Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun V445 hangs before {0} ok prompt Post 302879068 by usmanijaz101 on Tuesday 10th of December 2013 09:49:53 AM
Old 12-10-2013
@hicksd8 : not actually through some website I came to know the last 8 digits of chasis no. are also used as default password sometimes, so that is why I mentioned default password"s". and yes I tried it all. and after your advice I tried "Admin" as login with no password ("") and got rejected again.

@DukeNuke2 : Yeah solaris was installed and working perfect before I rebooted the machine coz it became inaccessible remotely (a very big mistake though :P), and now em stuck at this "starting RTC".

Well my point was that all hardware tests have been passed in POST as shown in output, so whats making the machine hung at "starting RTC", and now what shoud I do, as I am unable to get access to any prompt...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Jumpstart Solaris 8 on Sun Blade 150 Hangs

We had to replace a hard drive in one of our Sun Blade 150s, but now it hangs during the Jumpstart. It will show 1 or 2 Timeout for ARP/RARP messages and then start the spinning numbers. It always stops at 2ae00 and just hangs there. We have 1 combined jumpstart server and it is also our NIS+... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stottsja
5 Replies

2. Solaris

How to get to a OK prompt on new SUN T5140

Hi, I have a brand new SUN T5140 machine. I am trying to install Solaris 10 on the box. When I go to the machine using a KVM session I can see a blank screen , how can I get to the OK prompt to start the installation. Thanks, Suresh (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
10 Replies

3. Solaris

How to get to the OK prompt without Sun keyboard

Hi all, I have just replaced the HDD on a Ultra 5 Spark machine, now I need to reinstall Solaris 9. The problem is: how do I get to the OK prompt without a Sun keyboard in order to boot from CD? At moment when I power on the machine I get the following error: Timeout Waiting for ARP/RARP... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sspirito
13 Replies

4. Solaris

XSCF prompt disappeared, Sun M5000

Hi, I've got an issue here: After I logon to the xscf prompt of this Sun M5000 and did 'XSCF> version -c xcp', the xscf prompt disappeared. I can't get it back and can't log out. exit rebootxscf logout #. #> #> ~# ~# exit sendbreak exit I tried to set the Mode Switch to the service... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

5. Solaris

V445 unable to boot because of an error

This is what is displayed on the screen as the system tries to boot and then hangs: 0>Test CPU(s)....Done 0>Interrupt Crosscall....| SC Alert: DHCP negotiation failed, perhaps misconfigured or no DHCP server avail able Done 0>Init Memory....| SC Alert: Host System has Reset 'Done 0>PLL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenosongo
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Failure to boot v445

Hi Guys, I have a small problem with a v445 which I have been informed will only boot with the reconfigure option enabled. It is attached to HP SAN storage using qla2300 FCA's with a Veritas encapsulated rootvoldg (No Laughing here please) when I try a reboot I get the following error. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Rebuild/Reset to default Sun v445

Hello, I'm quite new to Unix but I've got an old Sun v445 server that was previously used as a backup database server, these have since been moved to new hardware. The old admin who configured the box has since retired and left no notes about it, so i have no idea what the root password is and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbajtr
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Install ext DLT Sun Tape drive on V445 Solaris 10

I have a SunFire V445 running Solaris 10 and am adding a Sun DLT tape drive. From the OK prompt the probe-scsi-all does see the drive and it is the proper target of 4. When I do the boot -- -r it does build the /dev/rmt directories correctly and the links to /devices appear correct as well. When I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chastings
8 Replies
netrc(4)							   File Formats 							  netrc(4)

NAME
netrc - file for ftp remote login data DESCRIPTION
The .netrc file contains data for logging in to a remote host over the network for file transfers by ftp(1). This file resides in the user's home directory on the machine initiating the file transfer. Its permissions should be set to disallow read access by group and oth- ers. See chmod(1). Tokens can be separated by SPACE, TAB, or NEWLINE characters. The following tokens are supported: account string Supply an additional account password. If this token is present, the auto-login process supplies the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password. If the remote server does not require an additional account password, the auto-login process initiates an ACCT command. default Same as machine name, except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must be after all machine tokens. The default token is normally used as follows: default login anonymous password user@site Such an entry gives the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. login name Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the auto-login process initiates a login using the specified name. machine name Identify a remote machine name. The auto-login process searches the .netrc file for a machine token that matches the remote machine specified on the ftp command line or as an open command argument. Once a match is made, the subsequent .netrc tokens are processed, stopping when the EOF is reached or another machine token is encountered. macdef name Define a macro. This token functions the same as ftp macdef. A macro is defined with the specified name; its contents begin with the next .netrc line and continue until a null line (consecutive NEWLINE characters) is encountered. If a macro named init is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the auto-login process. password string Supply a password. If this token is present, the auto-login process supplies the specified string if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. If this token is present in the .netrc file, ftp aborts the auto-login process if the .netrc is readable by anyone besides the user. skipsyst Skip the SYST command that is sent by default to all remote servers upon connection. The system command is what enables the automatic use of binary mode rather than the protocol default ascii mode. As some older servers cannot handle the ftp command, this directive is provided to allow inter-operability with these servers. EXAMPLES
Example 1 A Sample .netrc File A .netrc file containing the following line: machine ray login demo password mypassword allows an autologin to the machine ray using the login name demo with password mypassword. FILES
~/.netrc SEE ALSO
chmod(1), ftp(1), in.ftpd(1M) SunOS 5.11 25 Aug 2006 netrc(4)