Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Has anyone ever compiled Linux soley using the intel compilers Post 302878954 by surrealdeal on Monday 9th of December 2013 09:23:17 PM
Old 12-09-2013
Has anyone ever compiled Linux soley using the intel compilers

A while ago I heard that a group of people did this, but the internet changes, and I can no longer find the relevant sources or hearsay.

Is this even possible?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

oracle db on linux on intel 200

hi all, i wanted to have a linux box. And then an oracle db running on it all on a intel 200mhz. the purpose is so that i can have real experience in administering the database and linux as well.. the main thought is that its fine if i crashed it as it will not hamper any business... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
5 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Intel Benchmark Test: Linux Goes to 600,000

For story: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=75&ncid=738&e=9&u=/nf/20030606/tc_nf/21680 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

Dual Intel Xeon 2.4Ghz - Linux 2.4.26 SMP

System: CPU/Speed: Dual Intel Xeon 2.4Ghz Ram: 2 GB DDR 266 SDRAM Motherboard: SuperMicro X5DE8-GG Bus: 533MHz/400MHz system bus - Cache: 512KB HD Controller: EIDE Serverworks™ GC-SL Chipset Extra GCC compiler flags: -s... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

4. Linux

gcc compiled executable not working across x86_64 linux platforms

Hi I compiled a hello world program on two different 64-bit Linux machines, named quimby and node0331. When I compile on quimby and run on node0331 I get a "Floating exception (core dumped)" error. But if I do it in reverse, things work fine. Here's my compilation on quimby: $ uname -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: same1290
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how linux get install on intel as well as other processors.

I am beginner to os world. Is OS dependent on hardware()? i guess yes. then how linux get install on intel as well as other processors? Is there any unix os for intel processors? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet2kris
3 Replies

6. Programming

Compilers to be used on Linux box to build C & C++

Hallo, Recently I have started working on a Linux box it has a default compilers.I tried to build a simple code using the default compilers. compilers installed is at /usr/bin/cc When I used same compilers to compile a C++ code error message is appearing.Then I tried to compile same code using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milindb
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a program compiled on Unix (HPUX) work on Linux

I am trying to make an application which works on unix to work on linux. I already tried copying the binary files and start it up but I am getting an error stating "Cannot execute binary file". Then I tried to recompile but i am getting an error whenever I tried to recompile. I am getting the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khestoi
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix/linux on HP(INTEL INSIDE) LAPTOP.

Please inform me on how to install unix/Linus on hp(Intel inside) lap top computer, with windows xp inside. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: princektwo
2 Replies
SUP-RECOVER-SOURCES(1)					      General Commands Manual					    SUP-RECOVER-SOURCES(1)

NAME
sup-recover-sources - rebuild a lost Sup source configuration file SYNOPSIS
sup-recover-sources [options] [source uri...] DESCRIPTION
Rebuilds a lost sources.yaml file by reading messages from a list of sources and determining, for each source, the most prevalent 'source_id' field of messages from that source in the index. The only non-deterministic component to this is that if the same message appears in multiple sources, those sources may be mis-diagnosed by this program. If the first N messages (--scan-num below) all have the same source_id in the index, the source will be added to sources.yaml. Otherwise, the distribution will be printed, and you will have to add it by hand. The offset pointer into the sources will be set to the end of the source, so you will have to run sup-import --rebuild for each new source after doing this. OPTIONS
--unusual Mark sources as 'unusual'. Only usual sources will be polled by hand (default: false) --archive Mark sources as 'archive'. New messages from these sources will not appear in the inbox (default: false) --scan-num N Number of messages to scan per source (default: 10) -h, --help Show help message FILES
$HOME/.sup/sources.yaml Configuration file for Sup mail sources SEE ALSO
sup-mail(1), sup-config(1), sup-add(1), sup-import(1) AUTHOR
Sup was written by William Morgan <wmorgan-sup@masanjin.net>. This manual page was written by Per Andersson <avtobiff@gmail.com> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 9, 2012 SUP-RECOVER-SOURCES(1)