Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove duplicate line starting with a pattern Post 302878654 by varun22486 on Saturday 7th of December 2013 07:15:14 PM
Old 12-07-2013
Code:
nawk 'gsub (/RUN/, "&") > 1 {sub (/\n *RUN ANY *\n/,"\n")}1' RS= cmdsDly_JIL.pull_job_esp
nawk: input record `UNIX_JOB CMDJ000J
  ...' too long
 source line number 1

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 12-08-2013 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove Duplicate line

Hi, I have a scenario here where I have created a flatfile with the below mentioned information. File as you can see is dispalyed in three columns 1st column is FileNameString 2nd column is Report_Name (this has spaces) 3rd column is Flag Result file needed is, removal of duplicate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Student37
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modify a particular pattern starting from second line of the search pattern

Hi, I am new to this forum and i would like to get help in this issue. I have a file 1.txt as shown: apple banana orange apple grapes banana orange grapes orange .... Now i would like to search for pattern say apple or orange and then put a # at the beginning of the pattern... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imas
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modify a particular pattern starting from second line of the search pattern

Hi, I think you ppl did not get my question correctly, let me explain I have 1.txt with following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433 ** ** ** In file 2.txt I have the following entries as shown: ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment/delete a particular pattern starting from second line of the matching pattern

Hi, I have file 1.txt with following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433 ** ** ** In file 2.txt I have the following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to remove all lines from a file before a line starting with pattern

hi,, i hav a file with many lines.i need to remove all lines before a line begginning with a specific pattern from the file because these lines are not required. Can u help me out with either a perl script or shell script example:- if file initially contains lines: a b c d .1.2 d e f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove all words starting from a matching word in a line

Hi Guys, I have a file like this: wwwe 1 ioie ewew yyy uuu 88 erehrlk 4 ihoiwhe lkjhassad lkhsad yyy mmm 45 jhash lhasdhs lkhsdkjsn ouiyrshroi oihoihswodnw oiyhewe yyy ggg 77 I want to remove everything after "yyy" and including "yyy" from each line in the file. So I want:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line starting from space till end.

Hi, I have a code tag, from which i have the below snippet: intelrpt.GetCMB_FB type=ODBC> intelrpt.GetCMB_FB type=SYBASE> I want the output like: intelrpt.GetCMB_FB intelrpt.GetCMB_FB That is remove the lines starting from WHITESPACE till end. Please help. I am new to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate occurrences of text pattern

Hi folks! I have a file which contains a 1000 lines. On each line i have multiple occurrences ( 26 to be exact ) of pattern folder#/folder#. # is depicting the line number in the file some text here folder1/folder1 some text here folder1/folder1 some text here folder1/folder1 some text... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep file starting from pattern matching line

I have a file with a list of references towards the end and want to apply a grep for some string. text .... @unnumbered References @sp 1 @paragraphindent 0 2017. @strong{Chalenski, D.A.}; Wang, K.; Tatanova, Maria; Lopez, Jorge L.; Hatchell, P.; Dutta, P.; @strong{Small airgun... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove new line starting with a numeric value and append it to the previous line

Hi, i have a file with multiple entries. After some tests with sed i managed to get the file output as follows: lsn=X-LINK-IN0,apc=661:0,state=avail,avail/links=1/1, 00,2110597,2094790,0,81,529,75649011,56435363, lsn=TM1ITP1-AM1ITP1-LS,apc=500:0,state=avail,avail/links=1/1,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
5 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)