Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting only 2nd and third duplicates in field 2 Post 302880093 by newbie2010 on Tuesday 17th of December 2013 11:49:12 AM
Old 12-17-2013
Deleting only 2nd and third duplicates in field 2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates in a sorted file by field.

I have data like this: It's sorted by the 2nd field (TID). envoy,90000000000000634600010001,04/11/2008,23:19:27,RB00266,0015,DETAIL,ERROR, envoy,90000000000000634600010001,04/12/2008,04:23:45,RB00266,0015,DETAIL,ERROR,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kinksville
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to find duplicates in 2nd field

I want to find duplicates in file on 2nd field i wrote this code: nawk '{a++} END{for i in a {if (a>1) print}}' temp Could not find whats wrong with this. Appreciate help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort alpha on 1st field, numerical on 2nd field (sci notation)

I want to sort alphabetically on the first field and sort in descending numerical order on the 2nd field. With a normal "sort -r -n" it does this: abc ||| 5e-05 ||| bla abc ||| 3 ||| ble def ||| 1 ||| abc def ||| 0.2 ||| def As you can see it ignores the fact that 5e-05 is actually 0.00005... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrancoisCN
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting duplicates from a desired field

Hello, I have a file of group names and GID's (/etc/group) and I want to find the duplicate group names and put them in a file. So there are 2 fields, i.e.: audit 10 avahi 70 avahi-autoipd 103 bellrpi 605 bin 1 bin 2 bord 512 busobj 161 bwadm 230 cali81 202 card 323 cardiff 901 cbm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgb
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting Duplicates leaving the first entry

Hi, I need to delete duplicate records in a file that is around 30MB. Below is what I need. Below are the entries of input file and the output file that I need. Each section of input file is separated by an empty line. Some of these sections have duplicate uid values. I want to retain only one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samingla
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the partial duplicates by checking the length of a field

Hi Folks - I'm quite new to awk and didn't come across such issues before. The problem statement is that, I've a file with duplicate records in 3rd and 4th fields. The sample is as below: aaaaaa|a12|45|56 abbbbaaa|a12|45|56 bbaabb|b1|51|45 bbbbbabbb|b2|51|45 aaabbbaaaa|a11|45|56 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove duplicates based on a field and criteria

Hi, I have a file with fields like below: A;XYZ;102345;222 B;XYZ;123243;333 C;ABC;234234;444 D;MNO;103345;222 E;DEF;124243;333 desired output: C;ABC;234234;444 D;MNO;103345;222 E;DEF;124243;333 ie, if the 4rth field is a duplicate.. i need only those records where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanderingmind16
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates based on a field's value

Hi All, I have a text file with three columns. I would like a simple script that removes lines in which column 1 has duplicate entries, but use the largest value in column 3 to decide which one to keep. For example: Input file: 12345a rerere.rerere len=23 11111c fsdfdf.dfsdfdsf len=33 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anniecarv
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to remove duplicates based on field and row

I am trying to see if I can use awk to remove duplicates from a file. This is the file: -==> Listvol <== deleting /vol/eng_rmd_0941 deleting /vol/eng_rmd_0943 deleting /vol/eng_rmd_0943 deleting /vol/eng_rmd_1006 deleting /vol/eng_rmd_1012 rearrange /vol/eng_rmd_0943 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine Similar Output from the 2nd field w.r.t 1st Field

Hi, For example: I have: HostA,XYZ HostB,XYZ HostC,ABC I would like the output to be: HostA,HostB: XYZ HostC:ABC How can I achieve this? So far what I though of is: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies
thr_join(3C)                                               Standard C Library Functions                                               thr_join(3C)

NAME
thr_join - wait for thread termination SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file...[ library... ] #include <thread.h> int thr_join(thread_t thread, thread_t *departed, void **status); DESCRIPTION
The thr_join() function suspends processing of the calling thread until the target thread completes. The thread argument must be a member of the current process and cannot be a detached thread. See thr_create(3C). If two or more threads wait for the same thread to complete, all will suspend processing until the thread has terminated, and then one thread will return successfully and the others will return with an error of ESRCH. The thr_join() function will not block processing of the calling thread if the target thread has already terminated. If a thr_join() call returns successfully with a non-null status argument, the value passed to thr_exit(3C) by the terminating thread will be placed in the location referenced by status. If the target thread ID is 0, thr_join() finds and returns the status of a terminated undetached thread in the process. If no such thread exists, it suspends processing of the calling thread until a thread for which no other thread is waiting enters that state, at which time it returns successfully, or until all other threads in the process are either daemon threads or threads waiting in thr_join(), in which case it returns EDEADLK. See NOTES. If departed is not NULL, it points to a location that is set to the ID of the terminated thread if thr_join() returns successfully. RETURN VALUES
If successful, thr_join() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
EDEADLK A joining deadlock would occur, such as when a thread attempts to wait for itself, or the calling thread is waiting for any thread to exit and only daemon threads or waiting threads exist in the process. ESRCH No undetached thread could be found corresponding to the given thread ID. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
thr_create(3C), thr_exit(3C), wait(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) NOTES
Using thr_join(3C) in the following syntax, while (thr_join(0, NULL, NULL) == 0); will wait for the termination of all non-daemon threads, excluding threads that are themselves waiting in thr_join(). SunOS 5.10 27 Mar 2000 thr_join(3C)