Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Some questions about UNIXware Post 302880146 by DGPickett on Tuesday 17th of December 2013 04:30:48 PM
Old 12-17-2013
Well ever hacker nows there is a way, usually if you get in there first with trojans and loggers. Might be simpler to go to LINUX.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO Unixware 2.1

I am using SCO Unixware 2.1 & some PC clients are connected, suddenly one message appearslike : UX:strintercept error: dropping message this message starts coming repeatedly & agtre some time system hangs.I had to reset the system & now the problem is not there.Please suggest, why this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paprch
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

Change ip on UnixWare 2.1.2

I changed the IP whit Ifconfig and I used ping to test the conetions the conection is rigth on my LAN (NetA) But, I have two networks for example: NetA route to NetB and vicevers On NetB ping to any machine on NetA, it is respons successfully. but I ping to UNIX server no respons. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lmena
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UnixWare printing

I have a Unixware OS and a HP Business Inkjet printer. I am unable to print from Unixware in landscape mode. I have tried filters and have failed every time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb4best
6 Replies

4. SCO

Performance issue from Unixware 2.1 to Unixware 7

Hello, I am having performance problem when , i ported a c code from Unixware 2.1 to Unixware 7.0.0. My program establishes a synchornous connection with the client in a windows OS and then sends and receives messsages using the recv and send calls. What i hyave noticed is that after a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amith
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please help me about unixware 7.1.3

msg: vfs_mountroot:cannot mount root %%%%%% system don't start (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hushboy
0 Replies

6. SCO

Unixware problem

Dear All, I have a HP Netserver LH3 server which has unixware 7 os with oracle. Suddenly it shows a error message that " Raw Stack Dump beigns at 0xFFFDABIC... Generating Selective dump Storing system memory image for crash analysis.... #scanning memory....dumping to disk (Press any key to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.chiranjib
0 Replies

7. SCO

unixware 2.0

High, I have a simulator application running on unixware 2.1, there are no original installation CDs for the application. is it possible to copy directories and configuration files, related to the installed application, from unixware 2.1 to other system running Unixware 7.1.1 (replacing Unixware... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fareedah
0 Replies

8. SCO

Problem in Unixware 7

Hi, I need help for SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.0. During booting it is detecting the network card (Intel PRO 100B /100+) but it is giving error : "UX:S69inet:error". Hence network is not getting up. I have tried with another network card (D-Link DFE 538TX) but unable to get the proper driver for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcl.rajat
1 Replies

9. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Are the UnixWare 7.1.1 sources available?

So, I was browsing groklaw.net, and I was surprised to read that Pamela Jones was reading the copyright notices in the UnixWare 7.1.1 source code files... Groklaw - Santa Cruz Listed Novell as Owning the Copyrights in 1999 How can that be? Are the UnixWare 7.1.1 sources available to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pepinox
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies
Config(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Config(3)

