Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Is this a serious issue? please see the the information below. Post 302879960 by blackrageous on Monday 16th of December 2013 05:25:47 PM
Old 12-16-2013
What type of hardware/system do you have. Is this an lpar on a CEC where there are other LPARS. Do you have an HMC? If so look at the event and service code history in the HMC log. Did you upgrade any firmware. What firmware level are you on. What is running on this LPAR? Was it recently installed? See the following reference
Code:
https://techlink.aus.stglabs.ibm.com/psdb/systemp/viewRecord.do?category=HWTIPS&uid=H164351&sessionTime=1387227675552&rsid=1&seqNo=1&displayId=H164351&searchStr=A6D1BD62&totalHits=500

---------- Post updated at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:22 PM ----------

I provided an incorrect reference.

---------- Post updated at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:24 PM ----------

You may not have the correct licensing option. What have you changed in this system?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

NEED Some Information!!!

Hi guys, do you know where I can find an information or example of creating a remote simulation banking application on UNIX. A client server socket programming using c language to build. using telnet to run. just a simple , add, withdraw, balance function. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: btx
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Information. Will Appreciate It

Hi guys i am new to linux, infact i have heared about it for a while now but never got it. I am prepared to give it a try but i need to know the system requirements. i have a 32bit, win xp, amd antlon 1.8ghz . will linux run fine on this system or do i need a new computer.. i have always... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rapzkilla
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Need information on HP-UX....

Hi Guys, I'm new to HP-UX and i want installation procedure step by step.If i want take up the hp exam can any one give ful info about exam with new exam codes.I hav good knowlwdge on linux is it HP is similar to linux.If anybody having docs on HP-UX...pls reply me Regards, Vinay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay@wipro
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Arithmatic operation issue , datatype issue

Hi, I have a shell scripting. This will take 7 digit number in each line and add 7 digit number with next subsequent lines ( normal addition ). Eg: 0000001 0000220 0001235 0000022 0000023 ........... ......... ........ Like this i am having around 1500000 records. After adding... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
23 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ISSUE and ISSUE.NET files

In LINUX(CentOS, RedHat) is there a way to have the banner statement appear before the logon instead of after the logon? In UNIX and Windows the banner appears before a person actually logs on, what I'm seeing in LINUX is that it appears after the login(ftp, telnet, SSH). Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejjones
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some help and information

Well, i am here coz i have this problem: a guy is pinging me so my internet go down when he wants and the same guy is nuking my ventrilo server that i rent in a good website. I want to know how to protect me against this attack and if is possible do the same to him, i know this guy is using a payed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Psike
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance with a file issue and a terminal issue

Hello everyone, I'm in need of some assistance. I'm currently enrolled in an introductory UNIX shell programming course and, well halfway through the semester, we are receiving our first actual assignment. I've somewhat realized now that I've fallen behind, and I'm working to get caught up, but for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrMagoo22
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value substitution issue with awk command issue

Hi All, I am using the below script which has awk command, but it is not returing the expected result. can some pls help me to correct the command. The below script sample.ksh should give the result if the value of last 4 digits in the variable NM matches with the variable value DAT. The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
7 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Not enough information...

I appreciate the fact that rules are for everyone and I screwed up by not putting a screen printout in code brackets... However, I was a bit dismayed when I received the following and tried to reply to say "Thank you" for sending me the reminder. I could not reply and had no idea what the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
4 Replies
SPLIT(1)								FSF								  SPLIT(1)

NAME
split - split a file into pieces SYNOPSIS
split [OPTION] [INPUT [PREFIX]] DESCRIPTION
Output fixed-size pieces of INPUT to PREFIXaa, PREFIXab, ...; default PREFIX is `x'. With no INPUT, or when INPUT is -, read standard input. Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -a, --suffix-length=N use suffixes of length N (default 2) -b, --bytes=SIZE put SIZE bytes per output file -C, --line-bytes=SIZE put at most SIZE bytes of lines per output file -l, --lines=NUMBER put NUMBER lines per output file --verbose print a diagnostic to standard error just before each output file is opened --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit SIZE may have a multiplier suffix: b for 512, k for 1K, m for 1 Meg. AUTHOR
Written by Torbjorn Granlund and Richard M. Stallman. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for split is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and split programs are properly installed at your site, the command info split should give you access to the complete manual. split (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 SPLIT(1)