Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a word which just comes next to after grep of a specific word Post 302879848 by Akshay Hegde on Monday 16th of December 2013 06:50:19 AM
Old 12-16-2013
@vishal please be specific about your requirement

Grep you can try something like this

Code:
$ pref=$(grep -Po -m1 '(?<=PREF:).*(?=AVAIL:)' file)
$ echo $pref
int1 

$ avail=$(grep -Po -m1 '(?<=AVAIL:).*' file)
$ echo $avail
int2

This User Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a word from a specific line

for example: searches only for single word for single word this is line three match=$(grep -n -e "single" data.txt) this command will stored "..... single ...... single" into search. how can i grep the single word just from line 2 only?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blurboy
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to grep for a word and display only the word

Hi, When we "grep" for a word in a file, it returns the lines containing the word that we searched for. Is there a way to display only the words and not the entire line containing them. Thanks Ananth (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthmm
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep out specific word and only that word

ok, so this is proving to be kind of difficult even though it should not be. say for instance I want to grep out ONLY the word fkafal from the below output, how do I do it? echo ajfjf fjfjf iafjga fkafal foeref afoafahfia | grep -w "fkafal" If i run the above command, i get back all the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep part of word or Another word from a string

Hi all, FileOne family balance >>>>> 0 0 0 0 java.io.FileNotFoundException: Settings.xml (No such file or directory) at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) .. .... ..... ..... java.lang.NullPointerException ... ..... ...... Stacktrace: at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print line starts with specific word and contains specific word using sed?

Hi, I have gone through may posts and dint find exact solution for my requirement. I have file which consists below data and same file have lot of other data. <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='YES' NAME='m_TASK_UPDATE' OBJECTVERSION ='1'> <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='NO'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch entries in front of specific word till next word

Hi all I have following file which I have to edit for research purpose file:///tmp/moz-screenshot.png body, div, table, thead, tbody, tfoot, tr, th, td, p { font-family: &quot;Liberation Sans&quot;; font-size: x-small; } Drug: KRP-104 QD Drug: Placebo Drug: Metformin|Drug:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Chopra
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for a word or word with underscore

I have a file "test" with following contents: cat test abc abcd_efg abc_abc I want to only grep for abc or abc_ without getting other results, how do I achieve this? If I use grep -w abc test option I get only abc and not abc_. If I use egrep "abc|abc_" test its still printing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep or awk a unique and specific word across many fields

