Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed hash in multiple lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed hash in multiple lines Post 302880086 by in2nix4life on Tuesday 17th of December 2013 10:51:42 AM
Old 12-17-2013
Code:
sed -n '/system@remote-server/{n;s/.* //p}' file

2A:DD:4B:C5:AD:B0:MF:96:51:B0:14:4A:B5:6C:99:FB

This User Gave Thanks to in2nix4life For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting Multiple Lines with sed

I am trying to use sed to delete multiple lines in a file. The problem is that I need to search for a certain line and then once found delete it plus the next 4 lines. For instance if I had a file that consisted of the following lines: #Data1.start ( (Database= data1) (Name = IPC)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rambo15
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete multiple lines w/ sed

Hi all, I am trying to figure out the syntx to delete multiple lines w/ sed. I know the following syntax will delete lines 1 THROUGH 5 from filex: sed 1,5d filex But I wan to delete lines 1 AND 5 (keeping lines 2,3, and 4). Does anyone know how to do this in a single sed statement? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bookoo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use sed to merge multiple lines

Hi all: I have a file in which the contents are as following: ... This is a test ONE TWO Hello, world! XXX YYY CCC test again three, four five six seven world AAA BBB QQQ test eight, nine world (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xb88
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: working with multiple lines

Got another sed question :) My text block is I need to do the following: If (and only if) the line starting with 10002,11 is followed by a line starting with 10004,9 , insert the line 10003,9 between the 2 Thus, my output should be I tried but this gives me (the order... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orno
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed substitution and multiple lines

I have a file names 'log.txt' that looks something like this: #This is a comment /sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -s ip.of.a machine --destination-port 21 -j ACCEPT #This is the comment to read# /sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -s ip.of.a.machine --destination-port 21 -j ACCEPT I would like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manouche
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: Combining Multiple Lines into one

Before I ask my actual question, is it going to be a problem that I want to run this process on a 15 Gig file that is ~140 million rows? What I'm trying to do: I have a file that looks like Color,Type,Count,Day Yellow,Full 5 Tuesday Green,Half 6 Wednesday Purple,Half 8 Tuesday ...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goldfish
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use SED to join multiple lines?

Hi guys, anyone know how can i join multiples lines using sed till the end of a file and output to another file in a single line? The end of each line will be replaced with a special char "#". I am using the below SED command, however it seems to remove the last 2 lines. Also not all lines... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed command, make multiple lines into one

:confused:Hi, I'm relativley new at unix so am having difficulties at the most basic of areas. I am trying using sed to make multiple lines into one line. For example, i would like: Mary had a little lamb to look like this Maryhadalittlelamb so far i have tried sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cavanac2
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple lines through sed

Hi All, I have a input file as sample below <this is not starting of file> record line1 line2 line3 end line4 line5 record line6 line7 line8 my requirement is this, i want to select a pattern between first record and end, whatever is written between first record and end. and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adgangwar
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Use sed commands on multiple lines

I have a text file and i want to run 3 sed commands for the lines entered by the user using perl script. I am doing this manually till now. need some help with this The sed commands I have to use are : sed -i "s/{+//" error.txt sed -i "s/+}//" error.txt sed -i "s/\//g" error.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: utkarshkhanna44
5 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)