NAME
Log::Log4perl::Config - Log4perl configuration file syntax DESCRIPTION
In "Log::Log4perl", configuration files are used to describe how the system's loggers ought to behave. The format is the same as the one as used for "log4j", just with a few perl-specific extensions, like enabling the "Bar::Twix" syntax instead of insisting on the Java-specific "Bar.Twix". Comment lines (starting with arbitrary whitespace and a #) and blank lines (all whitespace or empty) are ignored. Also, blanks between syntactical entities are ignored, it doesn't matter if you write log4perl.logger.Bar.Twix=WARN,Screen or log4perl.logger.Bar.Twix = WARN, Screen "Log::Log4perl" will strip the blanks while parsing your input. Assignments need to be on a single line. However, you can break the line if you want to by using a continuation character at the end of the line. Instead of writing log4perl.appender.A1.layout=Log::Log4perl::Layout::SimpleLayout you can break the line at any point by putting a backslash at the very (!) end of the line to be continued: log4perl.appender.A1.layout= Log::Log4perl::Layout::SimpleLayout Watch out for trailing blanks after the backslash, which would prevent the line from being properly concatenated. Loggers Loggers are addressed by category: log4perl.logger.Bar.Twix = WARN, Screen This sets all loggers under the "Bar::Twix" hierarchy on priority "WARN" and attaches a later-to-be-defined "Screen" appender to them. Settings for the root appender (which doesn't have a name) can be accomplished by simply omitting the name: log4perl.logger = FATAL, Database, Mailer This sets the root appender's level to "FATAL" and also attaches the later-to-be-defined appenders "Database" and "Mailer" to it. The additivity flag of a logger is set or cleared via the "additivity" keyword: log4perl.additivity.Bar.Twix = 0|1 (Note the reversed order of keyword and logger name, resulting from the dilemma that a logger name could end in ".additivity" according to the log4j documentation). Appenders and Layouts Appender names used in Log4perl configuration file lines need to be resolved later on, in order to define the appender's properties and its layout. To specify properties of an appender, just use the "appender" keyword after the "log4perl" intro and the appender's name: # The Bar::Twix logger and its appender log4perl.logger.Bar.Twix = DEBUG, A1 log4perl.appender.A1=Log::Log4perl::Appender::File log4perl.appender.A1.filename=test.log log4perl.appender.A1.mode=append log4perl.appender.A1.layout=Log::Log4perl::Layout::SimpleLayout This sets a priority of "DEBUG" for loggers in the "Bar::Twix" hierarchy and assigns the "A1" appender to it, which is later on resolved to be an appender of type "Log::Log4perl::Appender::File", simply appending to a log file. According to the "Log::Log4perl::Appender::File" manpage, the "filename" parameter specifies the name of the log file and the "mode" parameter can be set to "append" or "write" (the former will append to the logfile if one with the specified name already exists while the latter would clobber and overwrite it). The order of the entries in the configuration file is not important, "Log::Log4perl" will read in the entire file first and try to make sense of the lines after it knows the entire context. You can very well define all loggers first and then their appenders (you could even define your appenders first and then your loggers, but let's not go there): log4perl.logger.Bar.Twix = DEBUG, A1 log4perl.logger.Bar.Snickers = FATAL, A2 log4perl.appender.A1=Log::Log4perl::Appender::File log4perl.appender.A1.filename=test.log log4perl.appender.A1.mode=append log4perl.appender.A1.layout=Log::Log4perl::Layout::SimpleLayout log4perl.appender.A2=Log::Log4perl::Appender::Screen log4perl.appender.A2.stderr=0 log4perl.appender.A2.layout=Log::Log4perl::Layout::PatternLayout log4perl.appender.A2.layout.ConversionPattern = %d %m %n Note that you have to specify the full path to the layout class and that "ConversionPattern" is the keyword to specify the printf-style formatting instructions. Configuration File Cookbook Here's some examples of often-used Log4perl configuration files: Append to STDERR log4perl.category.Bar.Twix = WARN, Screen log4perl.appender.Screen = Log::Log4perl::Appender::Screen log4perl.appender.Screen.layout = Log::Log4perl::Layout::PatternLayout log4perl.appender.Screen.layout.ConversionPattern = %d %m %n Append to STDOUT log4perl.category.Bar.Twix = WARN, Screen log4perl.appender.Screen = Log::Log4perl::Appender::Screen log4perl.appender.Screen.stderr = 0 log4perl.appender.Screen.layout = Log::Log4perl::Layout::PatternLayout log4perl.appender.Screen.layout.ConversionPattern = %d %m %n Append to a log file log4perl.logger.Bar.Twix = DEBUG, A1 log4perl.appender.A1=Log::Log4perl::Appender::File log4perl.appender.A1.filename=test.log log4perl.appender.A1.mode=append log4perl.appender.A1.layout = Log::Log4perl::Layout::PatternLayout log4perl.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern = %d %m %n Note that you could even leave out log4perl.appender.A1.mode=append and still have the logger append to the logfile by default, although the "Log::Log4perl::Appender::File" module does exactly the opposite. This is due to some nasty trickery "Log::Log4perl" performs behind the scenes to make sure that beginner's CGI applications don't clobber the log file every time they're called. Write a log file from scratch If you loathe the Log::Log4perl's append-by-default strategy, you can certainly override it: log4perl.logger.Bar.Twix = DEBUG, A1 log4perl.appender.A1=Log::Log4perl::Appender::File log4perl.appender.A1.filename=test.log log4perl.appender.A1.mode=write log4perl.appender.A1.layout=Log::Log4perl::Layout::SimpleLayout "write" is the "mode" that has "Log::Log4perl::Appender::File" explicitely clobber the log file if it exists. SEE ALSO
Log::Log4perl::Config::PropertyConfigurator Log::Log4perl::Config::DOMConfigurator Log::Log4perl::Config::LDAPConfigurator (coming soon!) COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2002-2009 by Mike Schilli <m@perlmeister.com> and Kevin Goess <cpan@goess.org>. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2010-02-07 Config(3)