Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Accepting a phrase and counting the number of times that it is repeated in a specific website Post 302879278 by RudiC on Wednesday 11th of December 2013 03:23:40 PM
Old 12-11-2013
So - what's your question? Your snippet should do the job. You might want to consider grep's c option.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting Number of times a File is accessed

Hi, I need to count the number of times a script is accessed from within the script. Is it possible ? Example: I have a script called lo.sh and i execute the script for the first time, then the counter variable declared inside the lo.sh should increment by 1. For every execution the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pathanjalireddy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how many times does this repeated sequence exist

need a script to determine daily how many times does the below repeated sequence exist in a log file, and if it shows failure to connect in the same file 200 PORT Command successful. 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for rgr016.daily.0305. 226 Transfer complete. local: rgr016.daily.0306... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lichento
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting the number of times a character appears

I am looking for a bash command that counts the number of times a character appears in a file. For example "I am a newbie, trying to learn shell script". Then the command counts the number of e and gives them as 4. Also I want one that counts the number of times a character in a string is replaced.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: #moveon
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a word specific number of times

Hi All, I wanted to know if there is a shell command to print a word n number of times The Input File is : Cat 4 Bat 3 Zall 1 Kite 2 Output File required is : Cat Cat Cat Cat Bat Bat Bat Zall Kite (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_2921
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To get the total of how many times the pattern is repeated.

Hi, I need the total of how many times the pattern is being repeated in a particular file. I tried with grep as below, but no go. grep -c best sample Contents of Sample file: ----------------------- This is the best site I have never come across. The best one indeed. Very best... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting column if above certain values and repeated over a number of times continuously

Hi I am new to the forum and would like to ask: i have a file in form with thousands of column id.1 A01 A01 A68 A68 id.2 A5 A5 A3 A3 1001 0 0 0.136 0.136 1002 0 0 0.262 0.183 1003 0 0 0.662 0.662 1004 0 0 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbeeuk
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the lines which are repeated 3 times in a file?

Hello All, I have a file which has repeated lines. I want to print the lines which are repeated three times. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting number of times content in columns occurs in other files

I need to figure out how many times a location (columns 1 and 2) is present within a group of files. I figured using a combination of 'while read' and 'grep' I could count the number of instances but its not working for me. cat file.txt | while read line do grep $line *08-new.txt | wc -l... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Export lines that have first entry repeated 5 times or above

Dears i want to extract lines only that have first entry repeated 3 times or above , ex data : -bash-3.00$ cat INTCONT-IS.CSV M205-00-106_AMDRN:1-0-6-22,12-662-4833,intContact,2016-11-15 02:32:16,50 M205-00-106_AMDRN:1-0-23-17,12-616-0462,intContact,2016-11-15 02:32:23,50... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: is2_egypt
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines which has been repeated 4 times

Remove duplicate lines which has been repeated 4 times attached test.txt below command tried and not getting expect output. for i in `cat test.txt | uniq` do num=`cat test.txt | grep $i | wc -l` echo $i $num done test.txt ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalia
17 Replies
ecppl(1)							Tntnet users guide							  ecppl(1)

NAME
ecppl - language-extractor for ecpp SYNOPSIS
ecppl [-I dir] [-ln] [-o output-filename] ecpp-filename DESCRIPTION
Ecppl is the language-extractor for ecpp. Ecpp - the template-language used with tntnet - supports internationalized applications. In ecpp-templates a tag <i18n> changes the meaning of curly braces. A phrase, which is enclosed in curly braces, can be translated. At run- time the phrase is looked up in a language-library. This mode can be quit with the tag </i18n>. Phrases must not have newlines or tabs. Every phrase, which is marked as translatable, is extracted with ecppl and written to standard output or to a specified output-filename line by line. OPTIONS
-I dir Search include-files in directory. This option can be passed multiple times. All specified directories are searched in turn for include-files. -l Extract language-phrases (the default) -n Extract non-language-phrases -o filename Specify output filename AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Tommi Makitalo <tommi@tntnet.org>. SEE ALSO
tntnet(1), ecpp(7), ecppll(1). Tntnet 2006-08-26 ecppl(1)