Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pdftotext from multiple pdf files to a single text file Post 302878689 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 8th of December 2013 03:05:04 AM
Old 12-08-2013
Try using a for loop and redirecting the output of the loop.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

split a single sql file into multiple files

Hi,I have a single sql file containing many create table ddl's.Example: CREATE TABLE sec_afs ( rpt_per_typ_c char(1) NOT NULL, rpt_per_typ_t varchar(20) NULL, LOCK ALLPAGES go EXEC sp_primarykey 'sec_afs', rpt_per_typ_c go GRANT SELECT ON sec_afs TO developer_read_only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarter_aries
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

pdftotext / PDF conversion to .txt binaries

Good day, I've been trying to look for a way to compile the Xpdf sources in our HP-UX server, but have been failing to do so because there is no GCC installed, and I don't have privileges to install GCC. I was looking for a functionality to convert PDF files to .txt, which is exactly like the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike_s_6
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple text file from a single text file on AIX

Hi I need to create multiple text files from onc text file on AIX. The data of text files is as below: ********************************************** ********************************************** DBVERIFY: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on Tue Nov 10 13:45:42 2009 Copyright (c) 1982,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove multiple text from a single file

Dear all, I have a file which have let us say records from A-Z. Now I want to remove multiple letter from this file using single command.. let us say I want to remove A,F,K,Y,U,P,B,S,D. I can use grep -v command but for this case i need to rerun the file several time i wana avoid using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split the single file lines into multiple files

Let's assume that I have a file name called ‘A' and it has 100 lines in it and would like to split these 100 lines into 4 files as specified bellow. INPUT: Input file name A 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ........100 Output: 4 output files (x,y,z,w) File x should contains (Skip 4 lines)... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbarao25
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging information from multiple files to a single file

Hello, I am new to unix and need help with a problem. I have 2 files each containing multiple columns of information ie; File 1 : A B C D E 1 2 3 4 5 File 2 : F G 6 7 I would like to merge the information from File 2 to File 1 so that the data reads as follows; File 1: A... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchie
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine Multiple Files into Single One File One after other

I am trying to combine 4 .dat files into one single Output file Inputs are:- file123.dat, file256.dat, file378.dat & file490 Expected Output:- FileName=file1 {text from file1} EOF {blank line} FileName=file2 {text from file2} EOF {blank line} FileName=file3 {text from file3} EOF... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancesunny
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single file to multiple files

Hi Friends , Please guide me with the code to extract multiple files from one file . The File Looks like ( Suppose a file has 2 tables list ,column length may vary ) H..- > File Header.... H....- >Table 1 Header.... D....- > Table 1 Data.... T....- >Table 1 Trailer.... H..-> Table 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AspiringD
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge the multiple data files as a single file?

Hi Experts, I have created multiple scripts and send the output to new file, getting this output to my mailbox on daily basis. I would like to send the all outputs to a single file, need to merge all file outputs on a single file. For example, Created script for df -h > df.doc grep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a single file into multiple files based on a value.

Hi All, I have the sales_data.csv file in the directory as below. SDDCCR; SOM ; MD6546474777 ;05-JAN-16 ABC ; KIRAN ; CB789 ;04-JAN-16 ABC ; RAMANA; KS566767477747 ;06-JAN-16 ABC ; KAMESH; A33535335 ;04-JAN-16 SDDCCR; DINESH; GD6674474747 ;08-JAN-16... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
4 Replies
pdftotext(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pdftotext(1)

NAME
pdftotext - Portable Document Format (PDF) to text converter (version 3.00) SYNOPSIS
pdftotext [options] [PDF-file [text-file]] DESCRIPTION
Pdftotext converts Portable Document Format (PDF) files to plain text. Pdftotext reads the PDF file, PDF-file, and writes a text file, text-file. If text-file is not specified, pdftotext converts file.pdf to file.txt. If text-file is '-', the text is sent to stdout. OPTIONS
-f number Specifies the first page to convert. -l number Specifies the last page to convert. -r number Specifies the resolution, in DPI. The default is 72 DPI. -x number Specifies the x-coordinate of the crop area top left corner -y number Specifies the y-coordinate of the crop area top left corner -W number Specifies the width of crop area in pixels (default is 0) -H number Specifies the height of crop area in pixels (default is 0) -layout Maintain (as best as possible) the original physical layout of the text. The default is to 'undo' physical layout (columns, hyphen- ation, etc.) and output the text in reading order. -raw Keep the text in content stream order. This is a hack which often "undoes" column formatting, etc. Use of raw mode is no longer recommended. -htmlmeta Generate a simple HTML file, including the meta information. This simply wraps the text in <pre> and </pre> and prepends the meta headers. -bbox Generate an XHTML file containing bounding box information for each word in the file. -enc encoding-name Sets the encoding to use for text output. This defaults to "UTF-8". -listenc Lits the available encodings -eol unix | dos | mac Sets the end-of-line convention to use for text output. -nopgbrk Don't insert page breaks (form feed characters) between pages. -opw password Specify the owner password for the PDF file. Providing this will bypass all security restrictions. -upw password Specify the user password for the PDF file. -q Don't print any messages or errors. -v Print copyright and version information. -h Print usage information. (-help and --help are equivalent.) BUGS
Some PDF files contain fonts whose encodings have been mangled beyond recognition. There is no way (short of OCR) to extract text from these files. EXIT CODES
The Xpdf tools use the following exit codes: 0 No error. 1 Error opening a PDF file. 2 Error opening an output file. 3 Error related to PDF permissions. 99 Other error. AUTHOR
The pdftotext software and documentation are copyright 1996-2004 Glyph & Cog, LLC. pdffonts(1), pdfimages(1), pdfinfo(1), pdftocairo(1), pdftohtml(1), pdftoppm(1), pdftops(1) 22 January 2004 pdftotext(1)