Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun V445 hangs before {0} ok prompt Post 302879021 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 10th of December 2013 06:59:59 AM
Old 12-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmanijaz101
thanks for the reply though, "#." takes me to ALom login but its an old machine and doesn't have ALom password (i have tried default passwords and they aren't working obviously).
You say that you have tried default passwords but there is only one default password AFAIK. "changeme"

Please confirm you have tried userid/passwd combinations admin/changeme and root/changeme.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Jumpstart Solaris 8 on Sun Blade 150 Hangs

We had to replace a hard drive in one of our Sun Blade 150s, but now it hangs during the Jumpstart. It will show 1 or 2 Timeout for ARP/RARP messages and then start the spinning numbers. It always stops at 2ae00 and just hangs there. We have 1 combined jumpstart server and it is also our NIS+... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stottsja
5 Replies

2. Solaris

How to get to a OK prompt on new SUN T5140

Hi, I have a brand new SUN T5140 machine. I am trying to install Solaris 10 on the box. When I go to the machine using a KVM session I can see a blank screen , how can I get to the OK prompt to start the installation. Thanks, Suresh (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
10 Replies

3. Solaris

How to get to the OK prompt without Sun keyboard

Hi all, I have just replaced the HDD on a Ultra 5 Spark machine, now I need to reinstall Solaris 9. The problem is: how do I get to the OK prompt without a Sun keyboard in order to boot from CD? At moment when I power on the machine I get the following error: Timeout Waiting for ARP/RARP... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sspirito
13 Replies

4. Solaris

XSCF prompt disappeared, Sun M5000

Hi, I've got an issue here: After I logon to the xscf prompt of this Sun M5000 and did 'XSCF> version -c xcp', the xscf prompt disappeared. I can't get it back and can't log out. exit rebootxscf logout #. #> #> ~# ~# exit sendbreak exit I tried to set the Mode Switch to the service... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

5. Solaris

V445 unable to boot because of an error

This is what is displayed on the screen as the system tries to boot and then hangs: 0>Test CPU(s)....Done 0>Interrupt Crosscall....| SC Alert: DHCP negotiation failed, perhaps misconfigured or no DHCP server avail able Done 0>Init Memory....| SC Alert: Host System has Reset 'Done 0>PLL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenosongo
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Failure to boot v445

Hi Guys, I have a small problem with a v445 which I have been informed will only boot with the reconfigure option enabled. It is attached to HP SAN storage using qla2300 FCA's with a Veritas encapsulated rootvoldg (No Laughing here please) when I try a reboot I get the following error. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Rebuild/Reset to default Sun v445

Hello, I'm quite new to Unix but I've got an old Sun v445 server that was previously used as a backup database server, these have since been moved to new hardware. The old admin who configured the box has since retired and left no notes about it, so i have no idea what the root password is and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbajtr
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Install ext DLT Sun Tape drive on V445 Solaris 10

I have a SunFire V445 running Solaris 10 and am adding a Sun DLT tape drive. From the OK prompt the probe-scsi-all does see the drive and it is the proper target of 4. When I do the boot -- -r it does build the /dev/rmt directories correctly and the links to /devices appear correct as well. When I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chastings
8 Replies
KRB5-SYNC(8)							     krb5-sync							      KRB5-SYNC(8)

NAME
krb5-sync - Synchronize passwords and status with Active Directory SYNOPSIS
krb5-sync [-d | -e] [-p password] user krb5-sync -f file DESCRIPTION
krb5-sync provides a command-line interface to the same functions provided by the password and status synchronization plugin. It can push a new password to Active Directory (actually, to any password store that supports the Kerberos set-password protocol) or activate or deactivate an account in Active Directory. To synchronize passwords, provide the -p option and specify the password. Note that the password is given on the command line and must be quoted if it contains special characters, and the password will be exposed to any other users on the system where this command is run. This is useful primarily for testing and should not be used with production passwords. Synchronization to Active Directory will be attempted based on the configuration in krb5.conf (see below). To enable or disable an account, provide the -e or -d option respectively. These options can also be provided in conjunction with the -p option to take both actions at once. In either case, user should be the principal name for which these actions should be taken. user may be either unqualified or in the local realm; either way, the Active Directory realm in which to make changes will be taken from the krb5.conf configuration. Alternately, krb5-sync also supports processing actions from a file. To do this, use the -f flag and give the file on the command line. The format of the file should be as follows: <account> ad password | enable | disable <password> where the fourth line is present only if the <action> is "password". <account> should be the unqualified name of the account. The second line should be the string "ad" to push the change to Windows Active Directory. The third line should be one of "password", "enable", or "disable", corresponding to the -p, -e, and -d options respectively. The "enable" and "disable" actions are only supported for AD. The file format is not particularly forgiving. In particular, all of the keywords are case-sensitive and there must not be any whitespace at the beginning or end of the lines (except in the password, and only if that whitespace is part of the password), just a single newline terminating each line. When the -f option is given, the file will be deleted if the action was successful but left alone if the action failed. The configuration block in krb5.conf should look something like this: krb5-sync = { ad_keytab = /etc/krb5kdc/ad-keytab ad_principal = service/sync@WINDOWS.EXAMPLE.COM ad_realm = WINDOWS.EXAMPLE.COM ad_admin_server = dc1.windows.example.com ad_ldap_base = ou=People } If the configuration required for an action is not given, that action will not be performed but will apparently succeed from the perspective of the krb5-sync utility. Therefore, if this utility reports success but no change is happening, double-check the configuration to ensure that all required options are present. The "ad_keytab" option specifies the location of a keytab for authenticating to the other realm, the "ad_principal" option specifies the principal to authenticate as (using the key in the keytab), and the "ad_realm" option specifies the foreign realm. "ad_admin_server" is the host to contact via LDAP to push account status changes. "ad_ldap_base" specifies the base tree inside Active Directory where account information is stored. Omit the trailing "dc=" part; it will be added automatically from "ad_realm". OPTIONS
-d Disable the specified user in Active Directory. Requires that all of the ad_* options be set in krb5.conf. This option may not be specified at the same time as -e. -e Enable the specified user in Active Directory. Requires that all of the ad_* options be set in krb5.conf. This option may not be specified at the same time as -e. -f file Rather than perform a particular action based on a username given on the command line, read a queue file and take action based on it. The format of the queue file is described above. If the action fails, the file will be left alone. If the action succeeds, the file will be deleted. -p password Change the user's password to password in Active Directory. EXAMPLES
Disable the account "jdoe" in Active Directory (using the AD configuration found in krb5.conf): krb5-sync -d jdoe Change the password of the account "testuser" in Active Directory to "changeme": krb5-sync -p changeme testuser@EXAMPLE.COM The same, except also enable the account in Active Directory: krb5-sync -e -p changeme testuser Note that the realm for the user given on the command line is optional and ignored. Given a file named jdoe-ad-1168560492 containing: jdoe ad password changeme the command: krb5-sync -f jdoe-ad-1168560492 will change jdoe's password to "changeme" in Active Directory and then delete the file. SEE ALSO
The current version of this program is available from its web page at http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/krb5-sync/ <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/krb5-sync/>. AUTHOR
Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> 2.2 2012-01-10 KRB5-SYNC(8)