Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reading etc/passwd file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reading etc/passwd file Post 302880416 by McMeatface on Thursday 19th of December 2013 12:12:14 PM
Old 12-19-2013
Just saw that, thanks for pointing it out and thanks for the help, greatly appreciated!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

/etc/passwd file

hi Does anyone anyone know what the last line of a unix user passwd file signifes? Mine shows "+:::::" best (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_mad010
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in /etc/passwd file

Hi all, As all of us know that in /etc/passwd file the first field correspond to username could any one tell me what is bin , damoen etc in the first field, and r they in user field , what is nologin in the last column ? root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

apache passwd file

i am using apache2.0, and i used this command to create username/passwd: ./htpasswd -b passwd.file username password is it away to translate password back to plaintext ? for example, passwd.file contains: username:HnennjvqsGaQs i want to translate back to: username:password (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Reg. /etc/passwd file

Hi friends, i need a favour from u all i made a small change in home pc it is INTEL i had change /etc/passwd i just change the shell for the root instead of sh i kept bash and i had taken back up of the file /etc/passwd. now the problem is i am not able to log in as a root i got a error NO Shell... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading passwd and need to use it multple times when script asks

Hi Gurus, I have one requirment.. I have written a script and it asks a registry passwd while performing some clearcase command. Now we are giving it manually. It's for one time run. We want to perform this for multiple times on multiple files throguh for loop.. means we need to pass the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
3 Replies

6. Solaris

passwd cmd reenables passwd aging in shadow entry

Hi Folks, I have Solaris 10, latest release. We have passwd aging set in /etc/defalut/passwd. I have an account that passwd should never expire. Acheived by emptying associated users shadow file entries for passwd aging. When I reset the users passwd using passwd command, it re enables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

7. AIX

Default /etc/passwd file

Hello All, Can anyone post the default /etc/passwd file for AIX? I would like to compare with an existing machine of mine and want to identify what are the default users that are created when the O/S is installed. In other words I would like to see the system users in AIX. Not the ones created... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with passwd file

Not an unix expert, I read a few pages on the web about passwd files, but I didn't find the answers I need about the last 8 lines of the passwd file I'm taking a look at. I'm assuming their shortcuts to another file that may have the actual usernames of users on the system. Please, any help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fusion31
1 Replies

9. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Lost /etc/passwd file

Hello, I'm trying to recover my /etc/passwd file, but I can't make it work. Im doing the following: 1. Booting from cd-rom: 2. Mounting hard disk drive 3. Copying my passwd and shadow files to /a/etc/ 4. Unmounting Hard disk: 5. Rebooting 6. Stopping my OS from booting ( by pressing... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvaradogunner
11 Replies
glutSetCursor(3GLUT)						       GLUT						      glutSetCursor(3GLUT)

NAME
glutSetCursor - changes the cursor image of the current window. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutSetCursor(int cursor); ARGUMENTS
cursor Name of cursor image to change to. Possible values follow: GLUT_CURSOR_RIGHT_ARROW Arrow pointing up and to the right. GLUT_CURSOR_LEFT_ARROW Arrow pointing up and to the left. GLUT_CURSOR_INFO Pointing hand. GLUT_CURSOR_DESTROY Skull & cross bones. GLUT_CURSOR_HELP Question mark. GLUT_CURSOR_CYCLE Arrows rotating in a circle. GLUT_CURSOR_SPRAY Spray can. GLUT_CURSOR_WAIT Wrist watch. GLUT_CURSOR_TEXT Insertion point cursor for text. GLUT_CURSOR_CROSSHAIR Simple cross-hair. GLUT_CURSOR_UP_DOWN Bi-directional pointing up & down. GLUT_CURSOR_LEFT_RIGHT Bi-directional pointing left & right. GLUT_CURSOR_TOP_SIDE Arrow pointing to top side. GLUT_CURSOR_BOTTOM_SIDE Arrow pointing to bottom side. GLUT_CURSOR_LEFT_SIDE Arrow pointing to left side. GLUT_CURSOR_RIGHT_SIDE Arrow pointing to right side. GLUT_CURSOR_TOP_LEFT_CORNER Arrow pointing to top-left corner. GLUT_CURSOR_TOP_RIGHT_CORNER Arrow pointing to top-right corner. GLUT_CURSOR_BOTTOM_RIGHT_CORNER Arrow pointing to bottom-left corner. GLUT_CURSOR_BOTTOM_LEFT_CORNER Arrow pointing to bottom-right corner. GLUT_CURSOR_FULL_CROSSHAIR Full-screen cross-hair cursor (if possible, otherwise GLUT_CURSOR_CROSSHAIR). GLUT_CURSOR_NONE Invisible cursor. GLUT_CURSOR_INHERIT Use parent's cursor. DESCRIPTION
glutSetCursor changes the cursor image of the current window. Each call requests the window system change the cursor appropriately. The cursor image when a window is created is GLUT_CURSOR_INHERIT. The exact cursor images used are implementation dependent. The intent is for the image to convey the meaning of the cursor name. For a top-level window, GLUT_CURSOR_INHERIT uses the default window system cursor. X IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
GLUT for X uses SGI's _SGI_CROSSHAIR_CURSOR convention to access a full-screen cross-hair cursor if possible. SEE ALSO
glutCreateWindow, glutCreateSubWindow AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutSetCursor(3GLUT)