Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Asst: Shell Script to sed
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Asst: Shell Script to sed Post 302878714 by raymondbn on Sunday 8th of December 2013 09:53:24 AM
Old 12-08-2013
Yeah the double quotes you mentioned, thats whats in my original code.But im not sure what the error is, my guess maybe sed isnt working well for the last file being changed, it works fine up from 1 to 36, then at 37 it gives me trouble. It says sub3 produced incorrect output on test 37

the full error message is up in my original message up top

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep, sed in a shell script

Hi, I have a problem with a simple script I am trying to write. I want a user to type grep, sed commands that are then stored in variables. Those variables are stored in a function, and the function is then called to execute the commands. The idea is that the user does it step by step. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trufla
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command in shell script

I have a current code working(named subst1) having a user be able to type this line to substitute words using the sed command: subst1 old-pattern new-pattern filename Here is my shell script: #!/bin/bash # subst1 ARGS=3 E_BADARGS=65 if then echo "Usage: `basename $0`... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Todd88
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script by sed

Hey everybody I need some help on how to order the data in file such as a file have first name last name and city and i would like to order them to in the same order by using sed thanks alot for your time (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: halola85
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script - sed

Hi i have a problem how to put som lines on top or in the bottom of the text with sed. problem is that i am reading from stdin and when i have som lines starting with ++, i have to put some characters on the top of the lines starting with that ++ example of input oooo ++abcd ++befg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dun
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script and sed!

Hi folks, maybe somebody here can help me. I have 2 files. File A and File B. File A contains URLs leading to files on the Internet, with one URL per line; The format of the URLs on each line in File A is . File B contains only the filenames from each line in File A; One filename per line. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed in shell script

Hi all, I have files with the following names; afgcxa.pem4jan.rain.nc afgcxa.pem4feb.rain.nc afgcxa.pem4mar.rain.nc afgcxa.pem4apr.rain.nc I want to rename them to afgcxa.pem4-01.jan.rain.nc afgcxa.pem4-02.feb.rain.nc afgcxa.pem4-03.mar.rain.nc ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Rahiz
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed in shell script

Hi, i want to replace sub text which is in the middle of long text. let me be more clear with an example. Here is the actual text in the xml file <module-option name="principalDNSuffix">,cn=Users,dc=X,dc=Y</module-option> Now, in the above text, i want to replace all the content lying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED shell script

Generate a ddl file, we have a flat file which contains many commands like REM, CREATE table, TRuncate etc This script should copy only create table statements to the ddl file. Create stmts can be in a single or multiple lines. ex:- INPUT FILE create table tbl1 (fld1,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learninfo
5 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Asst: Using Shell Scripts with sed

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: One problem with the use of sed in simple text substitutions is that sed will intepret some characters as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raymondbn
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on shell script (sed)

Hi Guys, I have a xml file as below where I need to find the particular XML tag(<dpath>) and delete the content of it. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <title>XML</title><head>Ram</head><ControlCenter><doStatus>1</doStatus></ControlCenter><exitlabel>Gzip... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinoth Kumar G
7 Replies
refile(1)						      General Commands Manual							 refile(1)

NAME
refile - file message in other folders (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
refile [msgs] [+folder] [options] OPTIONS
Refiles the draft message, or the current message in your +drafts folder, if you have one set up. You cannot give a msgs argument when you use this option. Moves a file into a folder. This option takes a file from its directory and places it in the named folder, as the next message in the folder. The file must be formatted as a legal mail message. This means that the message must have the minimum header fields separated from the body of the message by a blank line or a line of dashes. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Keeps a copy of the message in the source folder. Normally, refile removes the messages from the original folder when it refiles them. The -link option keeps a copy in the original folder, as well as filing a copy in the new folder. Preserves the number of a message in the new folder. Normally, when a message is refiled in to another folder, it is set to the next available number in that folder. The -preserve option keeps the number of the message the same in the new folder as it had been in the old. You cannot have two messages with the same number in one folder, so you should use this option with care. Specifies the source folder to take messages from. Normally, messages are refiled from the current folder into another folder. However, you can take mes- sages from a different folder by using the -src +folder option to specify the alternative source folder. DESCRIPTION
Use the refile command to move the specified message from the current folder to another folder. You can refile messages in more than one folder by giving multiple folder names as arguments. If you do not specify a message, the current message is refiled. You can refile a message other than the current message by giving its num- ber as a msgs argument. You can also refile more than one message at a time by specifying more than one message number, or a range of mes- sage numbers, or a message sequence. See mark(1) for more information on sequences. The current folder remains the same unless the -src option is specified; in that case, the source folder becomes current. Normally, the last message specified becomes the current message. However, if the -link option is used, the current message is not changed. If the Previous-Sequence: entry is set in the file, in addition to defining the named sequences from the source folder, refile will also define those sequences for the destination folders. See mh_profile(4) for information concerning the previous sequence. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your Mail directory Folder-Protect: To set protections when creating a new folder rmmproc: Program to delete the message EXAMPLES
The following example refiles messages 3 and 5 in the folder +records: % refile 3 5 +records The next example files the current message into two folders: % refile +jones +map The next example takes message 13 in the current folder and refiles it in the +test folder. The mes- sage remains in the current folder as well as appearing in the +test folder. % refile -link 13 +test The next example takes a message from the folder +test when it is not the current folder, and places it in the folder +outbox: % refile 3 -src +test +outbox FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
folder(1), mark(1), mh_profile(4) refile(1)