Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RHEL Package download
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RHEL Package download Post 302879661 by sri243 on Friday 13th of December 2013 03:10:15 PM
Old 12-13-2013
Linux RHEL Package download

Hi All,

I am a Solaris administartor. I got in to a probelm with RHEL.

I thought someone can help me on this forum ..

Can we download/install packages on a Redhat server with yum with out registering on RHEL network or website ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

mpif90 download on RHEL

Hi, I have installed mpif77 (a parallel wrapper for the fortran compiler g77) on my dual processor dual core workstation which has RHEL 4 as OS. This compiles and runs just fine. Now I want to install mpif90 which is the f95 version of mpif77 (I think?). At the moment I am using the 'ifort'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: The_Watcher
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Add/Remove package in RHEL 5 !

Friends , I cannot upgrade or add any package in RHEL 5 using 'package manager' GUI tools . When I run the 'package manager' tool then in BROWSE tab , it shows nothing . I try it inserting the RHEL5 DVD in the DVD-Rom . But the condition is the same . Would anybody plz tell me , How can I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
4 Replies

3. AIX

How to compile a package in AIX when we download its source?

How to compile a package surce in AIX when we download its source? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Download same package as installed

Hi gurus, how to (just) download already installed package ? I tried sudo apt-get -d install putty but gives me Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done putty is already the newest version. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

Questions About RHEL 6, CentOS 5.5 download and install

Hi, I have some questions about RHEL and CentOS download and installation. (1) Is RHEL6.0 x86_64 beta downloaded from Red Hat site working fine? (2) Where to download CentOS 5.5 DVD iso without using BitTorrent? (3) What are the differences between these two images - CentOS 5.5 i386 and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Which Solaris 11 download package to use

Hi, One quick question: Which download package should I use to install the whole Solaris 11 OS? Can I use the Text Install package that is only 400 MB? or I need to use the Solaris 11 11/11 Repository Image package? I am in hurry to do it but somewhat confused here. Thank you in advance! ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Tcpreplay package official download

Hi im looking for the official rpm of that package for redhat 7 all that i found is this: RPM RedHat EL 7 tcpreplay 4.1.0 x86_64 rpm is that the correct one? looks likes a fedora one (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Require xrdp package for RHEL 7.3

I require to install xrdp for remote desktop access of my linux server (RHEL 7.3).I searched a lot for it in google, but not able to find any suitable package for the same.One post I have found where the server where I am need to connect the server in Internet.But it is not possible for me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
2 Replies
yumdownloader(1)														  yumdownloader(1)

NAME
yumdownloader - download RPM packages from Yum repositories SYNOPSIS
yumdownloader [options] package1 [package2...] DESCRIPTION
yumdownloader is a program for downloading RPMs from Yum repositories. GENERAL OPTIONS
-h, --help Help; display a help message and then quit. --destdir DIR Specify a destination directory for the download. Defaults to the current directory. --urls Instead of downloading RPMs, list the URLs that would be downloaded. --resolve When downloading RPMs, resolve dependencies and also download the required packages. --source Instead of downloading the binary RPMs, download the source RPMs. --archlist=ARCH1[,ARCH2...] Limit the query to packages of given architecture(s). Valid values are all architectures known to rpm/yum such as 'i386' and 'src' for source RPMS. Note that repoquery will now change yum's "arch" to the first value in the archlist. So "--archlist=i386,i686" will change yum's canonical arch to i386, but allow packages of i386 and i686. ADDITIONAL OPTIONS
Yumdownloader inherits all other options from yum. See the yum(8) man page for more information EXAMPLES
Download the kernel RPM to /var/tmp: yumdownloader --destdir /var/tmp kernel List the URL for the kernel and kernel-smp RPMs: yumdownloader --urls kernel kernel-smp FILES
As yumdownloader uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Gijs Hollestelle 28 November 2005 yumdownloader(1)