Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iptables (making a program)
Special Forums IP Networking iptables (making a program) Post 302880577 by xulioz on Friday 20th of December 2013 03:29:36 PM
Old 12-20-2013
iptables (making a program)

Hey, I just got haxxord again on my Windows install, and im tired of it o_o

Im gonna make a firewall blocking all IPs, allowing none. Then you access a web site/game/MSN/whatever, and it will ask "Do you want to allow this IP with this port?"

I know the basics of the programming, but MY question is: do you know, what ports are used by 4G USB Modem (with router page), for starters..? I need to know which IP address and port to allow, for internet access.

Router page for 4G Modem: 192.168.0.1
LAN IP: 192.168.0.100+

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making Interactive program

Hi Friends I am trying to make an interactive shell script ( I do not have expect tool ) My objective is 1.I have a progam named say "inter" The program when ran on command prompt will be as below Prompt>inter Please enter the choice 1.enter 1 2.enter 2 < I need to enter 1 or 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivasenthil_k
4 Replies

2. Programming

A program to trace execution of another program

Hi, I wanted to know if i can write a program using switches and signals, etc to trace execution of other unix program which calls c program internally. If yes how? If not with signals and switches then are there any other methods apart from debugging with gdb/dbx. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiten_hegde
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

4. Programming

Python program faster than C++ program.

I wrote a simple program that generates a random word 10,000,000 times. I wrote it in python, then in C++ and compared the two completion times. The python script was faster! Is that normal? Why would the python script be faster? I was under the impression that C++ was faster. What are some of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbreiny
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a program compiled on Unix (HPUX) work on Linux

I am trying to make an application which works on unix to work on linux. I already tried copying the binary files and start it up but I am getting an error stating "Cannot execute binary file". Then I tried to recompile but i am getting an error whenever I tried to recompile. I am getting the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khestoi
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

iptables: banned IP making it through!

Hey folks! Debian VPS running on proxmox host. Linux ve2 2.6.18-3-pve #1 SMP Mon Sep 20 14:57:48 CEST 2010 i686 I have a most perplexing problem. I have 17 Drop rules in place in this VPS - and one of the banned ranges is making it through. (It happens to be a Googlebot). Here is the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: putter1900
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a bash script and small C program for a homework assignment

Here's the assignment. I'll bold the parts that are rough for me. Unfortunately, that's quite a bit lol. The syntax is, of course, where my issues lie, for the most part. I don't have a lot of programming experience at all :/. I'd post what I've already done, but I'm so lost I really don't know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: twk101
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program get a response before the program quits

I created a program, so a kid can practice there math on it. It dispenses varies math problems and the kid must input an answer. I also want it to grade the work they have done, but I can't find the best place for it to print out the grade. I have: if ( $response =~ m/^/ ) { $user_wants_to_quit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germany1517
1 Replies
ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)												 ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)

NAME
arno-iptables-firewall - Single- & multi-homed firewall script with DSL/ADSL support. SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/arno-iptables-firewall [start|stop|status|force-reload|restart] DESCRIPTION
arno-iptables-firewall is an iptables configuration script with support for both IPv4 & IPv6. While it is extremely easy to use one can nevertheless use it in quite complicated environments. All available options are explained in the extensively documented configuration file. The external interface of the system needs to be set up properly in the firewalls configuration file (EXT_IF). The default behavior of the firewall is to deny all incoming connections. For additional requirements not covered by the configuration file custom iptables rules can be placed in /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/cus- tom-rules. This file is automatically parsed by the service script. See the README file (eg. in /usr/(local/)share/doc/arno-iptables-firewall) for an example how to manage logging of firewall events through syslogd. The arno-fwfilter script can be used to make the firewall logs more readable for humans (see manpage). Several plugins for the firewall script are available online. Plugins can be downloaded from http://rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl/ Please see the README file for more information. FILES
/etc/init.d/arno-iptables-firewall system service script /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/firewall.conf firewall configuration /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/conf.d/ firewall configuration directory /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/custom-rules custom iptables rules /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/blocked-hosts host blacklist /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/mac-addresses mac filter list Please note, that the last two files do exist in the initial configuration and their use is disabled in /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/fire- wall.conf SEE ALSO
iptables(8), arno-fwfilter(1), syslog.conf(5) The http://rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl/ web site. AUTHOR
arno-iptables-firewall was written by Arno van Amersfoort <arnova@rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl>. This manual page was written by Michael Hanke <michael.hanke@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Michael Hanke March 14, 2012 ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)