Hi there, I have data with similar structure as this: CHR START-SNP END-SNP REF ALT PATIENT1 PATIENT2 PATIENT3 PATIENT4 chr1 69511 69511 A G homo hetero homo hetero chr2 69513 69513 T C . hetero homo hetero chr3 69814 69814 G C . . homo homo chr4 69815 69815 C A hetero . . hetero is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: daashti
10 Replies
ALTER OPERATOR 
FAMILY(7) SQL Commands ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY(7) NAME
ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY - change the definition of an operator family SYNOPSIS
ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY name USING index_method ADD { OPERATOR strategy_number operator_name ( op_type, op_type ) | FUNCTION support_number [ ( op_type [ , op_type ] ) ] funcname ( argument_type [, ...] ) } [, ... ] ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY name USING index_method DROP { OPERATOR strategy_number ( op_type [ , op_type ] ) | FUNCTION support_number ( op_type [ , op_type ] ) } [, ... ] ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY name USING index_method RENAME TO newname ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY name USING index_method OWNER TO newowner DESCRIPTION
ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY changes the definition of an operator family. You can add operators and support functions to the family, remove them from the family, or change the family's name or owner. When operators and support functions are added to a family with ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY, they are not part of any specific operator class within the family, but are just ``loose'' within the family. This indicates that these operators and functions are compatible with the fam- ily's semantics, but are not required for correct functioning of any specific index. (Operators and functions that are so required should be declared as part of an operator class, instead; see CREATE OPERATOR CLASS [create_operator_class(7)].) PostgreSQL will allow loose mem- bers of a family to be dropped from the family at any time, but members of an operator class cannot be dropped without dropping the whole class and any indexes that depend on it. Typically, single-data-type operators and functions are part of operator classes because they are needed to support an index on that specific data type, while cross-data-type operators and functions are made loose members of the family. You must be a superuser to use ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY. (This restriction is made because an erroneous operator family definition could con- fuse or even crash the server.) ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY does not presently check whether the operator family definition includes all the operators and functions required by the index method, nor whether the operators and functions form a self-consistent set. It is the user's responsibility to define a valid operator family. Refer to in the documentation for further information. PARAMETERS
name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing operator family. index_method The name of the index method this operator family is for. strategy_number The index method's strategy number for an operator associated with the operator family. operator_name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an operator associated with the operator family. op_type In an OPERATOR clause, the operand data type(s) of the operator, or NONE to signify a left-unary or right-unary operator. Unlike the comparable syntax in CREATE OPERATOR CLASS, the operand data types must always be specified. In an ADD FUNCTION clause, the operand data type(s) the function is intended to support, if different from the input data type(s) of the function. For B-tree and hash indexes it is not necessary to specify op_type since the function's input data type(s) are always the correct ones to use. For GIN and GiST indexes it is necessary to specify the input data type the function is to be used with. In a DROP FUNCTION clause, the operand data type(s) the function is intended to support must be specified. support_number The index method's support procedure number for a function associated with the operator family. funcname The name (optionally schema-qualified) of a function that is an index method support procedure for the operator family. argument_types The parameter data type(s) of the function. newname The new name of the operator family. newowner The new owner of the operator family. The OPERATOR and FUNCTION clauses can appear in any order. NOTES
Notice that the DROP syntax only specifies the ``slot'' in the operator family, by strategy or support number and input data type(s). The name of the operator or function occupying the slot is not mentioned. Also, for DROP FUNCTION the type(s) to specify are the input data type(s) the function is intended to support; for GIN and GiST indexes this might have nothing to do with the actual input argument types of the function. Because the index machinery does not check access permissions on functions before using them, including a function or operator in an opera- tor family is tantamount to granting public execute permission on it. This is usually not an issue for the sorts of functions that are use- ful in an operator family. The operators should not be defined by SQL functions. A SQL function is likely to be inlined into the calling query, which will prevent the optimizer from recognizing that the query matches an index. Before PostgreSQL 8.4, the OPERATOR clause could include a RECHECK option. This is no longer supported because whether an index operator is ``lossy'' is now determined on-the-fly at runtime. This allows efficient handling of cases where an operator might or might not be lossy. EXAMPLES
The following example command adds cross-data-type operators and support functions to an operator family that already contains B-tree oper- ator classes for data types int4 and int2. ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY integer_ops USING btree ADD -- int4 vs int2 OPERATOR 1 < (int4, int2) , OPERATOR 2 <= (int4, int2) , OPERATOR 3 = (int4, int2) , OPERATOR 4 >= (int4, int2) , OPERATOR 5 > (int4, int2) , FUNCTION 1 btint42cmp(int4, int2) , -- int2 vs int4 OPERATOR 1 < (int2, int4) , OPERATOR 2 <= (int2, int4) , OPERATOR 3 = (int2, int4) , OPERATOR 4 >= (int2, int4) , OPERATOR 5 > (int2, int4) , FUNCTION 1 btint24cmp(int2, int4) ; To remove these entries again: ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY integer_ops USING btree DROP -- int4 vs int2 OPERATOR 1 (int4, int2) , OPERATOR 2 (int4, int2) , OPERATOR 3 (int4, int2) , OPERATOR 4 (int4, int2) , OPERATOR 5 (int4, int2) , FUNCTION 1 (int4, int2) , -- int2 vs int4 OPERATOR 1 (int2, int4) , OPERATOR 2 (int2, int4) , OPERATOR 3 (int2, int4) , OPERATOR 4 (int2, int4) , OPERATOR 5 (int2, int4) , FUNCTION 1 (int2, int4) ; COMPATIBILITY
There is no ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CREATE OPERATOR FAMILY [create_operator_family(7)], DROP OPERATOR FAMILY [drop_operator_family(7)], CREATE OPERATOR CLASS [create_opera- tor_class(7)], ALTER OPERATOR CLASS [alter_operator_class(7)], DROP OPERATOR CLASS [drop_operator_class(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY(7)