Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Blocks into table
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Blocks into table Post 302880469 by RudiC on Thursday 19th of December 2013 05:25:26 PM
Old 12-19-2013
Appreciating Don Cragun's comments, esp. on colums spilling into next lines, this will do what you asked for (except for fields spilling), and you can define any field and their sequence by modifying the Head parameter:
Code:
awk     'function prline ()     {for (i=1; i<=n; i++) printf "%s\t", Z[S[i]":"]; printf "\n"}

NR==1          {gsub (FS, OFS, Head)
                         print Head
                         i=n=split (Head,S)
                         while (i>0) SRCH[S[i]":"]=i--
                         next}

$1 in SRCH     {Z[$1]=$0; sub (/^[^:]*: /,"", Z[$1])}

/^\[Term\]/    {prline ()}
         END            {prline ()}
        ' OFS="\t" Head="name id is_a" file
name    id    is_a
alpha-glucoside transport    GO:0000017    GO:0042946 ! glucoside transport    
regulation of DNA recombination    GO:0000018    GO:0051052 ! regulation of DNA metabolic process

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

select values from db1 table and insert into table of DB2

Hi I am having three oracle databases running in three different machine. their ip address is different. from one of the DB am able to access both the databases.(means am able to select values and insert values in to tables individually.) I need to fetch some data from DB1 table(say DB1 ip is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
2 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

create table via stored procedure (passing the table name to it)

hi there, I am trying to create a stored procedure that i can pass the table name to and it will create a table with that name. but for some reason it creates with what i have defined as the variable name . In the case of the example below it creates a table called 'tname' for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert 512-blocks to 4k blocks

I'm Unix. I'm looking at "df" on Unix now and below is an example. It's lists the filesystems out in 512-blocks, I need this in 4k blocks. Is there a way to do this in Unix or do I manually convert and how? So for container 1 there is 7,340,032 in size in 512-blocks. What would the 4k block be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockycj
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to split this file into blocks and then send these blocks as input to the tool called Yices?

Hello, I have a file like this: FILE.TXT: (define argc :: int) (assert ( > argc 1)) (assert ( = argc 1)) <check> # (define c :: float) (assert ( > c 0)) (assert ( = c 0)) <check> # now, i want to separate each block('#' is the delimeter), make them separate files, and then send them as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a condensed table from a pre-existing table in putty

Hello, I'm working with putty on Windows 7 professional and I'd like to know if there's a way to gather specific lines from a pre-existing table and make a new table with that information. More specifically, I'd like the program to look at a specific column, say column N, and see if any of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deedee393
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build a table from a list by comparing existing table entries

I am new to this shell scripting.... I have a file which contains list of users. This files get updated when new user comes into the system. I want to create script which will give a table containing unique list of users. When I say unique, it means script should match table while parsing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchavan1901
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Row blocks to column blocks

Hello, Searched for a while and found some "line-to-column" script. My case is similar but with multiple fields each row: S02 Length Per S02 7043 3.864 S02 54477 29.89 S02 104841 57.52 S03 Length Per S03 1150 0.835 S03 1321 0.96 S03 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
9 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help in copying table structure to another table with constraints in Oracle

hi, i need to copy one table with data into another table, right now am using create table table1 as select * from table2 i want the constraints of table1 to be copied to table2 also , can anyone give me some solution to copy the constraints also, now am using oracle 10.2.0.3.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to convert table-by-row to matrix table

Hello, I need some help to reformat this table-by-row to matrix? infile: site1 A:o,p,q,r,s,t site1 C:y,u site1 T:v,w site1 -:x,z site2 A:p,r,t,v,w,z site2 C:u,y site2 G:q,s site2 -:o,x site3 A:o,q,s,t,u,z site3 C:y site3 T:v,w,x site3 -:p,routfile: SITE o p q r s t v u w x y... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

