Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Unable to delete iscsi target Post 302879553 by fretagi on Friday 13th of December 2013 04:03:11 AM
Old 12-13-2013
Unable to delete iscsi target

Hi

I have already used that command and failed as you can see, in my first post

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Iscsi - target + initiator on the same host.

Hi all iscsiadm / iscsitadm. Ive created two devices on a host. # iscsitadm list target Target: 1-disk0 iSCSI Name: iqn.1986-03.com.sun:02:f105ddf3-52a4-ed7a-9590-c3d354b8fc32.1-disk0 Connections: 1 Target: 1-disk1 iSCSI Name:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How do I breakdown the Target (tx) part of a cXtXdX Iscsi device?

Hello, I am trying to breakdown the cXtXdX (specifically tX) part of an iscsi device. I know in the fibre SAN world, this tX will usually be a combination of the path to device/device WWN. From what I understand in iscsi world it is similar, breaking down into... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashful
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LTO2 tape drive as iSCSI target

I'm using Bacula as my backup system, with full backups going to an LTO2 tape drive, while differentials and incrementals go to a disk array on my main server, babylon4. The tape drive is currently attached to a separate machine, because babylon4 does not have a SCSI controller, nor a free PCI-X... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phil Stracchino
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Can You Mount FAT32 iSCSI Target in Solaris 10 (sparc)?

I get "mount: I/O error" when trying to mount an existing FAT32 iSCSI target. I also tried formatting the iSCSI target with fdisk and got fdisk: "Error in ioctl DKIOCSMBOOT" Details -- According to the format command, the whole disk is allocated to slice 6 and /dev/rdsk shows this as:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctafret
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can You Mount FAT32 iSCSI Target in Solaris 10 (sparc)?

I get "mount: I/O error" when trying to mount an existing FAT32 iSCSI target. I also tried formatting the iSCSI target with fdisk and got fdisk: "Error in ioctl DKIOCSMBOOT" Details -- According to the format command, the whole disk is allocated to slice 6 and /dev/rdsk shows this as:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ctafret
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

target string to delete

Hi all, I have a text file with a lot of records. In each records I have tags like this: =952 \\$aBNCS-CH\\$bBNCS-CH\\$h1989\\$oBNCS-CH0000001\\$pBNCS-CH0000001\\$yJNL =952 \\$aBNCS-C.UNIV\\$bBNCS-C.UNIV\\$h1974-77.\\$oBNCS-C.UNIV0000001\\$pBNCS-C.UNIV0000001\\$yJNL =952... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldiaz2106
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete from target a LUN that is mounted on initiator

hi all, i'm new here and i have a question, i wanted to know, what should happen if i delete a LUN that is already mounted on one of my initiators. thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slavash
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

After adding new iscsi target port, still the session state of that target port is showing offline

Hi, I wanted to configure new iscsi port on HPUX system, i added the target port address and configured it, once done, went to array side and searched for that host iqn number , but was nt able to find the same, came to host, then when i ran "iscsiutil -pVS" command it gave me below result ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinay Kumar D
0 Replies

9. Linux

How to boot iSCSI target from console linux?

I need boot any images from iSCSI and I'd like to boot from linux console of a previous LiveCD booted. Is possible, without gpxe, ipxe firmware or similar? With a simple iSCSI initiator for example? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spark2k06
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync with --delete but do not delete peer dirs on target

rsync with --delete won't honor the delete if the source is something/*. I want the delete to work, but not to delete directories on the target that are peer to the intended directory. For example, using these source and target file structures: Source on desktop: ~/ Money/ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JavaMeister
4 Replies
ISCSI.CONF(5)							File Formats Manual						     ISCSI.CONF(5)

NAME
iscsi.conf - iSCSI Target and LUN configuration SYNOPSIS
/etc/iscsi.conf DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the format of the /etc/iscsi.conf file. This file is a simple text file that iscsid(8) uses to locate iSCSI tar- get devices and LUNs. Comments are marked by lines beginning with '#'. Available entries include: DiscoveryAddress=<address> IP address or hostname to use for target discovery. A TCP port number may be specified by appending a colon followed by the port number. This entry must start in the first column, and must not contain any whitespace. TargetIpAddr=<address> A synonym for DiscoveryAddress. Username=<user> Specify the authentication user. If this entry precedes all DiscoveryAddress entries, it serves as the default. If this entry is indented under a DiscoveryAddress entry, it specifies the user for all targets discovered at that IP address. Password=<pass> Specify the authentication password for the previously listed iSCSI If this entry precedes all DiscoveryAddress entries, it serves as the default. If this entry is indented under a DiscoveryAddress entry, it specifies the user for all targets discovered at that IP address. EXAMPLE
# set the default user and password Username=alice Password=nty57nbe # targets at this address will use the default Username and Password DiscoveryAddress=192.168.10.94 # targets at this address will use the Username and Password below DiscoveryAddress=192.168.10.95 Username=beatrice Password=93fdgc20 NOTES
The iSCSI initiator drivers, README files, and example configuration files are available on the Linux-iSCSI homepage at: http://linux-iscsi.sourceforge.com <http://linux-iscsi.sourceforge.com> FILES
/etc/iscsi.conf iSCSI Target and LUN configuration SEE ALSO
iscsid(8) $Revision: 1.9 $ $Date: 2002/09/19 20:00:32 $ ISCSI.CONF(5)