Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Snoop - saving the file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Snoop - saving the file Post 302880456 by Yoda on Thursday 19th of December 2013 03:50:01 PM
Old 12-19-2013
If password-less login is setup using ssh-keys, then you could try (untested):
Code:
snoop -d <interface name> | ssh hostname 'cat >> /home/user1/output.pcap'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving a redirected file

What command do I use in order to save a file in directory A/B/C to directory A/D/E. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JSP
1 Replies

2. Programming

Saving a vector to a file

Another C++ question, please do notify me if this forum is C-only! :) I'm having a vector... vector<Person> x; ... with a class I've defined (Person). I have several elements in this vector and I would like to save it to a file (binary (?)). And later on open up this file to retrieve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: J.P
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving stuff to a text file

If I do a "history" and get a list of commands that I've done before, can I save them to a text file? If not, then would there be any other ways around this? Also, what's a snapshot? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrManhattan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retain file permissions when saving .sh file from internet [OS X]

Hello. I have written a bash script that I am sharing with an OS X community I am a member of. The purpose of the script is to execute a series of commands for members without them having to get involved with Terminal, as it can be daunting for those with no experience of it at all. I have renamed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baza210
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Export snoop file from an ftp server to a windows pc

Hi, I have a snoop file that I captured on a solaris machine. I ftp'd it to ftp server. How can I export this snoop file from the solaris machine or the ftp server to a windows PC so I can load it to wireshark and analyze it? Thanks, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving output from bash into a file

I am ssh to many servers to get some information... however sometimes the server is unreacheable and i am getting an error. I want to save that output to a file but I am not able to do so... I want to be able to save output of bash into a file.. so when I run this command on a script ssh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eponcedeleonc
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with saving file in desired format

Hi I have the following file in the unix named emp. ID,NAME,SAL,DEPT 101,aaa,2000,10 102,bbb,3000,20 103,ccc,4000,30 104,ddd,5000,40 105,aaa,2000,50 106,bbb,3000,60 107,ccc,4000,70 108,ddd,5000,10 109,aaa,2000,80 I need to save first 3 columns(ID, NAME, SAL) in another file with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok3141
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing a file and saving it

HI I have a file samp1.xml which has the following content <ErrorMessage><ExceptionNumber>5117</ExceptionNumber><OriginalMessage><!<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <EMAILS xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNameSpaceSchemaLocation=".\SMTPSchema.xsd"> <EMAIL... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: harimhkr
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Modifying the contents of a file and saving it

I have a file with the following content: -------------------- SQL> @DBmonitor_WMHA_SQL_script.sql; Tablespace Size (GB) Free (GB) % Free % Used ------------------------------ ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- WMHAIT_IS ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avik Datta
8 Replies

10. Programming

[Solved] Removing duplicates from the file and saving as new file

Dear All I have 200 data files and each files has many duplicates. I am looking for the automated awk script such that it checks and removes the duplicates from the each file and saving them as new files for all 200 files in the respective folder. For example my data looks like this.. ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bala06
12 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine and append the indicated identity file to that machine's ~/.ssh/autho- rized_keys file. If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary.) NOTES
This program does not modify the permissions of any pre-existing files or directories. Therefore, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration, then the user's home, ~/.ssh folder, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file may need to have group writability disabled manu- ally, e.g. via chmod go-w ~ ~/.ssh ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)