Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Invoke scripts in different UNIX env Post 302880376 by Chiranjeeva on Thursday 19th of December 2013 07:09:08 AM
Old 12-19-2013
I am new to unix shell programming. My requirement is

e.g. script1 is on server 1
script2 is on server 2

we use the same userid & password to login into server 1 & 2 as both are being accessed using LDAP. can I write a script which can invoke script2 on server 2 from server 1 using sudo su - myrole. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding command line env in cron env

Hello friends, i run two scripts manually & they work. i run them in cron & they don work. how to match the two env's 1.command line env 2.cron env i would like cron to use command line env. Thanks & Regards Abhijeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke script depending on previous scripts

Hi, I am in desperate needs for advice! I have a script which would invoke various java programs depending on the input parameter and a script which would perform calculation on the data inputted by the first script. The schedule of the job is like this 1) 10:00 am to 11:00 am: call java... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

invoke windows datastage dsjob from unix

hello, i have a windows server with datastage. In another machine, unix machine, i have a shell script that need to invoke the datastage dsjob. Can anyone help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaconga
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoke unix variable in SED command

Hi, I am trying tio invoke unix variable in a sed command like below, but it seems to be failing.. a=1 sed -n '$a,$p' file.txt ### Failing but a=1 sed -n '1,$p' files.txt ### Works fine Please help me to fix this... Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjayraghavan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Invoke unix script using c program

hi i want to invoke a unix script in a C program and also return some value from the script to the C program to use that value further. Basically i am doing a Lookup operation in this unix script and returning the looked up data from a oracle database table.. please help me invoke as well... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: somi2yoga
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke webservice from unix shell

How do i invoke a SOAP based web service from a shell script. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rponugoti
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

export and access env variable in two scripts

Hi, I have two scripts say one.sh and two.sh. I want one.sh to continuously export a variable in loop. and when two.sh starts then it should read the last value exported from one.sh. file: one.sh #! bin/sh for i in `seq 1 1 4000000`; do export VAR=$(($i**$i)) ; done file two.sh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhushan123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to invoke user env. on remote server

I am tryying to ssh remote machine from a script to run a program for a particular user but it is not bringing up the user environment on remote machine. I was wondering if some one tells me what is the command I should put in the script which will invoke user env on the remote server before ssh is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam101
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to invoke the mail from unix ?

How to send mail to users from linux machine when ceratin task finished ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saku
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke a script in UNIX using Excel Macro

Hi, I am using Send Keys to connect to UNIX server and invoke a script . Is there an alternate way to connect to UNIX server using Excel macro and invoke a UNIX Shell script? Anu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandita.jha
2 Replies
NWAUTH(1)							      nwauth								 NWAUTH(1)

NAME
nwauth - Verify username/password SYNOPSIS
nwauth [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -D ] DESCRIPTION
nwauth does nothing but logging into a NetWare server. If the login was successful, an error code of 0 is returned. If the login was not successful, an error code of 1 is returned. It was designed for use by other programs who want authenticate users via a NetWare server. If there is no -P or -n option specified on command line, nwauth always expects a password on stdin. If the stdin is a tty, then the user is prompted for a password. Otherwise nwauth simply reads stdin for a password. nwauth looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server and a user name if they are not specified on command line. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -D nwauth says that your password is correct if you have existing connection to server with name user name. This is handy for some shell scripts, but it is unacceptable for authorization modules, such as PAM, PHP or Apache. It was pointed to me that this behavior was not well known, and there exist at least one PAM module which does not know that (this module is not part of ncpfs; you should use PAM mod- ule which comes with ncpfs instead anyway). SEE ALSO
nwclient(5) CREDITS
nwauth was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwauth 10/27/1996 NWAUTH(1)