Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script Contain Send Mail via Telnet Post 302880351 by vbe on Thursday 19th of December 2013 05:07:01 AM
Old 12-19-2013
but where are you when you run the script? Do you have nothing in your logs? and cron logs?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send e-mail in Shell script

How to send an error mail from a shell script e.g. mail destination_adr@blabla.int "Message : here an error message " thanks, Ann. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annelisa
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to send a mail

Hi, I need a shell script which runs in the backround for all the 24 hours and send a mail to us regarding the output of the prstat command when the load average increase above certain percent. kindly help me on this...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send a mail

Hi , I need to prepare a script which will check my database with specific to particluar table. If the row count exceeds a certain limit, i need to send a mail to a set of Recipients. Being new to unix, please guide me to complete this task. Advance thanks, Sekar. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help-send mail script

Hi, I have written one script for sending mails with attachment. currently its working for only one recipient. I want to send mails to n number of users by taking user input i.e number of users. Output of current script: Enter how many files : 1 Enter First Name : kiran E-Mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to send mail !!

Hi Experts.. i have created a table with the fields, empid name mailid 1 raja raja@xy.com and entered the values of all persons who are in that file... i have a .csv file date shift1 shift2 6/6/2011 ram raja Now i want a script that could fetch the data in (input file .csv file) and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cratercrabs
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To send a mail through shell script

I want to send a mail through shell script,If it is possible Please give me a code. mail id : upload.xxx@example.com (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys, I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
SYSLOGOUT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      SYSLOGOUT(8)

NAME
syslogout - modular centralized shell logout mechanism DESCRIPTION
syslogout is a generic approach to enable centralized shell logout actions for all users of a given system in a modular and centralized way mostly aimed at avoiding work for lazy sysadmins. It has only been tested to work with the bash shell. It basically consists of the small /etc/syslogout shell script which invokes other small shell scripts having a .bash suffix which are con- tained in the /etc/syslogout.d/ directory. The system administrator can drop in any script he wants without any naming convention other than that the scripts need to have a .bash suffix to enable automagic sourcing by the /etc/syslogout script. For shell sessions, the contents of /etc/syslogout.d/" will be sourced by every user at logout if the following lines are present in his $HOME/.bash_logout: if [ -f /etc/syslogout ]; then . /etc/syslogout fi If used for X sessions it is advisable to include the former statement into the Xreset script of the X display manager instead to prevent that closing of an terminal emulator window yields unexpected results in your running X session if your X11 terminal emulator is using a login shell. Be sure then to run it under the user-id of the X session's user. See the example files in /usr/share/doc/syslogout/ for illustration. Users not wanting /etc/syslogout to be sourced for their environment can easily disable it's automatic mechanism. It can be disabled by simply creating an empty file called $HOME/.nosyslogout in the user's home directory using e.g. the touch(1) command. Any single configuration file in /etc/syslogout.d/ can simply be overridden by any user by creating a private $HOME/.syslogout.d/ directory which may contain a user's own version of any configuration file to be sourced instead of the system default. It's names have just to match exactly the system's default /etc/syslogout.d/ configuration files. Empty versions of these files contained in the $HOME/.syslo- gout.d/ directory automatically disable sourcing of the system wide version. Naturally, users can add and include their own private scripts to be automagically executed by /etc/syslogout at logout time. OPTIONS
There are no options other than those dictated by shell conventions. Anything is defined within the configuration scripts themselves. SEE ALSO
The README files and configuration examples contained in /usr/share/doc/syslogout/ and the manual page for bash(1), xdm(1x), xdm.options(5), and wdm(1x). Recommended further reading is everything related with shell programming. If you need a similar mechanism for executing code at login time check out the related package sysprofile(8) which is a very close compan- ion to syslogout. BUGS
syslogout in its current form is mainly restricted to bash(1) syntax. In fact it is actually a rather embarrassing quick and dirty hack than anything else - but it works. It serves the practical need to enable a centralized bash configuration until something better becomes available. Your constructive criticism in making this into something better" is very welcome. Before i forget to mention it: we take patches... ;-) AUTHOR
syslogout was developed by Paul Seelig <pseelig@debian.org> specifically for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Feel free to port it to and use it anywhere else under the conditions of either the GNU public license or the BSD license or both. Better yet, please help to make it into something more worthwhile than it currently is. SYSLOGOUT(8)