Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Python script cuts off early
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python script cuts off early Post 302880249 by in2nix4life on Wednesday 18th of December 2013 10:53:23 AM
Old 12-18-2013
The pyexpect module tends to be a bit buggy. It looks like you can connect to the router using SSH. The paramiko module is tailor-made for performing SSH functions.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple cuts syntax problem

Hi All, I need some help with multiple cut and paste, at the moment I have a shell script that uses the following cuts ( this is just some) cut -c1-92 WAITING > col1 .....etc etc etc cut -c93-98 WAITING > col17 # blank_spaces cut -c99-104 WAITING > col18 # Date cut -c105... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gerry405
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unknown event - daemon mode cuts programs from resources

Hi Guys. First of all Im not keen on os stuff, thus not sure what I should look for to solve my problem, Thats why Im posting before getting deeper into forums. Here is my problem. Im working on academic network - Solaris 7-10. Where parts of configuration is made by students (Im still one).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baranowb
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Custom short cuts not working on JDS

Hello, I had created a shortcut to open up a gnome-terminal by pressing <Alt>m. This worked fine, until I logged out and logged back in. gnome-terminal no longer opens. However, the process is created, as evidenced by the gnome-terminal showing up on my process list. I've created and deleted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cooldude
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple echos and cuts too slow

Hi guys, hopefully this hasn't been asked before - couldn't see the question anywhere. I have a large number of timestamps (hh-mm-ss-millisecond) that I need to find the difference between e.g.: 14-11-07-513 14-11-07-644 Now the script that I have just knocked up is horrifically slow,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

something is causing this script to break early on

I am relatively new at scripting in linux. Most of my scripting knowledge comes from doing batch scripting in windows. Anyway, I have this script I'm trying to write that will install a program called Nagios along with a few other packages. I know it has to be something at the beginning that is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanite51
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Create/remove desktop short cuts via command line RHEL 6.3....

I would like to write a script that would remove and/or create shortcuts in Gnome desktop in RHEL 6.3... I googled all over the place could never find what I needed... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruberked
0 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies
isympy(1)																 isympy(1)

NAME
isympy - interactive shell for SymPy SYNOPSIS
isympy [-c | --console] isympy [ {-h | --help} | {-v | --version} ] DESCRIPTION
isympy is a Python shell for SymPy. It is just a normal python shell (ipython shell if you have the ipython package installed) that exe- cutes the following commands so that you don't have to: >>> from __future__ import division >>> from sympy import * >>> x, y, z = symbols("xyz") >>> k, m, n = symbols("kmn", integer=True) So starting isympy is equivalent to starting python (or ipython) and executing the above commands by hand. It is intended for easy and quick experimentation with SymPy. For more complicated programs, it is recommended to write a script and import things explicitly (using the "from sympy import sin, log, Symbol, ..." idiom). OPTIONS
-c shell, --console=shell Use the specified shell (python or ipython) as console backend instead of the default one (ipython if present or python otherwise). Example: isympy -c python FILES
${HOME}/.sympy-history Saves the history of commands when using the python shell as backend. BUGS
The upstreams BTS can be found at <http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/list> Please report all bugs that you find in there, this will help improve the overall quality of SymPy. SEE ALSO
ipython(1), python(1) 2007-10-8 isympy(1)