Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clone redhat to another PC
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Clone redhat to another PC Post 302880149 by aitv on Tuesday 17th of December 2013 05:10:19 PM
Old 12-17-2013
RedHat Clone redhat to another PC

Hi,
I'm a new user of this forum and I'm not an expert of linux.
I have a broken old pc with red hat linux, I clone hdd to another pc with different mainboard and it's ok but it has only one problem, the usb ports not work.
In the boot this message appears:

In Internet I found this command but I do not know what it means:
Code:
[root@localhost root]# lspci -v | grep HCI
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB USB (Hub #1) (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB USB (Hub #2) (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB USB (Hub #3) (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB USB EHCI Controller #2 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB USB EHCI Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])

Someone can help me?
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clone harddisk

Hi, i have to make an excect physical copie of a sun unix station harddisk. I have to make all partitions the same on about 60 harddisks, and also they should contain the same data/info. I have hade a look at commands 'DD' and 'UFSDUMP' but both of them are not sufficient enough. Can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirk2
5 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

clone disk

Disk cloning I had an external SCSI master disk that I used to clone to an identical external SCSI disk because the other SCSI disk would become corrupted. My original Master became corrupted so I used one of the other to good disk to copy back to the master. Unfortunately the new master needs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stamperr
1 Replies

3. Solaris

clone solaris

I have a Sun Solaris 9 and I would like to clone the Operating System from a sun4u Sun Fire 480R machine to a Sun Fire 280R machine. The disk is the same size, the 480R has no space disk slot to the 280R disk for mirrioring, i have no external disk, I am not allowed to take the machine down. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 Clone - Help

I've got two drives in the same Sun server and I've been cloning the boot drive to the secondary drive by using both ufsdump/ufsrestore and the dd command sucessfully. When I try and boot the cloned drive I get the following error: WARNING - /usr/sbin/fsck not found. Most likely the mount... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnj1965
10 Replies

5. IP Networking

Clone on virtualBox

Hello; Please,I did the clone on virtualBox, but the machines have the same IP address: eth2 Link encap: Ethernet HWaddr 8:00:27: f0: 92:19 inet addr: 192.168.1.4 Bcast: 192.168.1.255 Mask: 255.255.255.0 how to change the address please? Thank you so much (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

software ID clone

the following command will give me software ID from HP machine with hpux10.2: >uname -a HP-UX bmd350 B.10.20 D 9000/831 2011043966 64-user license The string 2011043966 is the actual software ID which is used as number to license software. Now my machine breaks down and I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: derf001
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clone mounts as is

Hello, Iam trying to clone AS IS two mounts like below /class_test/sa /class_dev/fd from one server onto another. I want to use tar and gzip to compress. Please let me know the options I have to use. Also I want to untar it in the destination server, so let me know how to do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Redhat Clone

What is the best method to use to clone a Redhat machine, to ensure all software and config can be easily installed on new hardware? Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: da2013
3 Replies

10. AIX

How to clone an AIX 5.3?

Hello all, I am trying to clone an entire aix 5.3 machine , not sure on the procedure.Can anyone help on what can be done ?Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
9 Replies
SWITCH_ROOT(8)                                                 System Administration                                                SWITCH_ROOT(8)

NAME
switch_root - switch to another filesystem as the root of the mount tree SYNOPSIS
switch_root [-hV] switch_root newroot init [arg...] DESCRIPTION
switch_root moves already mounted /proc, /dev, /sys and /run to newroot and makes newroot the new root filesystem and starts init process. WARNING: switch_root removes recursively all files and directories on the current root filesystem. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. RETURN VALUE
switch_root returns 0 on success and 1 on failure. NOTES
switch_root will fail to function if newroot is not the root of a mount. If you want to switch root into a directory that does not meet this requirement then you can first use a bind-mounting trick to turn any directory into a mount point: mount --bind $DIR $DIR SEE ALSO
chroot(2), init(8), mkinitrd(8), mount(8) AUTHORS
Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com> Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The switch_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2009 SWITCH_ROOT(8)