Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: On £ symbol
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting On £ symbol Post 302879541 by HemaV on Friday 13th of December 2013 01:48:40 AM
Old 12-13-2013
After loading data into text file through Datastage jobs, in Unix prompt I'm seeing pound symbol representation as £ whereas in Datastage when I view data I'm seeing value as £ and  value is not seen in tool.

What is this representation of pound symbol called?

Thanks in Advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unresolved symbol ???

when I make ncftp 111.111.1.2 I just get problems like ... /usr/lib/dld.sl unresolved symbol:inet_ntop (code) does anybody know what is the problem and how to solve this? thx.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svennie
2 Replies

2. Programming

no symbol table

Hi@all, I try to compile c code on hpux 11.11 pa-risc 2 with gcc (32bit). I compile with the option -g, so that I get the symbol table, but it is not available. Does someone knows something on this? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dom_Cyrus
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The > symbol

Hi guys, Im new to unix; I have a problem at hand. Somehow at the terminal, I lost the command prompt, instead I get a ">" symbol. Anything I type in does me no good. What do you recommend? Thank you for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csb
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append with TM symbol

I have a file with delimiter ";" and 2 columns for eg: Transparent; ScotchPro™ If you see carefully you can see a special character "TM" at the end of data which is not showing up when I read the data in a regular sequential file. Did anyone anytime tackle this kind of Data. Please advice.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
1 Replies

5. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbol reference

Hi, test -d .ssh || mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh The command has couple of symbols, could someone redirect me to the link, where i can understand their significance. Thanks, John (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john_prince
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Words after / symbol

Hi, I have the following directory: /home/dragon/websphere/cells/profile/imp/001/ I want to put this in a shell script and get the values before and after cells by removing the '/' Any idea how to make this possible? Regards, Dinesh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

caret symbol

Hi! I need to know where is the caret symbol (^) on the keyboard. I press Shift+6 and does not appear!! Thank you very much. Removed email address - all should benefit of an answer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: labultet
1 Replies

9. Programming

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies
dump(1) 							   User Commands							   dump(1)

NAME
dump - dump selected parts of an object file SYNOPSIS
dump [-aCcfghLorstV [-p]] [ -T index [ , indexn]] filename... dump [ -afhorstL [-p] [v]] filename... dump [ -hsr [-p] [ -d number [ , numbern]]] filename... dump [ -hsrt [-p] [-n name]] filename... DESCRIPTION
The dump utility dumps selected parts of each of its object file arguments. The dump utility is best suited for use in shell scripts, whereas the elfdump(1) command is recommended for more human-readable output. OPTIONS
This utility will accept both object files and archives of object files. It processes each file argument according to one or more of the following options: -a Dumps the archive header of each member of an archive. -c Dumps the string table(s). -C Dumps decoded C++ symbol table names. -f Dumps each file header. -g Dumps the global symbols in the symbol table of an archive. -h Dumps the section headers. -L Dumps dynamic linking information and static shared library information, if available. -o Dumps each program execution header. -r Dumps relocation information. -s Dumps section contents in hexadecimal. -t Dumps symbol table entries. -T index Dumps only the indexed symbol table entry defined by index or a range of entries defined by index1,index2. -T index1,index2 -V Prints version information. The following modifiers are used in conjunction with the options listed above to modify their capabilities. -d number Dumps the section number indicated by number or the range of sections starting at number1 and ending at number2. -d number1,number2 This modifier can be used with -h, -s, and -r. When -d is used with -h or -s, the argument is treated as the number of a section or range of sections. When -d is used with -r, the argument is treated as the number of the section or range of sections to which the relocation applies. For example, to print out all relocation entries associated with the .text section, specify the number of the section as the argument to -d. If .text is section number 2 in the file, dump -r -d 2 will print all associated entries. To print out a specific relocation section, use dump -s -n name for raw data output, or dump -sv -n name for interpreted output. -n name Dumps information pertaining only to the named entity. This modifier can be used with -h, -s, -r, and -t. When -n is used with -h or -s, the argument will be treated as the name of a section. When -n is used with -t or -r, the argument will be treated as the name of a symbol. For example, dump -t -n .text will dump the symbol table entry associated with the symbol whose name is .text, where dump -h -n .text will dump the section header information for the .text section. -p Suppresses printing of the headings. -v Dumps information in symbolic representation rather than numeric. This modifier can be used with -a (date, user id, group id) -f (class, data, type, machine, version, flags) -h (type, flags) -L (value) -o (type, flags) -r (name, type) -s (interpret section contents wherever possible) -t (type, bind) When -v is used with -s, all sections that can be interpreted, such as the string table or symbol table, will be interpreted. For example, dump -sv -n .symtab filename... will produce the same formatted output as dump -tv file- name..., but dump -s -n .symtab filename... will print raw data in hexadecimal. Without additional modifiers, dump -sv filename... will dump all sections in the files, interpreting all those that it can and dumping the rest (such as .text or .data) as raw data. The dump utility attempts to format the information it dumps in a meaningful way, printing certain information in character, hexadecimal, octal, or decimal representation as appropriate. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbtool | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
elfdump(1), nm(1), ar.h(3HEAD), a.out(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2002 dump(1)