Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Little help with rsync --exclude Post 302878891 by B_ROX on Monday 9th of December 2013 11:54:38 AM
Old 12-09-2013
Little help with rsync --exclude

Loving the rsync command and beginning to write some scripts with it.
However I'm hung up on the --exclude function.

Script is tested and works great BEFORE I put the --omit in.
What am I doing wrong in my syntax?

rsync $OPTS /cis/cloverleaf/cis6.0/integrator/ $REMHOST:/home/hci/rsync/integrator --exclude 'processes*' --exclude 'uninstall*' > ${ERRFILE}

So I'm trying to get everything in the /cis/cloverleaf/cis6.0/integrator/ directory, except the files inside /cis/cloverleaf/cis6.0/integrator/abchub/exec/processes directory.
I'm trying to move all that over minus the files inside /processes
and
anything with the word Uninstall in the /integrator directory
over to /home/hci/rsync/integrator on a remote server.

What am I missing with the syntax of --exclude
Help!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating and using a /.rsync/exclude

Hello all, Everyone has been awesome assisting with my rsync script... Now I want to clean it up. I think the best way for me to exclude many files might be to use a rsync exclude file. So in my script I add So now then, here is my .rsync/exclude... So what is happening is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync - exclude statement not working

hey all, i'm trying to rsync some dir's and files between servers and i've added an exclude statement, but it still goes out and tries to rsync the directory. I've tried the following: --exclude="/export/home/zones/lab" as well as: --exclude=/export/home/zones/lab and also:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: em23
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls exclude pattern

Hello, With ls *.html I am getting all the files ending with html; what would be the best why to get all the files not ending with html? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync exclude option

Hi Frdz, i am using rsync to transfer files from source to destination. but i have one criteria like i have to tranfer only links from source to destination. in home/test/po folder i have kiran/test1 -> /home/test/lo/fg kiran/test2 -> /home/test/lo/fg2 like links are available.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

[Solved] Using Find with an exclude/exclude file

I am familiar with using tar and exclude/include files: tar zcf backup.dirs.tgz --files-from=include.mydirs --exclude-from=exclude.mydirs --no-recursion but was wondering if I could use find in the same way. I know that you can just specify the directories to exclude but my list is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude a file or not in

Hi Gurus. I have a directory and i receive many files with extension .log. I processed the file as i get it. i want to process all the files except one which i know i don't want to process. cd /backup/temp/rajesh/PACS #--- directory , under this i have below files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exclude txt file in rsync

Hi Folks, I'm using rsync on Solaris 10 to backup a web server and need to exclude the cache and tmp directories. The man pages and google on rsync --exclude are ambiguous but I have tried--exclude=".*" and --exclude/remote_server/absolute_path with success only on the tmp files. Rather than make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmokeyJoe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Du exclude in Solaris

How do you exclude a filesystem using du command in solaris? for example /proc Tried this but its not working du -sk -d /* --exclude=/proc | sort -nr | cut -f2 | xargs du -sh | head - (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jinslick25
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync exclude & include?

hi I have a few folders and a few files , for example Directory A B C D E Files 1 2 3 4 5 I want B directory and "2" File that does not sync But other directories and file sync What is the solution ? Is there a way to sync time is under one minute? os centos 6.8 thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
slack.conf(5)							File Formats Manual						     slack.conf(5)

NAME
slack.conf - configuration file for slack DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/slack.conf contains configuration information for slack(8) and its backends. It should contain one keyword-value pair per line, separated by an '=' sign. Keywords must consist solely of capital letters and underscores. Values may take any appropriate format, but must not begin with a space. Comments start with '#', and all text from the '#' to the end of a line is ignored. Trailing whitespace on lines is ignored. Empty lines or lines consisting of only whitespace and comments are ignored. Valid keywords are: SOURCE The master source for slack roles. It can be in one of four forms: o /path/to/dir Use a local directory. o somehost:/path/to/dir Use given directory on a remote host via rsync over SSH. o rsync://somehost/module Use module on a remote rsyncd server (directly over the network). o somehost::module Use the rsync daemon protocol over SSH to the given host. See "USING RSYNC-DAEMON FEATURES VIA A REMOTE-SHELL CONNECTION" in rsync(1) All forms of SOURCE are passed directly to rsync, so you can do things like add "user@" before the host on any remote forms. For more about what rsync can do, see its manual page, of course. For the last form, however, we do a little magic. rsync treats the last two forms equivalently, so we overload the last form by automatically passing "-e ssh" to rsync when we see it. This hack lets us tell slack to use this nice feature of rsync just using the SOURCE config option. ROOT The root filesystem into which to install slack roles. Usually '/'. ROLE_LIST The location of the role list, which lists the roles to be installed by default on each host. This can be a path relative to the source, or can be an entirely separate location if it starts with a slash or a hostname (option- ally preceeded by user@). CACHE A local cache directory, used as a local mirror of the SOURCE. STAGE A local staging directory, used as an intermediate stage when installing files. BACKUP_DIR A directory in which to keep dated backups for rollbacks. EXAMPLE
A typical file might look like this: # slack.conf configuration file SOURCE=slack-master:/slack # source is on a remote # host named "slack-master" ROLE_LIST=slack-master:/roles.conf ROOT=/ CACHE=/var/cache/slack STAGE=/var/lib/slack/stage BACKUP_DIR=/var/lib/slack/backups FILES
/etc/slack.conf SEE ALSO
slack(8), rsync(1) File formats 2005-05-23 slack.conf(5)