17 Replies

6. Solaris

Internet Explorer for Solaris and HPUX

Any idea where can I download IE for UNIX platform? Microsoft does not support the downloading anymore? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer
5 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Internet Explorer EOL

Hard to imagine that in the two decades of its existence this product once ruled supreme, but the news is finally there: RIP Internet Explorer: Twitter mourns and mocks death of Microsoft (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies
d_passwd(4)							   File Formats 						       d_passwd(4)

NAME
d_passwd - dial-up password file SYNOPSIS
/etc/d_passwd DESCRIPTION
A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct pass- word must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. d_passwd is an ASCII file which contains a list of executable programs (typically shells) that require a dial-up password and the associ- ated encrypted passwords. When a user attempts to log in on any of the ports listed in the dialups file (see dialups(4)), the login program looks at the user's login entry stored in the passwd file (see passwd(4)), and compares the login shell field to the entries in d_passwd. These entries determine whether the user will be required to supply a dial-up password. Each entry in d_passwd is a single line of the form: login-shell:password: where login-shell The name of the login program that will require an additional dial-up password. password An encrypted password. Users accessing the computer through a dial-up port or modem using login-shell will be required to enter this password before gaining access to the computer. d_passwd should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. If the user's login program in the passwd file is not found in d_passwd or if the login shell field in passwd is empty, the user must sup- ply the default password. The default password is the entry for /usr/bin/sh. If d_passwd has no entry for /usr/bin/sh, then those users whose login shell field in passwd is empty or does not match any entry in d_passwd will not be prompted for a dial-up password. Dial-up logins are disabled if d_passwd has only the following entry: /usr/bin/sh:*: EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample d_passwd file. Here is a sample d_passwd file: /usr/lib/uucp/uucico:q.mJzTnu8icF0: /usr/bin/csh:6k/7KCFRPNVXg: /usr/bin/ksh:9df/FDf.4jkRt: /usr/bin/sh:41FuGVzGcDJlw: Generating An Encrypted Password The passwd (see passwd(1)) utility can be used to generate the encrypted password for each login program. passwd generates encrypted pass- words for users and places the password in the shadow (see shadow(4)) file. Passwords for the d_passwd file will need to be generated by first adding a temporary user id using useradd (see useradd(1M)), and then using passwd(1) to generate the desired password in the shadow file. Once the encrypted version of the password has been created, it can be copied to the d_passwd file. For example: 1. Type useradd tempuser and press Return. This creates a user named tempuser. 2. Type passwd tempuser and press Return. This creates an encrypted password for tempuser and places it in the shadow file. 3. Find the entry for tempuser in the shadow file and copy the encrypted password to the desired entry in the d_passwd file. 4. Type userdel tempuser and press Return to delete tempuser. These steps must be executed as the root user. FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords /etc/passwd password file /etc/shadow shadow password file SEE ALSO
passwd(1), useradd(1M), dialups(4), passwd(4), shadow(4) WARNINGS
When creating a new dial-up password, be sure to remain logged in on at least one terminal while testing the new password. This ensures that there is an available terminal from which you can correct any mistakes that were made when the new password was added. SunOS 5.10 2 Sep 2004 d_passwd(4)