Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Python script cuts off early
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python script cuts off early Post 302880266 by ippy98 on Wednesday 18th of December 2013 12:46:53 PM
Old 12-18-2013
Thanks but Paramiko requires python 2.5, and I am running 2.4

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple cuts syntax problem

Hi All, I need some help with multiple cut and paste, at the moment I have a shell script that uses the following cuts ( this is just some) cut -c1-92 WAITING > col1 .....etc etc etc cut -c93-98 WAITING > col17 # blank_spaces cut -c99-104 WAITING > col18 # Date cut -c105... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gerry405
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unknown event - daemon mode cuts programs from resources

Hi Guys. First of all Im not keen on os stuff, thus not sure what I should look for to solve my problem, Thats why Im posting before getting deeper into forums. Here is my problem. Im working on academic network - Solaris 7-10. Where parts of configuration is made by students (Im still one).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baranowb
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Custom short cuts not working on JDS

Hello, I had created a shortcut to open up a gnome-terminal by pressing <Alt>m. This worked fine, until I logged out and logged back in. gnome-terminal no longer opens. However, the process is created, as evidenced by the gnome-terminal showing up on my process list. I've created and deleted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cooldude
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple echos and cuts too slow

Hi guys, hopefully this hasn't been asked before - couldn't see the question anywhere. I have a large number of timestamps (hh-mm-ss-millisecond) that I need to find the difference between e.g.: 14-11-07-513 14-11-07-644 Now the script that I have just knocked up is horrifically slow,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

something is causing this script to break early on

I am relatively new at scripting in linux. Most of my scripting knowledge comes from doing batch scripting in windows. Anyway, I have this script I'm trying to write that will install a program called Nagios along with a few other packages. I know it has to be something at the beginning that is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanite51
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Create/remove desktop short cuts via command line RHEL 6.3....

I would like to write a script that would remove and/or create shortcuts in Gnome desktop in RHEL 6.3... I googled all over the place could never find what I needed... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruberked
0 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies
MRTG-RRD(1)							       mrtg							       MRTG-RRD(1)

NAME
mrtg-rrd - How to use RRDtool with MRTG SYNOPSIS
After using MRTG for some time you may find some limitations. Mostly in the areas of performance and graphing flexibility. These are exactly the areas addressed by rrdtool. To learn more about RRDtool check out its website on http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool RRDTOOL INTEGRATION
When using mrtg with RRDtool you are replacing rateup with the RRDtool perl module RRDs.pm. To enable RRDtool support in mrtg you have to add the line LogFormat: rrdtool MRTG needs access to both the RRDtool perl module RRDs.pm and to the rrdtool executable. If these two items are not installed in locations where perl can find them on its own, then you can use the following two parameters to supply the appropriate directories. For the location of the rrdtool executable you put PathAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool/bin/ or PathAdd: c: rdtoolin For the location of the perl module it would be: LibAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool/lib/perl/ or LibAdd: c: rdtoolinlibperl When you have made this modification to the configuration file, several things will happen when you run mrtg again with the new config file: 1. mrtg will take all your old ".log" files and convert them to ".rrd" format. (The ".log" files don't get touched in the process, so if things don't work out they are still there.) 2. mrtg will use rrdtool to update its databases. These will have a new format called rrd which is totally different than the native log format of the classic mrtg. 3. mrtg will not create any webpages of graphs anymore. It will only query the routers for traffic information and update its rrd data- bases. The advantage of whole thing is that the mrtg will become much faster. Expect the runtime to drop to 20% of the previous value. (I would like to get some feedback on this from folks with large installations) Mind you though, while the logging process of RRDtool is very fast, you are also gaining some time by neither creating graphs nor updating webpages. The idea behind this is that it is more efficient to create graphs and webpages on demmand. Using a cgi script. At the moment there is no official script to do this, but two contributers have created such scripts: 14all.cgi Was the first program to take over the webpage creation and graphing task. It has been developed by Rainer Bawidamann <Rainer.Baw- idamann@informatik.uni-ulm.de>. You can find a copy on Rainers website: http://www.uni-ulm.de/~rbawidam/mrtg-rrd/ The program comes with its own documentation routers.cgi, servers.cgi and generic.cgi are other cgi frontends to mrtg running with rrdtool. Thier main difference to 14all is, that the web pages it creates are much more stylish than the ones from mrtg. These tools have been written by Steve Shipway <steve.shipway@adsweu.com>. You can find a copy in http://www.cheshire.demon.co.uk/pub/ The scripts comes with their own installation instructions. FUTURE
Just as a side note: MRTG-3 will be based entirely on rrdtool technology. But don't wait for it ... get going now! AUTHOR
Tobias Oetiker <oetiker@ee.ethz.ch> 3rd Berkeley Distribution 2.9.17 MRTG-RRD(1)