Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable To access array in awk Post 302880013 by RudiC on Tuesday 17th of December 2013 06:52:22 AM
Old 12-17-2013
Any error msgs? The awk script as posted cannot execute correctly; tldn is not defined, tcount is not used, an if and a } is missing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to access hpfs/ntfs properly

i can't access my ntfs partition from one of my linux devices and can only acess it read only on the other... the two linux systems are Fedora core 4 and Ubuntu Hoary hedghog5*... all three are on a 40Gig drive ofcourse the windows partition is the primary partition but Fedora doesn't recognize ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to access home area

Good morning, I have a solaris 8 machine (Sunblade 1000) that is configured with NIS, I have checked everything I can think of to make sure everything is correctly configured which it appears it is but when I try to log into CDE it says it is unable to access my home area and it also does the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr Pink
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access value outside awk or split value of array

Hello I am new to Unix. Please help me out. My Scenario: I am first collecting all the file names present in the directory with structure myinfo/yourinfo/supplierinfo I have four files with the names myCollector.java, yourCollector.java, someCollector.java, everyCollector.java. in the directory.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jason.bean
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to access a variable not local to a while loop

I have a while loop like this cat ${filename} | while read fileline do ... done I need to access a variable value $newfile inside this while loop How will i do that?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to access 3500 FC array. Where is the problem?..

Hi, I have two Sun Fire V490 with Solaris 10 5/08, FC switch and two Sun StorageTek 3500 FC arrays. Each array is connected to switch and to one server at a time. In the last week I installed Solaris 10 5/08 on both servers and set up Sun Cluster, version 3.2. At wednesday all was fine - all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to access variable outside loop

I am unable to access the value set inside the loop from outside loop . Thought of taking this to forum , I had seen other replies also , where a pipe takes the execution to another shell and mentioned thats the reason we do not get the variable outside loop . But I am getting an issue and I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Armaan_S
1 Replies

7. Solaris

unable to access infodoc!!

Hi, I am refered to see Infodoc 80854. but I am not able to access from sun.com. Is there any precedure to view these?. Please guide me. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unable to access TAR file

hi friends, I am using hp unix HP-UX B.11.11 .. Generally i do the compression to maintain the space availability . To compress the files first i used the TAR to collect all the files. it has done fine. when i am using command ls in the folder which has TAR file , it shows the TAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
2 Replies

9. AIX

P550 Unable to access Console

I have recently aquired the following machine: IBM,9113-550 Up until yesterday we could connect a dumb terminal to serial port 1 and get console login. However the dumb terminal died. We are now using a laptop with a null modem cable attached to serial port 1. This works perfectly for all of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rsw7724
1 Replies

10. AIX

Unable to access to p5 9131 AIX system

Hi, I am very newbie with AIX system. I have changed the default IP address 192.168.2.147 of HMC1 to our LAN IP address. I can ping to the new ip address but unable to access to ASMI again with the new ip address. Is there a way that I can connect to the console or can reset to the default... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilyn
20 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)