Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Little help with rsync --exclude Post 302879097 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 10th of December 2013 11:53:57 AM
Old 12-10-2013
Maybe the order is wrong? All options first:
Code:
rsync $OPTS --exclude 'processes*' --exclude 'uninstall*' /cis/cloverleaf/cis6.0/integrator/ $REMHOST:/home/hci/rsync/integrator > $ERRFILE 2>&1

Also be as precise as possible to not have unwanted matches.
E.g. --exclude '/processes*' --exclude '/uninstall*'
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating and using a /.rsync/exclude

Hello all, Everyone has been awesome assisting with my rsync script... Now I want to clean it up. I think the best way for me to exclude many files might be to use a rsync exclude file. So in my script I add So now then, here is my .rsync/exclude... So what is happening is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync - exclude statement not working

hey all, i'm trying to rsync some dir's and files between servers and i've added an exclude statement, but it still goes out and tries to rsync the directory. I've tried the following: --exclude="/export/home/zones/lab" as well as: --exclude=/export/home/zones/lab and also:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: em23
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls exclude pattern

Hello, With ls *.html I am getting all the files ending with html; what would be the best why to get all the files not ending with html? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync exclude option

Hi Frdz, i am using rsync to transfer files from source to destination. but i have one criteria like i have to tranfer only links from source to destination. in home/test/po folder i have kiran/test1 -> /home/test/lo/fg kiran/test2 -> /home/test/lo/fg2 like links are available.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

[Solved] Using Find with an exclude/exclude file

I am familiar with using tar and exclude/include files: tar zcf backup.dirs.tgz --files-from=include.mydirs --exclude-from=exclude.mydirs --no-recursion but was wondering if I could use find in the same way. I know that you can just specify the directories to exclude but my list is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude a file or not in

Hi Gurus. I have a directory and i receive many files with extension .log. I processed the file as i get it. i want to process all the files except one which i know i don't want to process. cd /backup/temp/rajesh/PACS #--- directory , under this i have below files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exclude txt file in rsync

Hi Folks, I'm using rsync on Solaris 10 to backup a web server and need to exclude the cache and tmp directories. The man pages and google on rsync --exclude are ambiguous but I have tried--exclude=".*" and --exclude/remote_server/absolute_path with success only on the tmp files. Rather than make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmokeyJoe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Du exclude in Solaris

How do you exclude a filesystem using du command in solaris? for example /proc Tried this but its not working du -sk -d /* --exclude=/proc | sort -nr | cut -f2 | xargs du -sh | head - (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jinslick25
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync exclude & include?

hi I have a few folders and a few files , for example Directory A B C D E Files 1 2 3 4 5 I want B directory and "2" File that does not sync But other directories and file sync What is the solution ? Is there a way to sync time is under one minute? os centos 6.8 thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
set directory to new epoch(1m)											    set directory to new epoch(1m)

NAME
set directory to new epoch - Reconstructs a directory's replica set, allowing you to designate a new master replica or to exclude a replica SYNOPSIS
cdscp set directory directory-name to new epoch master clearinghouse-name [readonly clearinghouse-name...] [exclude clearinghouse-name...] ARGUMENTS
The full name of the directory. The full name of the clearinghouse in which an individual replica is located. The first clearinghouse- name specifies where the master replica is stored. DESCRIPTION
The set directory to new epoch command reconstructs a directory's replica set, allowing you to designate a new master replica or to exclude a replica. You must list each existing replica and indicate whether an existing replica needs to be included in or excluded from the new replica set. You can include or exclude more than one replica. The ellipses (...) indicates that you can specify multiple clearinghouse names, separated by spaces. When you set a new epoch on a directory, you must disable the clearinghouse containing the replica that is being excluded. To do this, use the disable server command (if the server has more than one clearinghouse, all its clearinghouses will be disabled). Note that all clear- inghouses that are not excluded must be enabled and available before you issue the disable server command. Privilege Required You must have administer permission to the directory, and the server principal needs administer, read, and write permission to the direc- tory. When designating a new master replica, you also need write permission to the clearinghouse that stores the new master replica, and the server principal needs write permission to each clearinghouse where the replica type is changed to read-only. NOTE
This command may be replaced in future releases by the dcecp command, and may no longer be supported at that time. EXAMPLE
The following command sets a new epoch for the directory /.:/mfg. The master replica is in the clearinghouse /.:/Paris1_CH, and read-only replicas are in the clearinghouses /.:/Chicago1_CH, /.:/Seattle_CH, and /.:/NY1_CH. The new replica set excludes the replica in the clear- inghouse /.:/NY1_CH. cdscp> set directory /.:/mfg to new epoch master /.:/Paris1_CH > readonly /.:/Chicago1_CH /.:/Seattle_CH exclude /.:/NY1_CH RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: set directory to skulk(1m), show directory(1m), show replica(1m) set directory to new epoch(1m)