10. Web Development

Getting Rid of Annoying Bootstrap Table Borders and Wayward Table Lines

Bootstrap is great; but we have had some issues with Bootstrapped <tables> (and legacy <fieldset> elements) showing annoying, wayward lines. I solved that problem today with this simple jQuery in the footer: <script> $(function(){ $('tr, td, fieldset,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader(3pm)

NAME
Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader - fake Mail::Header INHERITANCE
Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader is a Mail::Message::Head::Complete is a Mail::Message::Head is a Mail::Reporter SYNOPSIS
!!! ALPHA CODE !!! # change use Mail::Internet; use Mail::Header; # into use Mail::Message::Replace::MailInternet; # in existing code, and the code should still work, but # with the Mail::Message features. DESCRIPTION
This module is a wrapper around a Mail::Message::Head::Complete, which simulates a Mail::Header object. The name-space of that module is hijacked and many methods are added. Most methods will work without any change, but you should test your software again. Small changes have been made to fold_length(), header_hashref(). OVERLOADED
overload: ""() See "OVERLOADED" in Mail::Message::Head overload: bool() See "OVERLOADED" in Mail::Message::Head METHODS
Constructors $obj->build([PAIR|FIELD]-LIST) See "Constructors" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->clone([NAMES|ARRAY-OF-NAMES|REGEXS]) See "Constructors" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader->new([ARG], OPTIONS) The ARG is an array with header lines. -Option --Defined in --Default FoldLength 79 MailFrom 'KEEP' Modify <false> field_type Mail::Message::Head Mail::Message::Field::Fast log Mail::Reporter 'WARNINGS' message Mail::Message::Head undef modified Mail::Message::Head <false> trace Mail::Reporter 'WARNINGS' FoldLength => INTEGER MailFrom => 'IGNORE'|'ERROR'|'COERCE'|'KEEP' How to handle the "From " lines. See mail_from(). Modify => BOOLEAN Reformat all header lines when they come in: change the folding. field_type => CLASS log => LEVEL message => MESSAGE modified => BOOLEAN trace => LEVEL The header $obj->isDelayed() See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->isEmpty() See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->isModified() See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->knownNames() See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->message([MESSAGE]) See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->modified([BOOLEAN]) See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->nrLines() See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->orderedFields() See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->size() See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->wrap(INTEGER) See "The header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete Access to the header $obj->add(LINE, [INDEX]) Add a header line, which simply calls "Mail::Message::Head::add()" on the header for the specified LINE. The INDEX is ignored, the unfolded body of the field is returned. $obj->addListGroup(OBJECT) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->addResentGroup(RESENT-GROUP|DATA) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->addSpamGroup(OBJECT) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->count(NAME) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->delete(TAG, [INDEX]) Delete the fields with the specified TAG. The deleted fields are returned. If no index is given, then all are removed. $obj->get(NAME, [INDEX]) Get all the header fields with the specified NAME. In scalar context, only the first fitting NAME is returned. Even when only one NAME is specified, multiple lines may be returned in list context: some fields appear more than once in a header. $obj->grepNames([NAMES|ARRAY-OF-NAMES|REGEXS]) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->listGroup() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->names() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->print([FILEHANDLE]) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->printSelected(FILEHANDLE, (STRING|REGEXP)s) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->printUndisclosed([FILEHANDLE]) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->removeContentInfo() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->removeField(FIELD) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->removeFields(STRING|REGEXP, [STRING|REGEXP, ...]) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->removeFieldsExcept(STRING|REGEXP, [STRING|REGEXP, ...]) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->removeListGroup() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->removeResentGroups() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->removeSpamGroups() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->replace(TAG, LINE, [INDEX]) Replace the field named TAG. from place INDEX (by default the first) by the LINE. When TAG is "undef", it will be extracted from the LINE first. This calls Mail::Message::Head::Complete::reset() on the message's head. $obj->resentGroups() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->reset(NAME, FIELDS) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->set(FIELD | LINE | (NAME, BODY [,ATTRS])) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->spamDetected() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->spamGroups([NAMES]) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->string() See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->study(NAME [,INDEX]) See "Access to the header" in Mail::Message::Head About the body $obj->guessBodySize() See "About the body" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->guessTimeStamp() See "About the body" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->isMultipart() See "About the body" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->recvstamp() See "About the body" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->timestamp() See "About the body" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete Internals $obj->addNoRealize(FIELD) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->addOrderedFields(FIELDS) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->createFromLine() See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->createMessageId() See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->fileLocation() See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->load() See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->messageIdPrefix([PREFIX, [HOSTNAME]|CODE]) Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader->messageIdPrefix([PREFIX, [HOSTNAME]|CODE]) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head::Complete $obj->moveLocation(DISTANCE) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head $obj->setNoRealize(FIELD) See "Internals" in Mail::Message::Head Error handling $obj->AUTOLOAD() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->addReport(OBJECT) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader->defaultTrace([LEVEL]|[LOGLEVEL, TRACELEVEL]|[LEVEL, CALLBACK]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->errors() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader->log([LEVEL [,STRINGS]]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logPriority(LEVEL) Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader->logPriority(LEVEL) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->logSettings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->notImplemented() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->report([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->reportAll([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->trace([LEVEL]) See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter $obj->warnings() See "Error handling" in Mail::Reporter Cleanup $obj->DESTROY() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter $obj->inGlobalDestruction() See "Cleanup" in Mail::Reporter Access to the header Simulating Mail::Header $obj->as_string() Returns the whole header as one big scalar. Calls Mail::Message::Head::Complete::string(). $obj->cleanup() Cleanup memory usage. Not needed here. $obj->combine(TAG, [WITH]) I do not see any valid reason for this command, so did not implement it. $obj->dup() Duplicate the header, which is simply clone(). $obj->empty() Clean-out the whole hash. Better not use this (simply create another header object), although it should work. $obj->exists() Returns whether there are any fields. $obj->extract(ARRAY) Extract (and remove) header fields from the array. $obj->fold([LENGTH]) Refold all fields in the header, to LENGTH or whatever fold_length() returns. $obj->fold_length([[TAG], LENGTH]) Returns the line wrap, optionally after setting it to LENGTH. The old value is returned. The TAG argument is ignored, because it is silly to have different lines fold in different ways. This method cannot be called statically anymore. $obj->header([ARRAY]) Extract the fields from the ARRAY, if specified, and then fold the fields. Returned is an array with all fields, produced via orderedFields(). $obj->header_hashref(HASH) If you are using this method, you must be stupid... anyway: I do not want to support it for now: use add() and friends. $obj->mail_from(['IGNORE'|'ERROR'|'COERCE'|'KEEP']) What to do when a header line in the form `From ' is encountered. Valid values are "IGNORE" - ignore and discard the header, "ERROR" - invoke an error (call die), "COERCE" - rename them as Mail-From and "KEEP" - keep them. $obj->modify([BOOLEAN]) Refold the headers when they are added. $obj->read(FILE) Read the header from the FILE. $obj->tags() Returns all the names of fields, implemented by Mail::Message::Head::Complete::names(). $obj->unfold([TAG]) Remove the folding for all instances of TAG, or all fields at once. The nasty bits $obj->isa(CLASS) Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader->isa(CLASS) Of course, the "isa()" class inheritance check should not see our nasty trick. DIAGNOSTICS
Warning: Cannot remove field $name from header: not found. You ask to remove a field which is not known in the header. Using delete(), reset(), or set() to do the job will not result in warnings: those methods check the existence of the field first. Warning: Field objects have an implied name ($name) Error: Package $package does not implement $method. Fatal error: the specific package (or one of its superclasses) does not implement this method where it should. This message means that some other related classes do implement this method however the class at hand does not. Probably you should investigate this and probably inform the author of the package. SEE ALSO
This module is part of Mail-Box distribution version 2.105, built on May 07, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/mailbox/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2001-2012 by [Mark Overmeer]. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-05-07 Mail::Message::Replace::MailHeader(3pm)