Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Discover unique names and organize Post 302879308 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 11th of December 2013 06:33:48 PM
Old 12-11-2013
A more robust variant that can take the directory as parameter:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
d=_
mask="rv*$d*"
if [ -n "$1" ]
then
  cd "$1" || exit
fi
prevdir=""
for file in $mask
do
  [ -f "$file" ] || continue
  dir=${file%%$d*}
  [ "$dir" != "$prevdir" ] && mkdir -p "$dir"
  mv "$file" "$dir"/
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get List of Unique File Names

I have a large directory of web pages. I am doing a search through the web pages using grep and would like to get a list of unique file names of search results. The following command works fine to give me a list of file names where term appears: grep -l term *.html However, since these are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjulich
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organize of Data

Hello Expert, I am new in awk. I would like to know how to arrange data like Input File: lpar1 1 2 3 4 5 6 lpar10 4 5 6 lpar3 4 5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shah09
3 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Organize (pretty) code

I'm looking for terminal programs, which organize and pretty code like HTML or JavaScript. Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:49 AM ---------- Found this Online javascript beautifier (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borobudur
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help for a script to organize data

Hey all, I have a file with info like this 12:05:44 DEV001 (15F6) 71 5 1372 131 58 100 6 0 17 DEV002 (15FA) 60 0 928 15 50 N/A 2 N/A 5 DEV003 (15FE) 77 2 961 59 51 100 1 0 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo.maveriick
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change unique file names into new unique filenames

I have 84 files with the following names splitseqs.1, spliseqs.2 etc. and I want to change the .number to a unique filename. E.g. change splitseqs.1 into splitseqs.7114_1#24 and change spliseqs.2 into splitseqs.7067_2#4 So all the current file names are unique, so are the new file names.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avonm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in each row of a specific column using awk

Is it possible to remove redundant names in the 4th column? input cqWE 100 200 singapore;singapore AZO 300 400 brazil;america;germany;ireland;germany .... .... output cqWE 100 200 singapore AZO 300 400 brazil;america;germany;ireland (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in a specific column using awk

Is it possible to modify file like this. 1. Remove all the duplicate names in a define column i.e 4th col 2. Count the no.of unique names separated by ";" and print as a 5th col thanx in advance!! Q input c1 30 3 Eh2 c10 96 3 Frp c41 396 3 Ua5;Lop;Kol;Kol c62 2 30 Fmp;Fmp;Fmp ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to organize bash_profile across different platforms

I want to have one .bash_profile works on multiple platform, ubuntu, debian, redhat, cygwin, osx. So how should I organize .bash_profile? It can be multiple files in some subdir Let me brief you: what i want is a way to organize bash_profile across platforms so I can use one set of profiles... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John_Peter
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed awk: split a large file to unique file names

Dear Users, Appreciate your help if you could help me with splitting a large file > 1 million lines with sed or awk. below is the text in the file input file.txt scaffold1 928 929 C/T + scaffold1 942 943 G/C + scaffold1 959 960 C/T +... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapr0001
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organize output with awk

Hello, maybe someone could help me with this. I'm trying to print in a more ordered way this input. the input file is: AB XY UT ZW PRAT 0 3 4 7214800 93 0 3 4 730770 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
8 Replies
runsvchdir(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     runsvchdir(8)

NAME
runsvchdir - change services directory of runsvdir(8) SYNOPSIS
runsvchdir dir DESCRIPTION
dir is a services directory for the use with runsvdir(8). If dir does not start with a slash, it is searched in /etc/runit/runsvdir/. dir must not start with a dot. runsvchdir switches to the directory /etc/runit/runsvdir/, copies current to previous, and replaces current with a symlink pointing to dir. Normally /etc/service is a symlink to current, and runsvdir(8) is running /etc/service/. EXIT CODES
runsvchdir prints an error message and exits 111 on error. runsvchdir exits 0 on success. FILES
/etc/runit/runsvdir/previous /etc/runit/runsvdir/current /etc/runit/runsvdir/current.new SEE ALSO
runsvdir(8), runit(8), runit-init(8), sv(8), runsv(8) http://smarden.org/runit/ AUTHOR
Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> runsvchdir(8)