Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IP Tables not allowing ports
Special Forums Cybersecurity IP Tables not allowing ports Post 302878762 by 3therk1ll on Sunday 8th of December 2013 09:50:49 PM
Old 12-08-2013
Solved: As below works just fine.
Some sites were using other ports such as 8443 as an https alternative and 587 (submission) in the same role.

Code:
#Drop all
iptables -P INPUT DROP
iptables -P OUTPUT DROP
iptables -P FORWARD DROP

#Accept IN associated ports
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

#Inbound
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 7465 -j ACCEPT

#Outbound
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 7465 -j ACCEPT

#Forwarded
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m tcp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m tcp --dport 7465 -j ACCEPT

Last edited by 3therk1ll; 12-08-2013 at 11:41 PM.. Reason: Solved

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Allowing access to ports < 1024 w/o root

I need to set up an application to run in a script which will be running as a web server but is a database. I need to allow users to use the web server but the app must be run as root in order for the ports to be accessible. This is not a very secure environment would like to know how this could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpollard
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

3. Programming

allowing members of a group to kill a process

I've written a python program where I want to allow members of a specific group the ability to kill it, and I'm not sure how to do it. I've been looking at the setuid() and setgid() and similar functions in the os module, but haven't been able to get them to work. I can't seem to change the uid or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vastcharade
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Need help in allowing symmetric cryptography[2]

I have encountered some problems in my school work. Here is the question: The server that provides the time synchronization must be configured to allow its clients to verify its authenticity using symmetric cryptography. Much Appreciated!:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsonljx
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need help in allowing symmetric cryptography[2]

The server that provides the time synchronization must be configured to allow its clients to verify its authenticity using symmetric cryptography. 4. Singapore Polytechnic, Dover, Singapore,Mr Kam, and Computer Engineering I don't think there is any coding since it is just configuring... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonljx
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Samba for anonymouse setup but not allowing me to write

Hi Friends, samba for annonymouse setup but not allowing me to write when i tried to browse from windows 7 box conf as below #testparm Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf Processing section "" Processing section "" Processing section "" Loaded services file OK. Server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Allowing External Scans

Hello! I run an HP Unix system which I host oracle databases on, as well as oracle based apps used by my company. My IA department needs to scan my files to ensure I am following IA procedures and check for vulnerabilities in scripts etc. The scan is coming from corporate, and they asked for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpuxguy
2 Replies

8. AIX

Ssh not allowing NIS user to login

As I do a ssh <nis_user>@server1 from server2, ssh prompts for certificates (as expected the first time), then it prompts for the users password, as soon as I enter the password, I get a Connection to server1 closed by remote host, and connection to server1 closed. and I disconnect back to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

One user to su to another without allowing root access and password

Hello Gurus, I want One user to su to another without allowing root access and password. I want to run a specific command as below from user am663: --------------------------------------------------------- sudo -u appsprj4 /home/appsrj4/scripts/start_apache.sh ------------------- But... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
6 Replies
IPTABLES-APPLY(8)						  iptables 1.6.1						 IPTABLES-APPLY(8)

NAME
iptables-apply - a safer way to update iptables remotely SYNOPSIS
iptables-apply [-hV] [-t timeout] [-w savefile] {[rulesfile]|-c [runcmd]} DESCRIPTION
iptables-apply will try to apply a new rulesfile (as output by iptables-save, read by iptables-restore) or run a command to configure iptables and then prompt the user whether the changes are okay. If the new iptables rules cut the existing connection, the user will not be able to answer affirmatively. In this case, the script rolls back to the previous working iptables rules after the timeout expires. Successfully applied rules can also be written to savefile and later used to roll back to this state. This can be used to implement a store last good configuration mechanism when experimenting with an iptables setup script: iptables-apply -w /etc/network/iptables.up.rules -c /etc/network/iptables.up.run When called as ip6tables-apply, the script will use ip6tables-save/-restore and IPv6 default values instead. Default value for rulesfile is '/etc/network/iptables.up.rules'. OPTIONS
-t seconds, --timeout seconds Sets the timeout in seconds after which the script will roll back to the previous ruleset (default: 10). -w savefile, --write savefile Specify the savefile where successfully applied rules will be written to (default if empty string is given: /etc/network/iptables.up.rules). -c runcmd, --command runcmd Run command runcmd to configure iptables instead of applying a rulesfile (default: /etc/network/iptables.up.run). -h, --help Display usage information. -V, --version Display version information. SEE ALSO
iptables-restore(8), iptables-save(8), iptables(8). LEGALESE
Original iptables-apply - Copyright 2006 Martin F. Krafft <madduck@madduck.net>. Version 1.1 - Copyright 2010 GW <gw.2010@tnode.com or http://gw.tnode.com/>. This manual page was written by Martin F. Krafft <madduck@madduck.net> and extended by GW <gw.2010@tnode.com or http://gw.tnode.com/>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-APPLY(8)