Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unregistered version RHEL...
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Unregistered version RHEL... Post 302880585 by DustinT on Friday 20th of December 2013 06:59:17 PM
Old 12-20-2013
Ya, agreed.... Why run RHEL without registration and updates? At that point, you're better off with CentOS.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

using unregistered domain names

hey what the hell happens if you make sure (as best one can) that a domain name like anything.com is not used at all, and you set up your own DNS and use that name without registering with a registrar, i know if the address is in use you will make some people very upset and give many internet users... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Special note to unregistered users

This forum is intended only as a means to contact us if you are having trouble with your account. This forum is the only area on the site where even unregistered users can post. But because some spammers were using this to post spam, we have changed things a little bit. When an unregistered user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Installing the correct version of RHEL 5 Advanced Platform.

Dear Linux Gurus and RedHat Experts, I am about to install RHEL 5 Advanced Platform x86-64 on a high end machine with 4 sockets of CPU. However, I only have the subscription number from RedHat and can log on into rhn.redhat.com. However there are only one version ISO image per CPU... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zepiroth
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to check the running snmp version in Rhel?

Hi, Please help me to understand how to check which snmp vesion(1, 2, 3) is configured on my rhel5 server. Regards, Aravind :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Which is the most stable version in RHEL 5 series.?

hi, Which is the most stable version in RHEL 5 series ? since i'm learning EL 6, it has some bug such as created partitions will be enabled after a reboot. so i like to start my learning from EL 5 series for practice. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHEL 7 and GNOME version

Does anyone know if final RHEL 7 is going to have GNOME 2 or 3? Anyone try the beta yet? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Synbios
1 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Rpm for BIND 9 version 9.9.7-P2 (fix CVE-2015-5477) rhel

Hello, I have a RedHat machine (version 5.11) and i need to install BIND version version 9.9.7-P2 in order to fix a known BIND vulnerability CVE-2015-5477. I downloaded the tar file from isc website but i am having trouble to install the file. Does anybody knows a link for the rpm package of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies
reposync(1)															       reposync(1)

NAME
reposync - synchronize yum repositories to a local directory SYNOPSIS
reposync [options] DESCRIPTION
reposync is used to synchronize a remote yum repository to a local directory, using yum to retrieve the packages. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display a help message, and then quit. -c CONFIG, --config=CONFIG Config file to use (defaults to /etc/yum.conf). -a ARCH, --arch=ARCH Act as if running the specified arch (default: current arch, note: does not override $releasever. x86_64 is a superset for i*86.). --source Also download .src.rpm files. -r REPOID, --repoid=REPOID Specify repo ids to query, can be specified multiple times (default is all enabled). -t, --tempcache Use a temp dir for storing/accessing yum-cache. -p DESTDIR, --download_path=DESTDIR Path to download packages to: defaults to current directory. -g, --gpgcheck Remove packages that fail GPG signature checking after downloading. exit status is '1' if at least one package was removed. -u, --urls Just list urls of what would be downloaded, don't download. -l, --plugins Enable yum plugin support. -n, --newest-only Download only newest packages per-repo. -q, --quiet Output as little information as possible. EXAMPLES
Sync all packages from the 'updates' repo to the current directory: reposync --repoid=updates Sync only the newest packages from the 'updates' repo to the current directory: reposync -n --repoid=updates Sync packages from the 'updates' and 'extras' repos to the current directory: reposync --repoid=updates --repoid=extras Sync all packages from the 'updates' repo to the repos directory: reposync -p repos --repoid=updates Sync all packages from the 'updates' repo to the repos directory excluding x86_64 arch. Edit /etc/yum.conf adding option exclude=*.x86_64. Then: reposync -p repos --repoid=updates FILES
reposync uses the yum libraries for retrieving information and packages. If no configuration file is specified, the default yum configura- tion will be used. /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. 27 April 2007 reposync(1)