Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network performance changes
Operating Systems AIX Network performance changes Post 302879357 by -=XrAy=- on Thursday 12th of December 2013 05:06:53 AM
Old 12-12-2013
Hi,

I found and used a nice guide for our network setup.

In our environment a inter-lpar scp -c arcfour copies a file with nearly 80MB/s.

Regards

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Network performance problem between AIX and SUN ethernet gigabit

I am posting this as an FYI. I burned a lot of time on digging for this solution. The problem was performance between newer AIX p series boxes and a sun 4500 with a fiber nic. I tried many misc. solutions but this turned out to fix the issue. My bandwidth benchmark went from around 20MB/sec to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chuckw
1 Replies

2. Linux

Wireless network card performance

I am running FC4: Linux maincomp 2.6.13-1.1532_FC4smp I recently changed the OS from windows XP, and have a feeling that for some reason my wireless network card is slower on Fedora Core 4. The Belkin PCI 802.11b card was automatically detected and configured by FC4 when I installed the OS,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
0 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Announcing collectl - new performance linux performance monitor

About 4 years ago I wrote this tool inspired by Rob Urban's collect tool for DEC's Tru64 Unix. What makes this tool as different as collect was in its day is its ability to run at a low overhead and collect tons of stuff. I've expanded the general concept and even include data not available in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkSeger
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network performance problem

I have a Teradata Machine, using MP-RAS Unix, with a 1000 Intel Ethernet card and a Cisco switch. If I configure the ethernet card and the switch to auto, so they negotiate to 1000, or configure the ethernet card and switch manually to 1000Full or 100Full, the velocity is very very low. Only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cuatrodos
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 11.1 Slow Network Performance

I have identical M5000 machines that are needing to transfer very large amounts of data between them. These are fully loaded machines, and I've already checked IO, memory usage, etc... I get poor network performance even when the machines are idle or copying via loopback. The 10 GB NICs are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies
UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux					    UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)

NAME
update-rcconf-guide - Create default guide file for rcconf SYNOPSIS
update-rcconf-guide DESCRIPTION
Update-rcconf-guide creates the default guide file which rcconf uses. Update-rcconf-guide searches the package names corresponding to each service file in /etc/init.d directory from dpkg info files(/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list) and get the description of these packages using apt-cache. Update-rcconf-guide uses Short-Description in priority to the description if service files has Short-Description field. Update-rcconf-guide writes those results to /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default file. You can write your own guide in user guide file(/var/lib/rcconf/guide) by hand. Rcconf refers Guides in /var/lib/rcconf/guide before those in /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default. If you install some packages after executed update-rcconf-guide, you need to re-create this file using update-rcconf-guide so as to refresh guide.default that includes new guides for installed new services. Notice: update-rcconf-guide was not executed when you installed rcconf package. FILE
/var/lib/rcconf/guide.default Guide File update-rcconf-guide generates. /var/lib/rcconf/guide Guide File user(Administrator) can define. SEE ALSO
rcconf(8) AUTHOR
Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.org> perl v5.10.1 2009-01-21 UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)