Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Discover unique names and organize Post 302878958 by balajesuri on Monday 9th of December 2013 10:29:15 PM
Old 12-09-2013
Code:
#! /bin/bash

for x in rv*
do
    dir=${x%%_*}
    [ ! -d $dir ] && mkdir $dir
    mv $x $dir/
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get List of Unique File Names

I have a large directory of web pages. I am doing a search through the web pages using grep and would like to get a list of unique file names of search results. The following command works fine to give me a list of file names where term appears: grep -l term *.html However, since these are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjulich
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organize of Data

Hello Expert, I am new in awk. I would like to know how to arrange data like Input File: lpar1 1 2 3 4 5 6 lpar10 4 5 6 lpar3 4 5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shah09
3 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Organize (pretty) code

I'm looking for terminal programs, which organize and pretty code like HTML or JavaScript. Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:49 AM ---------- Found this Online javascript beautifier (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borobudur
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help for a script to organize data

Hey all, I have a file with info like this 12:05:44 DEV001 (15F6) 71 5 1372 131 58 100 6 0 17 DEV002 (15FA) 60 0 928 15 50 N/A 2 N/A 5 DEV003 (15FE) 77 2 961 59 51 100 1 0 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo.maveriick
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change unique file names into new unique filenames

I have 84 files with the following names splitseqs.1, spliseqs.2 etc. and I want to change the .number to a unique filename. E.g. change splitseqs.1 into splitseqs.7114_1#24 and change spliseqs.2 into splitseqs.7067_2#4 So all the current file names are unique, so are the new file names.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avonm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in each row of a specific column using awk

Is it possible to remove redundant names in the 4th column? input cqWE 100 200 singapore;singapore AZO 300 400 brazil;america;germany;ireland;germany .... .... output cqWE 100 200 singapore AZO 300 400 brazil;america;germany;ireland (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in a specific column using awk

Is it possible to modify file like this. 1. Remove all the duplicate names in a define column i.e 4th col 2. Count the no.of unique names separated by ";" and print as a 5th col thanx in advance!! Q input c1 30 3 Eh2 c10 96 3 Frp c41 396 3 Ua5;Lop;Kol;Kol c62 2 30 Fmp;Fmp;Fmp ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to organize bash_profile across different platforms

I want to have one .bash_profile works on multiple platform, ubuntu, debian, redhat, cygwin, osx. So how should I organize .bash_profile? It can be multiple files in some subdir Let me brief you: what i want is a way to organize bash_profile across platforms so I can use one set of profiles... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John_Peter
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed awk: split a large file to unique file names

Dear Users, Appreciate your help if you could help me with splitting a large file > 1 million lines with sed or awk. below is the text in the file input file.txt scaffold1 928 929 C/T + scaffold1 942 943 G/C + scaffold1 959 960 C/T +... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapr0001
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organize output with awk

Hello, maybe someone could help me with this. I'm trying to print in a more ordered way this input. the input file is: AB XY UT ZW PRAT 0 3 4 7214800 93 0 3 4 730770 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
8 Replies
VMSPREP(LOCAL)															    VMSPREP(LOCAL)

NAME
vmsprep - VMS tape preperation aid SYNOPSIS
vmsprep [-] [name ...] DESCRIPTION
Vmsprep traverses hierarchies of files and prepares them for transportation to VMS. Since ANSI stardard tapes (the VMS standard) do not allow hierarchy, this program provides a method of flattening the hierarchy onto a tape in such a way that it can be unpacked on VMS to recreate the same tree structure. For reasons best not described here, vmsprep will attempt to exclude all RCS and SCCS archives by ignoring all files or directories named 'RCS' or 'SCCS', or files starting with 's.' or ending in ',v'. The output of vmsprep is a pair of files vmsprep.namelist and UNPACK.COM. vmsprep.namelist is a list of files to be placed on the tape in the format required by ansitape. If the first argument is '-' instead of a file or directory name, vmsprep will instead send the namelist to standard output, and place UNPACK.COM in /tmp to avoid attempting to write in the current directory. All of the files except UNPACK.COM will be placed on the tape under cryptic names. UNPACK.COM is a VMS command script which will recreate all of the necessary directories and then move the cryptically named files to their proper place. A typical sequence would be: vmsprep - tree1 tree2 file | ansitape cln trees - Then on a VMS machine mount MFA0: trees copy MFA0:*.*.* * @UNPACK FILES
vmsprep.namelist UNPACK.COM DIAGNOSTICS
A warning is reported if a file or directory name contains a character not permitted in VMS names. The offending character is replaced by 'Z' and vmsprep continues. SEE ALSO
ansitape(l) BUGS
Extra periods in file names may not be dealt with optimally. All files and directories to be moved must be descendants of the current working directory. Absolute path names and paths containing ".." will produce unpredictable results. Since vmsprep uses find(1) internally, it does not follow symbolic links. The exclusion of RCS and SCCS files should be controlled by a command line flag. Assumes VMS v4.0 or greater for long file names. 4/10/85 UCB Local VMSPREP(LOCAL)