Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Append Multiple files with file name in the beginning of line Post 302880325 by rramkrishnas on Wednesday 18th of December 2013 11:40:30 PM
Old 12-19-2013
Hi,

Thanks for all you support, and regret for the confusion created, actually below code worked the desired output, I was required simplly the file name to be added at the beginning of each line item

Code:
awk 'BEGIN{$0=FILENAME":"$0}1' *.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append (cat) to beginning of file ?

Hi, Fairly new to unix scripting, hoping to get some help. using AIX v5 Basically I have 3 files 1). Header record 2). many detail record 3). Trailer record My desired result is 1 file which contains Heaeder, Detail, Trailer Currenty I am using a series of: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBZ
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append to beginning of a file

Hi, I have a file x which is being upated continuously. I want to add file y in the file x but at the beginning of file x. file x file y After commands file x eeee aaaa aaaa gggg bbbb bbbb hhhh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count Number Of lines in text files and append values to beginning of file

Hello, I have 50 text files in a directory called "AllFiles" I want to make a program that will go inside of the "AllFiles" Directory and count the number of lines in each individual text file. Then, the program will calculate how many more lines there are over 400 in each text file and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: motoxeryz125
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to append blank line in multiple files in unix

Dear All- Please suggest a single unix command which can append blank line in multiple files. I need to achieve this using a single unix command and not a script Please do advice Regards, Suresh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with shell script to append to the end of a specific line in a file on multiple servers

Hi Folks, I was given a task to append three IP's at the end of a specific (and unique) line within a file on multiple servers. I was not able to do that with the help of a script. All I could was: for i in server1 server2 server3 server4 do ssh $i done I know 'sed' could be used to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to append multiple lines to the last line of a file

Hello, This is what I am trying to achieve: file1 a b c d file2 e f g h (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarones
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append variable texts to the beginning of each line in all files in a directory

I am writing a code to append some numbers in the beginning of each line in all the files present in a directory. The number of files are really huge. The files are numbered as 1.sco, 2.sco, 4.sco (Note: 3.sco is missing). The files currently look like this: 1.sco 2 3 5 6 6 7My task is to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple files, parse data and append to a file

Hi..Can anyone suggest a simple way of achieving this. I have several files which ends with extension .vcf . I will give example with two files In the below files, we are interested in File 1: 38 107 C 3 T 6 C/T 38 241 C 4 T 5 C/T 38 247 T 4 C 5 T/C 38 259 T 3 C 6 T/C... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append file name to the beginning of each line

I want to append file names at the beginning of a line for each row file content abc.txt.gz 123|654|987 bcd.txt.gz 876|trf|kjh I want a single output file with below format abc.txt.gz|123|654|987 bcd.txt.gz|876|trf|kjh This one is working but only with unzip files,need to have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh5300
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Removing characters from beginning of multiple files

Hi, I have been searching how to do this but I can't seem to find how to do it. Hopefully someone can help. I have multiplr files, 100's example 12345-zxys.213423.zyz.txt. I want to be able to take all these files and remove the first '12345-' from each of the files. '12345-' these characters... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: israr75
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)